Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for work experience

Options
  • 10-01-2016 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I'm interested in computers, both software and hardware. Where is a good place to get work experience

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I'm interested in computers, both software and hardware. Where is a good place to get work experience

Do you know anything about hardware or software? Software development that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Saw on news that Fastcom were hiring! They announced a big expansion and a load of new jobs. Might be worth a shot maybe, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

The problem with sligo is places don't take on new people for jobs or work placements. That's my experience and im doing a computer course!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Vlove wrote: »
    The problem with sligo is places don't take on new people for jobs or work placements. That's my experience and im doing a computer course!

What are you both studying and are you studying in Sligo IT? Some companies in Sligo I can think of off the top of my head is Viatec, Compupac and Fastcom (who are hiring apparently). They may be worth getting in contact with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 coweyed

Overstock.com have a software development centre down in Cleveragh business park

• Advertisement
Advertisement