Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing Christmas Out Of Season 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Visited my brother today and he still has his tree up! His foreign girlfriend celebrates Christmas later than us, so wanted to keep it up that bit longer!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

SarahLil wrote: »
    I thought that from the ads I seen, then I thought maybe it's just wishful thinking, thanks for letting us know

Yeah, while it's not a Christmas movie, it does have a lot of Christmas. Lots of scenes with Christmas trees and lights in the background and in the establishing shots. And the movie ends on Christmas Eve. It's a bit like The Long Kiss Goodnight, if the Long Kiss Goodnight was about mops rather than assassins.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Passed a house with a wreath still up on the way home this evening:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Bradburys in town here still have their Christmas window display up and its fab. One side is a large scale chrostmas village with lights and moving people and everything. The other is a forest scene with snow blankets and deer and owls and the full works ! :)

Passed a house with a wreath still up on the way home this evening:)

Passed it again today and it's still there. Maybe they can't reach it? Not complaining though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was in Tesco and they still have Christmas themed boxes of Frosties.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

They are still selling off the last few gift items and wrapping paper in Boots in Stephen's Green just at the checkout 70% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Picked up the new Argos catalogue yesterday. It reminds me of the times in late August when the new season catalogue comes out and the last page with the Christmas decorations! :)
    (Although last year there wasn't a page :( )

Weather still cold, fires still lighting at night, when it's stormy out, I feel so Christmassy all snuggled up inside!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Picked up the new Argos catalogue yesterday. It reminds me of the times in late August when the new season catalogue comes out and the last page with the Christmas decorations! :)
    (Although last year there wasn't a page :( )

Weather still cold, fires still lighting at night, when it's stormy out, I feel so Christmassy all snuggled up inside!

It really does feel so Christmassy in the air or something. I must be the only person kinda a bit sad the evenings are getting brighter haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

the chilly frosty mornings are a lovely reminder of the christmas season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

There was a sign up in a nearby Tiger store yesterday- "Store closing early this evening for staff Christmas party" so some people are still in the Christmas spirit!

I was in Supervalu and they had loads of those Maltesers reindeers. They're selling them for 2 for €1, which seems a bit silly seeing as the Maltesers bunnies are 2 for €1.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Was in Debenhams on Saturday and they were selling some Christmas stuff.

We had a few episodes of Blacklist recorded since before the Christmas, watched them last night - great seeing the Christmas ads (even if was at high speed when we were fast forwarding them)

I was flicking through the channels and saw that TG4 had a music show on. They played one of the Band Aids! The one with the rap, but still, it's a Christmas song in February!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loughc wrote: »
    Went for a walk this evening I saw 2 Christmas wreaths still on doors, a Christmas tree still in the window and lights on outside and inside another house.

My neighbors are more festive than I give them credit for haha.

One of the wreaths is still there! It looks in great condition considering all the wind and rain we've had!

Saw a job advert for a santa claus position today:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Snowing here in Cork !!

Snowing here in Cork !!

Amazing! Cork never gets snow. Rachel Allen tweeted a picture of it earlier too.

Snowing in Tipperary as well but not Dublin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I opened the second last tin of Celebrations last night!

• Advertisement

I had a dream last night that I was watching TV and every ad was Christmassy. I was about to post here about it (in the dream) when I realised that I was watching a recording of a show that was shown at Christmas.

That was one of my more normal dreams.

I dreamt last night I had forgotten to wrap the Christmas presents, it was Christmas Eve so I wrapped the papers using newspapers. This was not one of my more normal dreams :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I had one during the week where it was mid-December 2016 and I couldn't understand where the year had gone. I kept thinking, wow it was just spring, how is Christmas already I have almost no memory of the summer! When I woke up it took me a few minutes to be sure it was definitely still February.

I tend to have a very similar dream a couple of times a year, so I'm sure it will happen again before the festive season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Every vidéo Tom makes is a work of art!! What a cute family.

I grabbed a copy of Cosmo in the relaxation room of a spa and as I was flicking through it I realised it was the December 2015 issue. It was full of gift ideas and decorations.

The Christmas episode of the Jonathan Ross Show is just finishing on 3e. They played Pie Face and Idina Menzel sang a Christmas song.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

I was in the bathroom of a hotel last last night and a little girl about 3 or 4 was singing Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer at the top of her lungs in one of the cubicles..
    Made me smile:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Spotted these Snow Rolls in Dealz this week - they just look like Snow Balls in a different shape, I haven't seen them before :D

• Advertisement

Spotted these Snow Rolls in Dealz this week - they just look like Snow Balls in a different shape, I haven't seen them before :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement