Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New years resolution, its time to get fit

Options
  • 10-01-2016 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭

For the last few years since I finished college my main source of exercise has been karate classes I go to twice a week. My level of fitness has just dropped off over that time. So heres a bit of a log.

4 January Monday Karate class as normal

6 Janaury Wednesday
    The goal
    3.5km run in 21 minutes.

What actually happened
    2.5km run in 15 minutes and 1km walk in 10 minutes.

What I learned
    The route I've picked for running on my way home from work. It allows me to get off my dart and and meet a bus faster than if I stayed on the dart to town and then got a bus from town. This means much easier to motivate myself as its faster for me to get home.

7 January Thursday
    The goal
    3.5km run

What actually happened
    1.5 km run 9 minutes
    500 meter walk/break
    1.5 km run 9 minutes

What I learned
    Its easier to run take a break recover and run again.

8 January Friday
    1km run 6 minutes
    1.5 km walk
    1km run 6 minutes

What I learned. Three days running even though its only a little and my calves are killing me when I start to move. Ah well practice makes perfect.

9 January Saturday
    Karate class as normal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

11 January Monday
    Karate class as normal

12 January Tuesday
    2.5 km run in 15 minutes
    1km half running half walking 8 minutes

Advertisement