Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain, Rain.

Options
  • 10-01-2016 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

Where did that come from. ( ok I know the sky )

Woke up this morning to a flooded lane, in both directions, garden awash, bio-cycle shorted out, I noticed it was a bit wet as I put out the bins, but no idea it was that torrential.

Ok we are far less impacted than our cousins in the west and Midlands, but it was some rain last night.

How did you all get on ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Not too bad where i am in Swords, but I'm sick of the dampness and mud everywhere. The backroads like the ones around Forest Little golf club are very wet and if it freezes it'll be a nightmare.
    I reckon that at this rate it will be April before the soil dries out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The roof on our extension sprang a leak. Nothing major, but will mean a bit of work for me next weekend. I just hope we don't get the same volumes, from the same direction over the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Balheary Road after Swords Business Park was impassable yesterday evening. Most cars were turning around but a few chanced it.

Saw this last night when I attempted to go running at the back of Balheary Park but that is flooded also. :(

Advertisement