Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Prototype to Production

Options
  • 10-01-2016 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there,

I wanted to ask the community here about taking a simple project made with an arduino board, to the prototype stage and then to the production stage.

How does one seriously create a product from a prototype that they have made using an arduino?

Can arduino be used in final products or would the creator need to have a PCB created with their required specs?

Apologies for the newb questions here, I'm new to electronics and just started playing around with arduino, but wanted to know if the end game (making a product) was too out of reach for a lone developer :)

Thanks,
    dabler

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

dabler wrote: »
    Hi there,

I wanted to ask the community here about taking a simple project made with an arduino board, to the prototype stage and then to the production stage.

How does one seriously create a product from a prototype that they have made using an arduino?

Can arduino be used in final products or would the creator need to have a PCB created with their required specs?

Apologies for the newb questions here, I'm new to electronics and just started playing around with arduino, but wanted to know if the end game (making a product) was too out of reach for a lone developer :)

Thanks,
    dabler

The solution will depend on the cost target and the volume / year you wish to make.

There is no reason why an arduino couldn't be put into a CE approved product but would most likely be too expensive.

An electronic engineer could easily design a pcb for you and arrange to get samples made. But you would have to pay for their time.

You could also approach a college and see if they would do if as a project.

Advertisement