Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple gift cards

Options
  • 10-01-2016 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

I wasn't sure where to put this so thought here suited it the most.
    I have two gift cards left over from Christmas and i want to use them up.
    Would most shops be able to take the two of them plus cash for payment of one item ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If you mean vouchers applicable for that store, then sure. Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

If you mean vouchers applicable for that store, then sure. Why not?

Yes they are applicable.
    I wasn't sure if they could split the total into 3 transactions

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Yes they are applicable.

It's not 3 transactions, it's 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Yes they are applicable.

As Srameen said its three separate tenders not three separate transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If the vouchers are on cards (e.g. Easons) then they should be able to dock some money from one of the cards and give it back to you with a tally roll receipt which says how much credit is remaining. If it's a paper voucher and you're not spending all of the amount then they have to decide whether to give you a credit note or cash change. If you spend most of the money then some places will just give you cash change because it's simpler but it all depends on the store policy.

But if you have (e.g.) two €10 gift vouchers (any format) and you want to buy something with a price tag of €25 with the vouchers and €5 cash, you won't have a problem anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Thanks it worked fine.
    I just wasn't sure if they could split up the payments.
    One easy way to get rid of the balance on the cards

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

As Srameen said its three separate tenders not three separate transactions.

Depends on store, if they had an integrated Till system, the software might not support three separate tenders, some have a problem with two (half cash, half credit card).

Depends on store, if they had an integrated Till system, the software might not support three separate tenders, some have a problem with two (half cash, half credit card).

I have never had a problem with multiple vouchers plus cash in any stores. It's moot anyway as OP says they got sorted no problem.

Advertisement