Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fluorescent light turns itself off

Options
  • 10-01-2016 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I have a fluorescent light that turns off by itself. It takes between 5 seconds and 5 minutes usually. Sometimes it works fine and stays on. The light has no problem starting, it just turns off by itself. Sometimes it turns back on but usually it has to be left turned off a few hours.

Its a two tube 5ft bulb, the bulbs are approx. 55w each I think. Its a newer type sealed unit with the clips along the side.

Any idea what this could be/how to fix it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

If it's the newer type it could be that one of the tubes is on the way out causing the unit to power off or just simply a fault with the electronic ballast itself.

The part of where it takes a few hours to reset would kinda indicate that maybe there is a dry joint perhaps on the circuit board,as it heats up the circuit is broken it cools down and the circuit is made again light works again.

As i can't look at the fitting that's just a pure guess I could be completely wrong though.

Hope it helps

Advertisement