Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Masters 2016 - Aka Raheny Mudfest

Options
  • 10-01-2016 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Kicking off a thread after today's great event in Raheny. I'm hoping people from the various clubs will post photo and video links

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

emerald007 wrote: »
    Kicking off a thread after today's great event in Raheny. I'm hoping people from the various clubs will post photo and video links

Women and Men Photo Links got From Dublin Athletics Facebook.

Muddy out there, but the woodland bits broke it up just enough. Think its probably a better course for the slight change from previous years, even though that part was all quagmire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

emerald007 wrote: »

Heard it was a total mud bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Sandwell

It was 50% mudbath and 50% good going through the trees. A pretty nice course overall I thought. I found it very tough but glad to get a good race in. First year as a master; I'm officially old.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

cool - i scored 4 times in the race and am also running for another club! The mud must have affected the results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I was towards the back of the field which meant even more mud to plough through. Really enjoyed it (in retrospect).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Didn't get out to watch this, talk about great packing from the Donore ladies for 14,15,16 :D And great for Jim Mc to see his girls take another medal, the girls are having a smashing XC season both at senior and masters level.
    https://www.facebook.com/cliodhna.carthy/posts/10153710663678046

12509190_10207220447603193_1626793428267912380_n.jpg?oh=ff49047d2249c331403714dfba1ee61a&oe=5706DDD3&__gda__=1464169746_3c76c7dc358cacafc79ca7e6ac4f05c7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Some photos / videos / links up on our Fit for Life page.

Well run, everyone!

https://www.facebook.com/Raheny-Shamrock-AC-Fit-For-Life-237416532964771/

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dubal

Can't say I enjoyed it, was really really tough.

Great event though.

Dubal

And following on from the Dublin Masters, has anyone run the National Masters in Dundalk before? what's the course like and (important question!!) are there toilets at the start / near the start? (I ask because there weren't any close by in St Anne's which was fine for me as it was just a mile from my house, but after a drive to Dundalk, I'd probably like a bathroom before a race!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Only out watching this but it was a real XC race, looked like great fun out there, Standard in this is always really good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭RuMan

HelenAnne wrote: »
    And following on from the Dublin Masters, has anyone run the National Masters in Dundalk before? what's the course like and (important question!!) are there toilets at the start / near the start? (I ask because there weren't any close by in St Anne's which was fine for me as it was just a mile from my house, but after a drive to Dundalk, I'd probably like a bathroom before a race!)

Did the intercounties in DKIT last year. Yes there's toilets. Course is ok, up and down, no big hills really, was pretty muddy in parts then. With all the rain recently everywhere's muddy i'd say !

RuMan wrote: »
    Did the intercounties in DKIT last year. Yes there's toilets. Course is ok, up and down, no big hills really, was pretty muddy in parts then. With all the rain recently everywhere's muddy i'd say !

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dubal

RuMan wrote: »

Some of the hills could be dangerous with all that rain, were a bit scary last year.

Dubal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Entirely in retrospect, of course. In actuality it was hellish, but the sort of rite of passage that everyone should experience. As one of our lot opined, the usual club running order was turned on its head. that's the beauty of xc.

Thank God I don't have to do any more until next winter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

davedanon wrote: »
    Thoroughly enjoyed this. Entirely in retrospect, of course. In actuality it was hellish, but the sort of rite of passage that everyone should experience. As one of our lot opined, the usual club running order was turned on its head. that's the beauty of xc.

Thank God I don't have to do any more until next winter.

National intermediate in a couple of weeks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

National intermediate in a couple of weeks :)

Nope. I'm going to be as close as I ever will to being a track fairy for the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ceekay

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

It felt much faster than it looks. :)

Advertisement