Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Probably, or i got them in horans Fruit and Veg in the past

Every occasions florist in Boherbee does them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Probably, or i got them in horans Fruit and Veg in the past
    Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Every occasions florist in Boherbee does them.

Cheers folks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The town centre is looking great, especially the new mall! Beautiful Christmas lights & trees too. I’m sure anyone returning home for Christmas will be impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

The town centre is looking great, especially the new mall! Beautiful Christmas lights & trees too. I’m sure anyone returning home for Christmas will be impressed!

Agree totally, pedestrianising is the makings of it
    If something was done with the old Dunnes, and the shopping arcade could attract new tenants it would be another huge step forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Agree totally, pedestrianising is the makings of it
    If something was done with the old Dunnes, and the shopping arcade could attract new tenants it would be another huge step forward.

I remember when that arcade was buzzing with plenty shops, now it is so depressing, it had a beautiful café in middle, with the shops all round, is it that the rent is sky high that potential businesses are not taking up space anymore, if all were full, it would draw us in, but as it is it is dreary without all that buzz going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

goat2 wrote: »
    I remember when that arcade was buzzing with plenty shops, now it is so depressing, it had a beautiful café in middle, with the shops all round, is it that the rent is sky high that potential businesses are not taking up space anymore, if all were full, it would draw us in, but as it is it is dreary without all that buzz going on

Hard to know whats going on there, its hard to see how landlords would demand sky high rent when a lot of it is empty and as it stands, its basically just something you walk through rather than shop in.
    You would imagine there is an opening there for the likes of a Butchers, fruit and veg shop etc and even a newsagents there.

The empty units were sold by auction a couple of years ago and as far as I know the landlord has no immediate plans to rent them. I would say they are holding out to buy the lot & then doing whatever they want with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Looking for a Christmas Remembrance wreath,would the Christmas tree sellers next to Nolan's sell them?

I get them every year in Supervalu €9.

I have to agree that the Town is looking the best it ever has this Christmas and it was the Mall pedestrianisation that made the difference. Everyone I talk to agrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The crib in the square was vandalised last night,they should put an electric fence around it next year

http://traleetoday.ie/crib-vandalised-jesus-figure-stolen-square/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

What do they expect...it's not like it hasn't happened before ....like every feckin year!

What do they expect...it's not like it hasn't happened before ....like every feckin year!

Happened last year as well.

kn wrote: »
    Happened last year as well.

Happened more than once last year! I’m surprised it didn’t happen before now!

David Moriarty passed away today...that was the lad with the 10 bags of shopping on his bike lived out in the Kerries

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

Where in Tralee could I find victorinox knives? Only Landers?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

sudaltsov wrote: »
    Where in Tralee could I find victorinox knives? Only Landers?

Small Benners

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

First time seeing new pedestrian Mall today. It looks well. I couldn't believe that 2 taxis were on the yellow box outside Heatons plying for trade. I thought that was officially illegal now?

2 cars parked outside Bank of Ireland on double yellow lines too. Those steel bollards poles should be inserted right up to Moyderwell cross to prevent this.

Also, I tried Wild cafe. Very nice, gorgeous interior, good food but just a little pricey for what you got. €9 for a sandwich or €13.95 for a salad with chicken is too expensive for a cafe. The Americanos were top notch thoug and reasonably priced at €2.50

Fireworks are on at 7.20pm on New Years eve in Denny street. No countdown clock this year.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

ongarboy wrote: »
    First time seeing new pedestrian Mall today. It looks well. I couldn't believe that 2 taxis were on the yellow box outside Heatons plying for trade. I thought that was officially illegal now?

Given that the taxi drivers are a shower of pricks, that's par for the course.

Quackster wrote: »
    Given that the taxi drivers are a shower of pricks, that's par for the course.

Now that's not nice....... pricks will get awful offended being compared to taxi drivers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Can anyone tell me if the cobbler, down the lane beside walsh brothers shoes, is back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Can anyone tell me if the cobbler, down the lane beside walsh brothers shoes, is back yet?

He is recovering from an eye operation. He will be back, but when he can work again will depend on the recovery period. I wish him well he's a nice man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Thats what lm wondering, lv seen 2 notices since october when he was opening again. I dont wanna go to anyone but him! Lovely man alright!

Thankfully the rain stayed away for the fireworks tonight! Good crowd down for it and they were good fireworks too!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

HNY to all.

First forum post of 2018 - after 3 days?? There must be a lot of very sore heads in Tralee. Or maybe everyone is just hard at work?:)

JonathonS wrote: »
    HNY to all.

First forum post of 2018 - after 3 days?? There must be a lot of very sore heads in Tralee. Or maybe everyone is just hard at work?:)

Happy New year! The boards are very quiet of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Has Tom McEllistrim been selected by FF to run in Kerry in the next GE?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Has Tom McEllistrim been selected by FF to run in Kerry in the next GE?

Think he has put his name forward for selection at FF convention which hasnt taken place yet.Him and many others of course

Road works recommencing next week around fairies cross/Brewery road. Does anyone know what exactly they are doing? Will they even bother to resurface the now practically potholes on the road approaching the junction at fairies cross? It’s been like that and worsening for over a year. It’s ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

From KCC Twitter page.

To accommodate laying of new watermain in Lower Oakpark and Brewery Road in Tralee there will be traffic management in place which may result in delays from Mon 8th Jan to Fri 23rd Feb between 8am and 6.30pm. We appreciate your patience and co-operation @IWCare

Advertisement