Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VM Horizon router settings

Options
  • 11-01-2016 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Ok I've been trawling through the search here to try find what i'm looking for and between the ****ty searches, lack of info, and my own stupidity, i guess, I just cant find what i'm looking for.

Ok basically my setup as of 2 days ago is horizon router connected to my Rt-AC68U. I have internet and wireless working just fine directly from the Asus router.

My problems are with plex media server. Its working just fine over the network but I cant get it working outside of my home network. I'm assuming this is a port forwarding issue? Basically I have the required ports forwarded on the ASUS router and then I have the port forwarded on the horizon box with the IP linked to the ASUS router. This was how I set it up previously when I was on the TC router and it worked fine.

Its also very possible that I dont have the horizon router setup optimally. I have turned of DHCP and turned on uPnP and Multicast. I have set my ASUS router as the DMZ host also.

On the other side of things I have read that the horizon router is just a pile of dirt.....!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

Fixed Issue! thread can be deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Maybe post your solution...might help someone else in future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

Sorry I literally didnt do anything.... It just started working. I guess a router reset might help the process along. But I literally left it overnight and came back to check it and it was working.

Advertisement