Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi refund?

Options
  • 11-01-2016 2:03am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

I bought an item in Aldi at the end of November (a DashCam) for €40.00, I have tried it out a few times but I am really unhappy with both its video footage quality and short battery life of less than 1 hour and I'd like to return it. Will I get a refund? I still have my receipt so no issues there. Its not broken or faulty, all that is wrong is that it is just a cheap piece of junk really and I'd rather get my money back and spend a little extra to get a decent spec product somewhere else.

I remember returning a PowerWasher which went faulty around 2008 with no hassle and they refunded me but I don't know what are Aldi like for returns now? I'd also maybe settle for a credit note as I do my grocery shopping there from time to time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I would tell them the battery is faulty and only holding charge for 1 hour.
    if they say that's normal then tell them its unfit for purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Dashcams aren't usually designed to run on internal battery for extended periods, they're usually meant to run off the vehicle's battery, so an hour on the internal battery seems exceptionally good unless that specific model stated it had a longer runtime.

However many of Aldi's Specialbuys are covered by their 60 return policy so if you hurry you might have a chance.
    The link below was served from the .ie site
    https://customerservice.aldi.co.uk/warranties/

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

When you have the receipt & its within the 60 days Id say wont have any problem returning it.

Advertisement