Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2fm this evening

• 11-01-2016 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

non-stop music being played since at least 6pm, no presenter or news, no ads, no promos, no jingles or liners?

is it gearing listeners to the new branding?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

JJ Hartigan (from the Willl Leahy show) said that tomorrow was a big day for 2FM.

Surprised it's been kept so quiet.

Edit, also:

https://twitter.com/RTE2fm/status/686324268888637440

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Not MAD on the logo (it might grow on me) but the imaging bits on the video posted on facebook sound great. MASSIVE improvement. Music sounds great recently too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Mr Sea Wolf

Very OTT taking 12 hours of regularly scheduled programs off air all because of some new imaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

Very OTT taking 12 hours of regularly scheduled programs off air all because of some new imaging.

Much ado about nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

So nothing has changed....just the logo. Same shows & presenters then

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

robo wrote: »
    So nothing has changed....just the logo. Same shows & presenters then

But they've got a new hat.

2nav80w.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭badgersbelief

Bit of an anticlimax really. The black and orange graphics look decent but the logo is the exact same just with a funky looking 2. Everything else is just the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

So, who's going to send in a Freedom of Information request for information on who's behind the new branding, and most of all, how much it cost?

Because they were making such a big deal about it, I expected other changes like moving the on the hour news to half past the hour like BBC R1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The "2" looks very similar to some of the Network 2 branding from the early 1990s, so I hope it was a case of dusting off the old graphics discs rather than paying someone for it... (although we know it's the latter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

L1011 wrote: »
    The "2" looks very similar to some of the Network 2 branding from the early 1990s, so I hope it was a case of dusting off the old graphics discs rather than paying someone for it... (although we know it's the latter)

Very true and a quick google will confirm the similarity. 2.5 years now since Dan Healy took over at 2fm and it's only now they're attempting a semblance of a rebrand. Surely having finally made schedule changes Monday - Friday they might have rebranded at the same time? Surely they should have jettisoned Fanning, Gogan, Hayes? Not to have done so just perpetuates the consensus that 2fm is still in search of an identity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

L1011 wrote: »
    That's why I think a Freedom of Information request would be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Looks like the listings are done in the order of importancy as in Larry Gogan and anyone else on the bottom two rows are the first to drop off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

heybaby wrote: »
    Very true and a quick google will confirm the similarity. 2.5 years now since Dan Healy took over at 2fm and it's only now they're attempting a semblance of a rebrand. Surely having finally made schedule changes Monday - Friday they might have rebranded at the same time? Surely they should have jettisoned Fanning, Gogan, Hayes? Not to have done so just perpetuates the consensus that 2fm is still in search of an identity.

Totally agree - a wasted opportunity

Well for me, the following are completely out of place on the latest RTÉ 2fm incarnation

Larry Gogan should be on RTÉ Gold full time/RTÉ Radio 1
    Dave Fanning should be on RTÉ 2XM the home for emerging new & alternative music which is what Fanning has always been best at exposing!
    Colm Hayes should be on RTÉ Gold full time
    Rick O'Shea should be on RTÉ Radio 1
    Will Leahy should be a Producer behind the scenes?

I find the new 2fm imaging pretty bland and the new slogan the sound of the nation is a bit Radio Caroline, still the station has improved an awful lot imo.

Totally agree - a wasted opportunity

Well for me, the following are completely out of place on the latest RTÉ 2fm incarnation

Larry Gogan should be on RTÉ Gold full time/RTÉ Radio 1
    Dave Fanning should be on RTÉ 2XM the home for emerging new & alternative music which is what Fanning has always been best at exposing!
    Colm Hayes should be on RTÉ Gold full time
    Rick O'Shea should be on RTÉ Radio 1
    Will Leahy should be a Producer behind the scenes?
    Presenters don't get paid for RTE Gold alone as it doesn't have an income. As for Will Leahy, he can't be a producer behind the scenes as he works in limerick city as a solicitor weekdays.

Advertisement