Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topaz accepting perfectcard?

Options
  • 10-01-2016 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Have a blanchardstown gift card that has MasterCard on it. Just wondering do you think topaz would accept it as payment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'm not sure that's the case, I got a Dundrum gift voucher in an e-mail with a code and when I went to the reception desk in Dundrum SC and gave them a printout of the e-mail, I was handed a plastic card with a Mastercard logo but I'm fairly sure it wasn't usable anywhere except in Dundrum so I'd expect that Blanch are using a similar system.

I think it's unrealistic that someone gives you a gift voucher for a certain shopping centre and then you can go and use it to buy petrol in Topaz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Some places will only accept Chip & Pin cards..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

From the Blanch website ...

Our gift cards are available in any amount from €10 to €1,000 and are redeemable in over 180 outlets throughout the Centre and Retail Parks.

Our Gift Card is a pre-loaded debit card and works off the MasterCard platform.

Blanchardstown Centre Gift Cards are welcome in all shops/units in the Centre that accept credit and debit cards.

http://www.blanchardstowncentre.ie/shopping/gift-ideasgift-card

I interpret the above to mean the card can't be used anywhere else, not a difficult thing for Mastercard to enforce. Can't see the logic in them having a gift card with a Blanchardstown logo if you could take it and use it anywhere, ditto Dundrum SC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

coylemj wrote: »

I interpret the above to mean the card can't be used anywhere else, not a difficult thing for Mastercard to enforce. Can't see the logic in them having a gift card with a Blanchardstown logo if you could take it and use it anywhere, ditto Dundrum SC.

Not difficult to enforce if its a small group of retailers or agorup that specifically sign up to the card and the Merchant numbers were updated frequently to reflect changes in the retail offering of the centres involved.

However with a place the size of Blanchardstown, its just too much hassle, so it will be accepted everywhere mastercard is accepted once the store is happy to accept non chip & pin cards.

Cards like Me2You and One4all work on same system, but are tied to specific retailers and therefore the mastercard/visa logo is not on those cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭MarieOC

coylemj wrote: »
    I'm not sure that's the case, I got a Dundrum gift voucher in an e-mail with a code and when I went to the reception desk in Dundrum SC and gave them a printout of the e-mail, I was handed a plastic card with a Mastercard logo but I'm fairly sure it wasn't usable anywhere except in Dundrum so I'd expect that Blanch are using a similar system.

I think it's unrealistic that someone gives you a gift voucher for a certain shopping centre and then you can go and use it to buy petrol in Topaz.

Now it's a few years ago since I had one but I've used to use Dundrum gift cards outside the shopping centre, online and even up North.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

try it in Topaz but be sure to have an alternative payment method with you in case they can't accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭razzler

Dunnes Stores in Blanch accept Dundrum gift cards, so long as it's prepaid credit card. So most likely other shops do too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭homer911

razzler wrote: »
    Dunnes Stores in Blanch accept Dundrum gift cards, so long as it's prepaid credit card. So most likely other shops do too.

Perfectcard is the merchant behind both Dundrum and Blanch cards. If memory serves, they are processed by a building society in the UK

Advertisement