Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing Christmas Out Of Season 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was walking past a sign advertising a sale today and I noticed that the back of it said Merry Christmas. They obviously just decided to get the most out of the sign!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

An account called Mistletoe radio just followed me on Twitter - online Christmas radio station coming soon apparently!

Die Hard 2 is on Channel 4

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Die Hard 2 is on Channel 4
    I've discovered that Die Hard is actually on Netflix. :D

They watched Die Hard on Gogglebox this week and I couldn't figure out why none of them were wearing Santa hats and eating mince pies. :D

I was looking for something on the Supervalu app and they have Odlums Xmas Self Raising Flour listed.

I just remembered that I saw Christmas themed big Toblerones in a shop the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

This just came up on my FB:

Capture_zpstglannt6.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,597 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I got this is the post today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Christmas seems like Yesterday, but it was 4 months ago. That is hard to believe. It will be upon before we know it :):)

I personally love the winter season the most, and I am looking forward to the summer, but i love the Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Heatons in carlow have a little box of christmas stock near the tills! Little hanging signs reduced to 50 cent each ! Yes I may have bought a few ... :pac:

I saw a guy wearing a Christmas jumper the other day in the supermarket. It was one of those fair isle ones so it was subtle enough but it definitely had reindeer and snowflakes on it.

You seen Loughc in the supermarket?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

My friend just put up photos from Spain. Gorgeous azure blue skies and her young fella resplendent in his extremely loud Christmas jumper :)

mud wrote: »
    My friend just put up photos from Spain. Gorgeous azure blue skies and her young fella resplendent in his extremely loud Christmas jumper :)

What a legend. :D

I saw a Christmas biscuits mix in the baking aisle in Dunnes the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Hi everyone, I've enjoyed reading all your glimpses of Christmas!

One thing I was thinking about recently (now that summer is on the way!) is how musicians will be getting ready to record their Christmas songs/albums soon.

Summer -Time to write Christmas Songs

Design, fashion & retail are just some of the other industries that are out of synch too - preparing stuff months (sometimes years!) in advance so we can have our Christmas products in October!

So there is always Christmas out of season somewhere! Not to mention the big man himself, busy preparing all year for Christmas Eve! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Design, fashion & retail are just some of the other industries that are out of synch too - preparing stuff months (sometimes years!) in advance so we can have our Christmas products in October!

Haha, that's gas, cause I came in to post that work are having a Christmas Strategic Planning meeting today. They have signs up for it. And so it begins... haha.

We will probably be planning our work Christmas party around next month. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Jingle Bells came on his YouTube playlist so I just went with it

11hgm7d.jpg

On Bake Off Creme de la Creme tonight one of the teams built a winter wonderland as their show piece complete with snowmen.

And I was looking for something in a shop that sells a bit of everything and on the very top shelves of the shop they had little Christmas trees. I presume they were just storing them there but I was nearly tempted to ask them if they'd sell me one!

I'm sure they would!

(Buy one and post a picture of it here as soon as possible)

Posy wrote: »
    I'm sure they would!

(Buy one and post a picture of it here as soon as possible)

The shop is stinky and I don't like it so I'm not going back there. :D

I hate click bait, but I'm glad I clicked on this!

http://rsvpmagazine.ie/we-cant-believe-theyre-selling-this-in-dealz-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

bumped into a lovely Christmas Shop in Heidelberg, Germany, just a few weeks ago !

I saw a taxi with a Santa hat hanging from its rear view mirror the other day.

And town (Dublin) was absolutely buzzing on Saturday evening so even though it was bright-ish and warm it felt a bit Christmassy.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I was in a restaurant with my boyfriend and they had Michael Bublé songs playing, and after a while I realised that White Christmas was on! It must be a bonus track on one of his albums or something, but it was very festive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

We just got emailed the date and venue for our xmas party!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I got an email from the Harbour Hotel in Galway wishing me a very merry Christmas yesterday with snowflakes and the whole lot :D Then they said....just kidding but are now taking bookings for Christmas period and new year's eve. Just under 6 months to go :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Saw this on Facebook today - Movies 24 will be playing Christmas movies in July!!!

The films are so cheesy but I love all the decorations and snow in the background! Switch off your brain and enjoy some warm, fuzzy feelings!
    Oh it's also a fun channel to catch 'celebs' in either early films or when they got demoted to B or C status!

The films start on 4th July!

https://www.facebook.com/tvmovies24/videos/vb.1533212683600133/1706223352965731/?type=2&theater&notif_t=comment_mention&notif_id=1467017240953541

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement