Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whelanslive

Options
  • 10-01-2016 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi.

Does anyone know anything about whelans in terms of accessibility? I am going there this day next week and I have never been there. I don't know what to expect. Anyone have any advice?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Whelan's Bar and Lounge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

I went there years ago to see The Levellers. I remember walking in and thinking, its awful dark here.......but it was one of the best times I ever had. The gig was brilliant and everyone was in good form. Thats a long time ago though. I don't know what its like now, but my experience was good at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Hi.

Does anyone know anything about whelans in terms of accessibility? I am going there this day next week and I have never been there. I don't know what to expect. Anyone have any advice?
    I got a taxi there.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

OP I've moved this to the Dublin City forum, more suitable than AH

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Bring money for beer. And a coat. Going to be a cold week!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭owen85

This is what your'e looking for Sean http://leglessindublin.blogspot.ie/2013/08/whelans.html

Youd want to check where the live music will be playing. If its up stairs you'll have to bring your climbing gear with you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I think access will be limited to the area around the bar in the venue section as there are steps down to the main section. There is a nice section at the end of the bar nearest the stage that has a good view of the stage.
    Alternatively you should be able to access the main part of the venue through the regular bar but will need a staff member to open the door into the venue there, don't think there are any steps in that section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

If it's the main venue then you could access the venue area from the bar on Wexford St.. The ticket office is on the side laneway but when you enter the venue there are steps down to the venue. The upstairs venue is accessed by narrow staircases.

Advertisement