Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC securewatch mains fault

Options
  • 10-01-2016 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys,
    I had a battery fault, I changed the battery but now I have a mains fault. If I disconnect the battery the control panel goes dead. The four fuses appear to be intact. I read elsewhere that it might be the transformer that might be the problem. My question , is it the small black and brass box in the top corner of the box? and if I go into a wholesalers and ask for a transformer for a HKC secure watch is that what I'll get? I'm a noob so no pics.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

Check the mcb at the fuse board and check the fuse on the mains spur in the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 4 underdunne

Thanks Mickjohnlong,
    The fuse on the spur seems to be gone, 250mAL 250V.
    Wouldn't have thought to look there for a fuse buried as it is in that plastic block.

No joy, fuse changed but still a mains fault and the green light on the control panel is stillflashing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

underdunne wrote: »
    Thanks Mickjohnlong,
    The fuse on the spur seems to be gone, 250mAL 250V.
    Wouldn't have thought to look there for a fuse buried as it is in that plastic block.

No joy, fuse changed but still a mains fault and the green light on the control panel is stillflashing

Did your replacement fuse blow?
    Would you consider getting a professional to have a look at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 underdunne

Not sure if the replacement fuse blew, multimeter packed in to top things off, but I'd have to assume it blew.
    I'd do more than consider a pro but I'd like to be able to pay him :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you another fuse to try.
    If it keeps blowing fuses it's possibly a fault with the power supply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement