Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo processing build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

It's always handy to have a GPU for a image processing takes a lot of strain away from the CPU or maybe it could be considered work.

I think it's a fine set up small 2 GB ddr5 GPU would be a great addition.

I don't think 16gbs is over kill, as as cameras pixels sizes are getting that big that in some cases the extra umph is ideal. And some what allows for camera upgrade in terms of camera pixel size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Cheers Gehad, yeah that was my thinking with the ram, especially as he's planning on upgrading his camera to a semi-professional or professional model this year. Seriously large raw images to process.

I had read somewhere that light room especially will take advantage of a GPU so had considered getting a decent cheapish card. Don't want to get him more graphics power than he will ever use though. Also it's a bit of a bewildering array out there!

Any recommendations?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

GTX750 is a low powered card, about €100 that would be grand for him

GTX750 is a low powered card, about €100 that would be grand for him

Cheers DS, I'll check it out when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

You haven't listed a display so I assume you're sorted on that front but if not you'll need a colour-accurate panel to compliment such a machine.

• Advertisement

Hi Robert, correct. He invested in a pretty decent monitor a while back purely for photo processing so all good there.

Cheers

Advertisement