Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobby Co.Co to take over Pool and gym in Johnstown, Navan

Options
  • 10-01-2016 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

It's sad to see the area around the former Energie/Jackie Skelly's) Gym falling into such disrepair. It's now boarded up to prevent idle teens from vandalising it more.
    There is a big empty swimming pool in there and I want to explore the possibility of the local authorities taking it over to open it to the public.
    Who owns it? Do you think it's a runner? Who should I approach to try to get ball moving?
    Penny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

The Co Co dont have money to house homeless people where do you think they would get money to run a leasure centre that two seperate companys couldnt make profitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Gym chains won't go near it because pools are expensive to run and rarely make profit. It doesn't help that it's also a small pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

I noticed today ben Dunne gyms are opening out by Woodies. Not a good sign for the Johnstown gym reopening. I know BD gyms are low cost and he proposed getting rid of the pool in Blanch but customers kicked up a fuss

It's a shame it's left sitting there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Wont re open sure the "council gym" is aura .....knock it and build houses or more shops is the only thing .....could take years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Just a thought but could the pool find a new lease of life as a half pipe?

• Advertisement
Advertisement