Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dormer bungalow, cost of upstairs build

Options
  • 11-01-2016 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi Just wondering if anyone has any feedback or info. I received planning for a dormer bungalow. Downstairs is 240 sq m and upstairs is 70 sq m. I'm just wondering in terms of cost of build, what's the difference in price of doing the upstairs rooms. I have been told €1000 per square m for downstairs and 60% of that for upstairs area because the roof etc will be there anyway so doesn't cost as much. Is that accurate? I know prices depend on specs but roughly. I'm thinking of just doing downstairs and leaving upstairs, not sure yet.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi Just wondering if anyone has any feedback or info. I received planning for a dormer bungalow. Downstairs is 240 sq m and upstairs is 70 sq m. I'm just wondering in terms of cost of build, what's the difference in price of doing the upstairs rooms. I have been told €1000 per square m for downstairs and 60% of that for upstairs area because the roof etc will be there anyway so doesn't cost as much. Is that accurate? I know prices depend on specs but roughly. I'm thinking of just doing downstairs and leaving upstairs, not sure yet.

Where are you located?
    Depending on location, €1000 sounds cheap.

Also you need to think of part L compliance and how you create your insulation envelope now, so that you don't destroy it in the future creating the upstairs space.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thats a big gaff :)
    Too cheap in my view:
    have a look here https://www.scsi.ie/advice/house_rebuilding_calculator

As KC says, do the entire envelope for A/T, insulation, ensuite plumbing and extraction etc etc now.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 hellsbells83

I'm in Laois don't know if that makes a difference to the cost. Will probably do envelope for part L so that entire house can be used. But we don't need to do the upstairs, might never I suppose it's essentially a bungalow with an option of upstairs.

Advertisement