Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual Leave Entitlement

Options
  • 10-01-2016 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can offer some advice re annual leave entitlement!

If someone works 20 hours a week part-time, (4 x 3 hour days and 1 8 hour day) would I be right to work out annual leave as follows;

20x52= 1040 hours
    1040 x 8%= 83.2 hours holiday entitlement or max 20 days?

I was told by HR that I'm entitlement to 12 days per year worked out as follows;

4 half days and 1 full day per week = 3 days
    3 days x 4 holiday weeks = 12 days

Does this make sense??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chocice94

Hello fellow AppleCare college program employee ;)

Yes that information is correct

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Had this 'discussion' with my HR lately as I work a shorter week than everyone else. They were deducting my holidays too but we finally came to agreement.

They are allocating you 12 days but going on my experience that's 12 full days. You would only need 3 days to take a full week off so still get the same amount of holidays but how they're expressing it just looks strange. So it's not 12 half days of holidays etc, it's 12 full 8 hour days to take off. So if you want to take a day off where you'd normally work 3 hours you only use a half day of the 12 days and would be left with 11.5, not 11.

Advertisement