Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC for €500

Options
  • 10-01-2016 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Trying to help a friend get a budget pc, neither of us are very good with pc lingo.I'll be buying off hardwareversand.

1. What is your budget? €500

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?
    Basic gaming/internet,nothing too over the top. Football manager and maybe CoD etc.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?
    Possibly, might have one off a friend.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?
    Probably not,starting from scratch.

5. Do you need a monitor?
    No.

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?
    Not too sure what he has at the moment,will update later.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?
    No.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking?
    Doubt he'll need or want to for the games he'll be playing.

8. How can you pay?
    Bank transfer to hardwareversand.

9. When are you purchasing?
    Asap.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based?
    Just gonna pay the extra 20 quid and let them build it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

i wouldn't recommend buying from hardwareversand and i definitely would not do it by bank transfer, in the summer when they went insolvent they did not complete any orders that were outstanding, because of this people using paypal or credit cards were able to get their money back but people using bank transfer had nothing to fall back onto so they lost their money and received none of their parts.

If this is a big order i just would not risk it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Also don't expect a prebuilt PC to do very well in the shipping process given at best they'll chuck it back in the case box.

My rather crap go, someone will do better :)

374394.jpg

I was doing something else and had most of the basket so you'd probably shave off a few €€€ by going with a mATX case and Motherboard plus get something a bit better than PC mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

You could also squeeze in a 120GB Samsung 850 SSD for €62 for the main HD.

I tried to make a build with a new 6th generation processor, but went over budget.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Can definitely afford to get a cheaper board in both cases, also get a GTX750Ti over the 360, it's better overall and has more reliable minimum framerates in particular. Or stretch to a GTX950.

Advertisement