Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question about photo booths?

• 10-01-2016 5:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭

Can someone tell me where there's one of those photo booths for taking passport photos somewhere in the city please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

scream wrote: »
    Can someone tell me where there's one of those photo booths for taking passport photos somewhere in the city please?

Thanks.

I think I saw 1 in Arthur's Quay and 1 in the Dunnes around the corner from it as well.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Clareman wrote: »
    I think I saw 1 in Arthur's Quay and 1 in the Dunnes around the corner from it as well.

Yep, There's definitely one inside Tesco in Arthur's Quay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

The guy in the camera shop off William St will take your photo on a digital camera and print it in passport format.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

1 at Tescos in the Crescent as well.... also i know that the pharmacy in the opposite the super valu in the castletroy shopping center takes passport photos too

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

Most pharmacys will take your photo to passport specification and print it out for you. I've used O'Sullivans on O'Connell St a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Would recommend going to a pharmacy to have the photos taken. They'd be more familiar with the requirements.

If going to a booth, you'll need to follow the guidlines from Dept Foreign Affairs site: https://dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/top-passport-questions/photo-guidelines/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

If it is for a passport you would be nuts to do it in a booth, they are returning a massive percentage of photos (I've heard) and the chemists are well used to getting them right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

If it is for a passport you would be nuts to do it in a booth, they are returning a massive percentage of photos (I've heard) and the chemists are well used to getting them right.

Yes. It was for my wife. She ended up getting both a chemist and booth to see which was better. The booth ones weren't great at all, dark and washed out, whereas the chemist ones were so much better. Definitely not worth risking a booth that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭22catch

This was very helpful. I got passport photos in both O'Sullivans chemist and the booth in Tesco. The ones from the chemist were of a higher quality, I'm not sure the ones from the booth would have passed the standard required for a passport, but that was probably partly my fault. Fricking photos, I hate them, can't understand why people would want to post selfies. I can also see why some people choose to go to a professional photographer to get the passport photos done.

Advertisement