Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Fight Night: Dillashaw v Cruz

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

haven't a clue who won that.

Cruz's leg looks in a bad way though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Dillashaw via Decision
    Moral victor is Cruz,down to the judges now tough enough to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Dillashaw via Submission
    Also if Cruz did his ACL in that fight, he may very well call it a day. There's no way he can come back from another serious knee injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

3-2 Cruz. Very close however. Being the champ may win it for TJ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Cruz via Submission
    Great fight. Razor thin either way

• Advertisement

Dillashaw via Submission
    New champ! Congrats Cruz!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

49-46 cruz? How can the score that. :confused:

Dillashaw via Submission
    That's one hell of a comeback story, some Rocky shît right there!

I'm happy for him but that's some wonky scoring from the judges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Absolutely delighted for him. What a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Delighted for Cruz.
    Great fight.
    Dillashaw in shock.

Dillashaw via Decision
    Absolutely delighted for Dominic to come back from them injuries is incredible,also the fact dillashaw is an absolute snake for turning his back on his team its great to see him lose the strap.

"Kenny florian....quit copying and pasting man!"

epic. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

So happy for Dominick. What a fight!

Dillashaw via Decision
    Fair play to TJ being humble in defeat there,2 sick athletes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

How can one judge score it 46-49 and the other 49-46?

One values aggression and the other values ringcraft? dunno. There is no way in hell that fight was 49-46 for either fighter. The only round up for debate in my mind was round 1. It was a 3-2 fight every day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Judges could have gone either way but delighted for Cruz.

Hopefully his foot/leg injury isnt too bad and can fight again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Couldn't decide who won but definitely didn't think Cruz won that unanimously.

Top fight. Fair play to TJ, remained composed and man it was close.

Great stuff! Cruz is like a ghost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

Dunno what the judges seen i had Cruz first three rounds and TJ 4th and 5th.

Anyone have a link for post fight conference?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Cruz via Submission
    Man Cruz he is so elusive, if you had 6 arms you'd still have trouble trying to tag him. Absolutely delighted for him. Hopefully he stays healthy for a few years and dominates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Ouch.

The-Night-in-Sports-jan-17-x.jpg

Journalist just asked Travis if he would take a rematch given the controversy.

He was absolutely RAGING, said 'rematch with who?'

'do you think it was controversial?' to the journalist.

Cruz showing a real lack of class here to be honest.

TJ was very respectful in his post fight speech, but Cruz kicking a man when he's down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Cruz via Submission
    Thought the fight could well have been 49-46 Cruz, But I gave him 1,2,3 and 5. TJ punching at air for most of the fight. Cruz landing at at far higher percentage and landed the bigger shots and securing rounds with Takedowns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Absolutly delighted for Cruz, his footwork while his foot was absolutely ****ed was amazing, thank God by the early reports it's not his knee this time, but still looked a serious enough injury. I wonder if this is where we see the rift between Ludwig and TJ.... It will come. I know he switched camps to get money from team elevation but really if it's not broke don't fix it, he's after shooting himself in the foot here.

Edit - and after that performance I have full confidence in Khabib being able to come back from similar and by the looks of things he will have no problem clearing out the division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Dillashaw via Decision
    T J Dillashaw was lackluster i thought. Probably deserved not to get the decision. How one judge gave it to him by 3rds i dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

BT recording cut out midway through 5th round of Dillashaw fight, i guess you have to record the program after in case it runs over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

Cruz via Decision
    It was definitely 3-2either way. 49-46 is shocking. The commission needs new judges badly

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

LaGlisse wrote:
    BT recording cut out midway through 5th round of Dillashaw fight, i guess you have to record the program after in case it runs over?

Ah no you serious! Was hoping to watch it this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Pettis - what a disappointment. He's got savage ability to finish but there's a clear hole in his game. Guy has never won a convincing decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Cruz via Submission
    TimRiggins wrote: »
    Thought the fight could well have been 49-46 Cruz, But I gave him 1,2,3 and 5. TJ punching at air for most of the fight. Cruz landing at at far higher percentage and landed the bigger shots and securing rounds with Takedowns.

Totally agree. Cruz a clear winner for me.

Pettis - what a disappointment. He's got savage ability to finish but there's a clear hole in his game. Guy has never won a convincing decision.

Wonder if he will cut down to 145, he should strongly look at its he's getting bullied by bigger guys badly. Either that or there's another reason why he's performing so badly that I won't go into, but I wouldn't put it past anyone anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭padzer

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Ah no you serious! Was hoping to watch it this evening!

Mine cut out just as TJ was about to be interviewed so you might get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

padzer wrote: »
    Mine cut out just as TJ was about to be interviewed so you might get away with it.

im guessing if you have the next programme set to record it will pick it up right? dont want this happening again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cruz via Decision
    I hate travis browne even more after last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

ASOT wrote: »
    Wonder if he will cut down to 145, he should strongly look at its he's getting bullied by bigger guys badly. Either that or there's another reason why he's performing so badly that I won't go into, but I wouldn't put it past anyone anymore.

He never struck me as the type (he's never been that athletic), but who's to know.

He never struck me as the type (he's never been that athletic), but who's to know.

Me either but either did Silva, hopefully it's just the injuries having am adverse effect rather than anything else but it just looks weird how you can go from being on top of the division to that in such a short space of time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cruz via Submission
    Absolutely beaming for Cruz, more so as I thought TJ won the fight, wasn't expeciting Dom to get his hand raised. I was hoping they would get Faber in there to face off with him.

Was hoping for a LOT more from Pettis.

Sickened for Matt :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cruz via Submission
    Jon Jones, gas man...

Jon Bones Jones @JonnyBones This guy @travisbrowneMMA out there using my favorite technique 1f61c.png
    3:58 AM - 18 Jan 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭padzer

LaGlisse wrote: »
    im guessing if you have the next programme set to record it will pick it up right? dont want this happening again

Yeah that should do the trick alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Cruz via Submission
    Delighted for Cruz, it's crazy how elusive he is in there. Loved watching that fight.

I gave him 1, 2 and 3.
    TJ 4.
    5th round was close, could have gone either way so the 49-46 Cruz doesn't surprise me too much.

Pettis was very disappointing, where does he go from here.
    Pressure him and don't give him space and he's in big trouble.

Browne is a scumbag, should have had a point taken away.

Dillashaw via Decision
    I gave Cruz 123 tj round 4,5 but I'd have to watch it back again,TJ was putting the pressure on but he was hitting thin air Cruz was touching TJ I thought but never really hurt him,

It just goes to show what Cruz could've been imagine him with them 4 years of fighting and training would be twice as good,

Pettis as I said before has a problem and he wont fix it by working tdd,he needs to use his footwork better stay away from the cage because thats the tool everyone uses against him,RDA will be trying the same technique except Conor has the brain not to stand near the cage and circle off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Cruz via Submission
    Delighted Browne and Rousey have each other. Two incredibly detestible figures

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FollowMyWay

It is such a pleasure to see Cruz fight. I had Cruz winning the first three, he was making TJ miss and landing good combinations plus the takedowns. TJ clearly won the fourth and edged the fifth. Tony Weeks gave Cruz the fourth, not sure what he was watching.

Both 49-46 decisions were pretty outrageous, the fight was close.

Faber Cruz III probably going to be the next fight.

Pettis was disappointing, his movement was poor, should of looked to control the centre instead got backed up to the cage and takendown. When he landed he had Eddie in trouble. Fair play to Eddie, I don't think he'll go much farther than this though, Khabib supposedly up next for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Cruz via Submission
    Just finished watching this, managed to avoid the results all day in work and on the facebook timeline and on the mats in the gym so happy with that. Good night of fights, absolutely delighted for The Dominator, thought he looked fantastic and even though it was close I thought he deserved it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement