Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Puppy identification at adoption day

• 10-01-2016 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭

I volunteer with my local rescue and we held a puppy adoption day yesterday. One problem we had was knowing which pup people were interested in when filling out applications.
    All pups were named and microchipped so could be identified by scanning but it slowed down things. Its hard to remember who is who when a litter all looks alike!
    Ive seen the coloured whelping collars but with thirty pups you run out of colours quickly!
    Any ideas are appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Numbers on the collars?
    Theres an Infinite amount of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

You could buy a bunch of these off the likes of eBay for cheap and attach them to the collars.

http://img.alibaba.com/img/pb/196/872/544/544872196_322.jpg

Perhaps blue for boys and pink for girls, with a number written in the middle. :)

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My girl's litter had wool tied around their necks - she was the grey puppy lol. Cheap enough and you could twist colours around each other to combine and make up the 30 colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lizard_Moon

http://www.dugganvet.ie/productsvet/?tcp_product=animal-i-d-bands-x500

We have these for inpatients. Adhesive on one end. Could write number on with a Sharpie. Although puppies could make it tough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Buy a lot of tags and engrave numbers on them. So litter one is 1 to 5 litter two is 6 - 11) and so on.
    It will also help to identy which dogs are littermates. Buy metal tags as they wont get chewed and you can re use them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It's not fair :( I want to pick a puppy!

Advertisement