Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Is there not a cafe there already?

Ballyseedy are taking it over.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

It's put out to lease, the person who had it originally also opened a restaurant in town a few years and that sunk him... don't know who's had it these last few years, but perhaps they aren't renewing their option

The guy who was running it until recently left a couple of months ago. I remember seeing the notice on the wetlands Facebook page.

Great to see the empty shop units in Castle Street have their windows decorated for Christmas. I read that Billy Nolan and Focus did it. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Brock Stevens

There is. Ballyseedy are taking over the running of it.

I saw the new permanent taxi rank spaces being painted into place today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I think the bylaws are coming in on December 12th for the ranks

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I think the bylaws are coming in on December 12th for the ranks

I hope they are enforced and the taxis are not allowed stop where they like, especially in Denny Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

I think the mall is going to be abused big time..had a good look yesterday and the amount of cars pulling in off the road to park for a "moment" as they nip into a shop will be huge..can see it happening during the day if there are no physical barriers in place...and all night by taxis etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

.....The new CEO not in the job for long and seems he is already getting delusions of grandeur.....

What a ridiculous unfounded statement. The name change has been in the planning for almost a year and a full 10 months before the new CEO took up the job.

The suggested name might be rubbish, but that was picked by a sub-commitee from a shortlist of suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I think the mall is going to be abused big time..had a good look yesterday and the amount of cars pulling in off the road to park for a "moment" as they nip into a shop will be huge..can see it happening during the day if there are no physical barriers in place...and all night by taxis etc...

I hope that the parking abuse isn't allowed to continue. Coming up to Christmas tolerance might be expected for the short term, but thereafter I hope the Guards and Traffic Wardens issue tickets for it.

• Advertisement

I’ve noticed recently that the Jucie bar in Manor seems to have stopped doing the actual fresh juices for ages now. They have a sign over the menu saying either out of order or not available (I can’t remember exactly). It’s been like that for at least a year now, if not longer. I’m sure I wanted a juice one day when I was up there while I was pregnant and my baby is 18 months now! If they’re not doing them anymore then take the menu down.
    They also increased their prices! The place just seems a bit run down. They don’t seem to have done much with it in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I’ve noticed recently that the Jucie bar in Manor seems to have stopped doing the actual fresh juices for ages now. They have a sign over the menu saying either out of order or not available (I can’t remember exactly). It’s been like that for at least a year now, if not longer. I’m sure I wanted a juice one day when I was up there while I was pregnant and my baby is 18 months now! If they’re not doing them anymore then take the menu down.
    They also increased their prices! The place just seems a bit run down. They don’t seem to have done much with it in a long time.

Didn't the new owners jack up the rent two-fold when they took over Manor West? I think that's why the cupcake stand and the big advertisment board/seating area left the center. You would think that he would invest more time into it since he wasnt elected into the government last election.

Didn't the new owners jack up the rent two-fold when they took over Manor West? I think that's why the cupcake stand and the big advertisment board/seating area left the center. You would think that he would invest more time into it since he wasnt elected into the government last election.

He was working there himself one day I was up last week! Which is fine, fair play to him, but yeah, invest a bit more into it. It looks run down now and you can't keep an out of order sign up for over a year! Either do the juices or don't do them anymore. He should have expanded his range by now, do different things. Just looks like he can't be bothered anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

a juice bar that doesn't sell juice!! Only in Kerry!!!

I see from Radio Kerry website that the toilets at Tralee train station will be closed apart from a short period before each departing train as they were being used for drug taking and other antisocial behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

ongarboy wrote: »
    I see from Radio Kerry website that the toilets at Tralee train station will be closed apart from a short period before each departing train as they were being used for drug taking and other antisocial behaviour.

That sign has been up in the station for about a year. I don't know why Radio Kerry recently reported on it like it is something new.

Adiboo wrote: »
    That sign has been up in the station for about a year. I don't know why Radio Kerry recently reported on it like it is something new.

One of the reporters got caught short recently :D

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Adiboo wrote: »

Considering how the Radio Kerry news website regularly reports stuff after it's appeared in the Kerryman and Kerry's Eye, this doesn't really surprise me.

Details of the new taxi ranks. The new by-laws come into effect from tomorrow, Tuesday 12th December.
    24993215_1491274517652625_7665952368589476417_n.jpg?oh=4bcc853e5884c7b56e526ede3ad333ed&oe=5A91F620

Sooooo, there will only be 4 taxi spaces on The Mall on a Saturday night....the taxi drivers will definitely stick to that and not abuse the system.......

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Sooooo, there will only be 4 taxi spaces on The Mall on a Saturday night....the taxi drivers will definitely stick to that and not abuse the system.......

I came up Denny Street this morning and there were 4 Taxis illegally parked in the Cycle lane and 1 outside Paddy Macs...

• Advertisement

I came up Denny Street this morning and there were 4 Taxis illegally parked in the Cycle lane and 1 outside Paddy Macs...

Any time someone sees a traffic warden walking past and not sticking up a ticket they should ask them why haven't they done it

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

ongarboy wrote: »
    the toilets at Tralee train station will be closed apart from a short period before each departing train as they were being used for drug taking and other antisocial behaviour.

Why is it that the response to "anti-social behaviour" is usually to close the facility. That's not a solution.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

JonathonS wrote: »
    Why is it that the response to "anti-social behaviour" is usually to close the facility. That's not a solution.

In fairness, the only times they need to be open are when folk are waiting for departing trains. There are toilets in the bus station too.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

For the sake of four spaces is it really worth not pedestrianising the whole of the Mall. Just a backward step to appease some people.

Drove up/down Denny Street this afternoon. Not a taxi in sight. There was one taxi parked up outside paddy macs pub alright. But there behind it was a traffic warden writing in what I assume is their ticket book.

Drove up/down Denny Street this afternoon. Not a taxi in sight. There was one taxi parked up outside paddy macs pub alright. But there behind it was a traffic warden writing in what I assume is their ticket book.

Found the same when I was driving down Denny Street earlier , hope they keep the enforcement up

What am I doing!!?

You signed up to shill your Facebook page ..big no-no here I'm afraid.... delete posts or a site ban will follow is my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KerryBitcoin

No....and what you're doing here will get you banned

Hey there just joined this, I thought it was a free open space to chat about anything you wanted. Must I only talk about certain topics in designated areas? Also whats the whole 'being banned' thing..? Does each thread have an administrator or is it that other people complain to boards.ie and they delete your account?

Hey there just joined this, I thought it was a free open space to chat about anything you wanted. Must I only talk about certain topics in designated areas? Also whats the whole 'being banned' thing..? Does each thread have an administrator or is it that other people complain to boards.ie and they delete your account?

Read the terms and conditions is all I'll say.... FYI...free speech doesn't apply here at all, best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 KerryBitcoin

You signed up to shill your Facebook page ..big no-no here I'm afraid.... delete posts or a site ban will follow is my guess

Shill?

So don't mention other social media is it? and if people don't like what you say you'll be censored or banned!?

Advertisement