Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Shill?

So don't mention other social media is it? and if people don't like what you say you'll be censored or banned!?

You can’t post about your page as it is seen as a form of advertising. It also hasn’t anything to do with Tralee or Kerry & have been deleted. There are board moderators and yes if you go against board rules, you can be banned.
    Please familiarise yourself with the boards.ie charter/rules. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055167649

Mod

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Traffic returns to the Mall from tomorrow evening!
    https://www.facebook.com/traleetoday/posts/1972005949740203

I drove down Castle street to Denny street this evening and I almost forgot that the traffic lights are now on! People will need to be careful now and not drive on through! We got so used to them not being on!

I noticed a few weeks ago that as you drive over the ramps on Denny Street, there are loads of scrapes on the road! If you are passing take a look! Some cars are taking the ramps too fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I drove down Castle street to Denny street this evening and I almost forgot that the traffic lights are now on! People will need to be careful now and not drive on through! We got so used to them not being on!

I noticed a few weeks ago that as you drive over the ramps on Denny Street, there are loads of scrapes on the road! If you are passing take a look! Some cars are taking the ramps too fast!
    Those ramps are too high tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Boy racers are having an awful time with them :D I saw one guy with lowered suspension and an exhaust loud enough to make your ears bleed having to crawl over one at about 1mph and a crowd gathered to watch. It was comical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Boy racers are having an awful time with them :D I saw one guy with lowered suspension and an exhaust loud enough to make your ears bleed having to crawl over one at about 1mph and a crowd gathered to watch. It was comical.

It would be a pure nightmare with a lowered car but even in a regular run of the mill hatchback they are quiet jarring

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Those ramps are too high tbh.

I agree, they are too high. No need for them in the centre of town. Its actually a bit dangerous!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

One fella that must be delighted thats it finished is the lad that had the job driving the little dumper around the town,my god there must have been some cold days up on that

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Was in Lidl in Edward Street earlier and there was a few cars clamped, cant say I have ever seen a car clamped in Tralee before!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Was in Lidl in Edward Street earlier and there was a few cars clamped, cant say I have ever seen a car clamped in Tralee before!

Delighted to hear it. Folk who want to park in town all day need to be corralled into the multi-stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

I was in Lidl in Edward St today and had to wait to get a space, the shop wasn't even that busy then it dawned on me they must just all have parked there and fecked off down town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Nobody wants to park in the multi story parks..just pushes them into the residential areas like Kevin Barry's and Hawley Park

Nobody wants to park in the multi story parks..just pushes them into the residential areas like Kevin Barry's and Hawley Park

Well they need to be beaten with a stick until they get the message. The more ticketed and clamped cars, the better. And any estate that's been abused by non-residents should have permit parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Why do people not like multi storey car parks? Is it safety concerns when they're dark or quiet? I've no problem with them.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Why do people not like multi storey car parks? Is it safety concerns when they're dark or quiet? I've no problem with them.

You have to pay...it's obvious enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

So I accidentally bought tickets to see Star Wars tomorrow night (Thursday the 21st) for the 17:20 showing at Tralee Omniplex. Turns out I was supposed to get tickets for the Tuesday showing, so I did and I went.

Anyone want tickets to the thursday showing at 17:20? Free of charge of course. Nobody I know wants them or is already going.

Are they having that "home for Christmas" night in Benners this year?

Are they having that "home for Christmas" night in Benners this year?

On the 23rd I believe

chupacabra wrote: »
    So I accidentally bought tickets to see Star Wars tomorrow night (Thursday the 21st) for the 17:20 showing at Tralee Omniplex. Turns out I was supposed to get tickets for the Tuesday showing, so I did and I went.

Anyone want tickets to the thursday showing at 17:20? Free of charge of course. Nobody I know wants them or is already going.

That’s very kind of you. I’d love to if I wasn’t working!

Did you enjoy it?

That’s very kind of you. I’d love to if I wasn’t working!

Did you enjoy it?

I did. Good fun movie. I just got someone to take the tickets so it's all good.

• Advertisement

chupacabra wrote: »
    I did. Good fun movie. I just got someone to take the tickets so it's all good.

You're home for a few weeks?

You're home for a few weeks?

Yeah home for christmas.

Was anyone here affected by the Vodafone Siro broadband outage? We lost it from 9.30pm last night until about 2pm today! No way of contacting them until this morning. It was work that we were more worried about due to card machine running off WiFi! Very annoying!

Was anyone here affected by the Vodafone Siro broadband outage? We lost it from 9.30pm last night until about 2pm today! No way of contacting them until this morning. It was work that we were more worried about due to card machine running off WiFi! Very annoying!

I'm off on hols until next year... but yes...we were without it too until approx 2pm...of all the times of the year to go down!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Got a text from Vodafone @ 10.30 this morning informing me that it was down, some 13 hours after I lost tv, internet & landline.
    Then a text @ 4 informing me it was back and apologizing for any inconvenience

Got a text from Vodafone @ 10.30 this morning informing me that it was down, some 13 hours after I lost tv, internet & landline.
    Then a text @ 4 informing me it was back and apologizing for any inconvenience

We received no texts and we have two accounts with them! I had to keep check8ng with them on twitter for any updates! They claimed they only found out about the fault at 9am! Crazy that there’s no way of reporting faults after hours.

Still on Vodafone VDSL as it's perfectly adequate for our needs (and I want to hold on to a proper POTS landline), haven't bothered with Siro. Thankfully we were unaffected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Does anyone know of any gyms that are open on St Stephen's morning in Tralee you can pay as you go? Thanks

Looking for a Christmas Remembrance wreath,would the Christmas tree sellers next to Nolan's sell them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Looking for a Christmas Remembrance wreath,would the Christmas tree sellers next to Nolan's sell them?
    Probably, or i got them in horans Fruit and Veg in the past

Advertisement