Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing Christmas Out Of Season 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Saw this on Facebook today - Movies 24 will be playing Christmas movies in July!!!

The films are so cheesy but I love all the decorations and snow in the background! Switch off your brain and enjoy some warm, fuzzy feelings! Oh it's also a fun channel to catch 'celebs' in either early films or when they got demoted to B or C status!

The films start on 4th July!

OMG, I've literally just got sooo excited now!

I know what kinds of films you mean and they're usually super cheesy to watch but with all the decorations and festive music... Oh wow!

Thank you for sharing this, Milli!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I saw one the other day on one of those movie channels - it was the one about the guy who sets up the choir - think it was on last year too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

leahyl wrote: »
    I saw one the other day on one of those movie channels - it was the one about the guy who sets up the choir - think it was on last year too!

Yes I saw that a couple of times Leahyl. Was it with this actor? MV5BMTkxNDE1MTc0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjE4NDMzMw@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I've been watching some of these films on netflix over the last day or two. Watched a royal christmas yesterday :) cheesy story lines but as mentioned the decorations and christmas spirit works for me ! Role on July :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Cannot believe how much Christmas themed programmes and films have been on this weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cannot believe how much Christmas themed programmes and films have been on this weekend :)

I can't believe TV3 didn't do their Christmas in June again this year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Spotted in the uk today,

6ycbqd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hahaha that is brilliant Loughc !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was in Supervalu today and they had Christmas stockings for dogs. The type they sell in the pet food aisle.

That ad is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Philip Schofield posted this on social media:

It's Christmas in the #AllStarMrAndMrs studio!!

13654150_10154803736128682_3464080231377721682_n.jpg?oh=655d2d5c65fca368c88df2e54a08dc9e&oe=57F2C16A

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    Philip Schofield posted this on social media:

It's Christmas in the #AllStarMrAndMrs studio!!

Omg that's such a nice set!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

What ? It isn't live?!!!

We went to a filming of Pointless a few years ago in May and they told us that we'd just missed the Christmas episode by a day. :(

I saw #merrytcsmas trending on Twitter so I clicked on it.

https://twitter.com/icome_undone/status/753207651597750272

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

A League of Their Own has just filmed theirs too.

13709776_681319232019633_4248742549376165411_n.jpg?oh=4707a62273943e3a487f59300f413ee7&oe=57E8E453

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

The people who live in the apartment above me are watching Love Actually!!! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I was in Heatons a few weeks ago and they had 4 shelves of Christmas towels - I kid you not! I took a photo and will upload it when at a proper computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Eeeek! Can't wait to see it!! Sounds like all the right ingredients for a proper Christmas ad anyway!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Dunnes Stores this afternoon

c96a0de8-9401-44f5-b1e1-c632d760d6ca.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Possibly not entirely in the spirit of the thread but I am currently watching a Christmas episode of Gavin and Stacey and it's making me feel genuinely excited/nostalgic/elated about Christmases past and future.

Eeeeeeep.

mud wrote: »
    Possibly not entirely in the spirit of the thread but I am currently watching a Christmas episode of Gavin and Stacey and it's making me feel genuinely excited/nostalgic/elated about Christmases past and future.

Eeeeeeep.

I love that episode. The part with the Celebrations really sums up how everyone feels about them. :D

The Draíocht (theatre in Blanch) brochure in the door today and they're advertising their Christmas craft fair.

Posy wrote: »
    Dunnes Stores this afternoon

[/IMG]

They actually look like the old style cereal boxes as well, like from the 80's or something...don't know why I think that! Just the print I guess and Snap, Crackle and Pop looking so big! A bit nostalgic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Newbridge Silverware have just put up a post on fb announcing their Christmas Emporium is now open!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Dunne Stores in Letterkenny have tins of Roses and Quality Street on sale!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Dunne Stores in Letterkenny have tins of Roses and Quality Street on sale!! :-)

Does the Roses tin look different this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Brown Thomas Christmas Shop is now open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

shoes34 wrote: »
    Brown Thomas Christmas Shop is now open
    I popped in today! I didn't buy anything yet but I love the Christmas stuff being out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement