Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

It’s a short movie according to Tralee Today.
    http://traleetoday.ie/short-film-shot-tralee-week/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I was walking through the Square Friday evening at about 6.30pm, and noticed that its really dark there. The lighting is really bad after dark. Apart from a few pavement lights, there's very few street lights. I think its probably a bit brighter when the shops are open, but once they all shut & turn off their lights it feels very dark and really needs to be a bit better lit. Has anyone else noticed this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

http://www.radiokerry.ie/plans-redevelop-prominent-tralee-town-centre-site/

Great proposal for the dilapidated former Bridge Inn/Minstrels bar next to Sean Ogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

ongarboy wrote: »
    http://www.radiokerry.ie/plans-redevelop-prominent-tralee-town-centre-site/

Great proposal for the dilapidated former Bridge Inn/Minstrels bar next to Sean Ogs!

Be great if this gets the green light,the buildings are beginning to look a bit shabby

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Yeah. Bringing the various buildings into one development is a good use of the site - the Guards could use it as a cells overflow!

• Advertisement

Anyone here with Vodafone Siro? It’s down for the second time in 3 days! I am so fed up of them now. We joined in November, after it taking them 2 months to sort out the installation and this is the 3rd outage since December! Really regretting moving to them, especially with work!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Anyone here with Vodafone Siro? It’s down for the second time in 3 days! I am so fed up of them now. We joined in November, after it taking them 2 months to sort out the installation and this is the 3rd outage since December! Really regretting moving to them, especially with work!

Friend of mine is and has the same issue. Utterly pissed off with it at this stage. I'm on Vodafone VDSL. Lost it briefly during the afternoon but it came back again after a few minutes. Luckily I still have an old-fashioned landline so even if the broadband is down, I can still make/receive calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Anything to be done about reviving this thread?
    I know boards traffic is down overall....but this thread used to be lively...now it's a post or 2 every fortnight or so.... quite a death really.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Firbolg

Anything to be done about reviving this thread?
    I know boards traffic is down overall....but this thread used to be lively...now it's a post or 2 every fortnight or so.... quite a death really.

Back again with yet another re-reg! :rolleyes:

Firbolg wrote: »
    Back again with yet another re-reg! :rolleyes:

Well, since 1/4 of your posts are about me, I should feel honoured....or get a restraining order... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Anything to be done about reviving this thread? I know boards traffic is down overall....but this thread used to be lively...now it's a post or 2 every fortnight or so.... quite a death really.

Why bother posting for the sale of posting. We don't want this turning into a Tralee Do You Know session.

Why bother posting for the sale of posting. We don't want this turning into a Tralee Do You Know session.

It doesn't have to be twee crap like Tralee do you know...in fact it never was.. there are probably more mods here than posters these days..it was just an observation was all

So I make it by that story that the 17.05 'direct' service from Heuston Friday night made it Tralee around 1.30am - feck me!!

http://www.radiokerry.ie/kerry-irish-rail-customers-get-refunds-delayed-almost-five-hours/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

kn wrote: »
    So I make it by that story that the 17.05 'direct' service from Heuston Friday night made it Tralee around 1.30am - feck me!!

http://www.radiokerry.ie/kerry-irish-rail-customers-get-refunds-delayed-almost-five-hours/
    Was scratching my head as to why the level crossing gates were down in Rathmore on Friday night after 12, then I see the train off heading west.

On the bright side, the next time you take the train it'll feel twice as fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

At the risk of being sounding cynical; this sort of stuff seems to happen whenever a threat of strike looms at Irish Rail. It may be a co-incidence, but when I was traveling to Dublin last November, when the last strike was threatened, the train which was running grand supposedly broke down in Charleville, and when all the passengers were turfed out into the rain, the train just took off and went its merry way. We waited for 2 hours for a replacement train. The 9.45 am train arrived in Dublin at 5.30 P.M.:confused:

Look out.. look out .. there's some thieving junkies in town today, have already had a run in and chucked 2 out today...any business owners be vigilant.

Look out.. look out .. there's some thieving junkies in town today, have already had a run in and chucked 2 out today...any business owners be vigilant.

Female by any chance? Just wondering as I have two in mind, both of which we have barred for theft and both of which I saw around town last week shouting & screaming.

Female by any chance? Just wondering as I have two in mind, both of which we have barred for theft and both of which I saw around town last week shouting & screaming.

No, fellas...new to me

No, fellas...new to me

Great! :mad:
    Hopefully they will be in a cell by now!

Great! :mad:
    Hopefully they will be in a cell by now!

He came back! Wanted my name as he said I assaulted him...twice after trying to rob a couple hundred euro of equipment....told him politely to leave or I'd call the Gardai...and assault him until they arrive

• Advertisement

He came back! Wanted my name as he said I assaulted him...twice after trying to rob a couple hundred euro of equipment....told him politely to leave or I'd call the Gardai...and assault him until they arrive

Ah they sure love to play the victim card!

Ah they sure love to play the victim card!

Don't lose my temper often... but if he comes back again I'll drag him to the Garda station myself

Don't lose my temper often... but if he comes back again I'll drag him to the Garda station myself

Had a guy in last week who we had to ask not to do something, but he proceeded to keep doing it & ignoring us. We asked him to leave so if course the threats & namecalling started. I really can’t understand how they expect to get anywhere with attitudes like that!

No, fellas...new to me

There's a bad crowd around Town these days. Are these being housed in the hostels? Tralee has become something of a dumping ground for various State services. Can't have them in Killarney bothering the American tourists!!!

There's a bad crowd around Town these days. Are these being housed in the hostels? Tralee has become something of a dumping ground for various State services. Can't have them in Killarney bothering the American tourists!!!

Yes, a lot of people seem to be placed in both Arlington lodge, and there's a b&b in town which is also taking in a few undesirables. We always commented that its the last stop on the train & they tend to end up here!:rolleyes:

Yes, a lot of people seem to be placed in both Arlington lodge, and there's a b&b in town which is also taking in a few undesirables. We always commented that its the last stop on the train & they tend to end up here!:rolleyes:

The B&B to which you refer is leased to the HSE...so it gets all their dross.
    And it seems ABC cleaning in Boherbee is now a "European students hostel".... with a lot of drunken travellers...wonder what college they are going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

Long shot here but is there anyway I can find out who lived in a house in Tralee in early/mid 70s? Are the electoral registers for that time available to look at anywhere, that's assuming of course the person was registered.

It's just my own curiosity and it irritates me that I can't remember the woman's name. To give the background, I used to visit a family friend, an elderly lady (or so she seemed to me at the time, probably only my own age now!) several mornings a week on my way to school. I was young teenager and she was living in one of the little houses along lower Rock St across from Walsh Electrical to the Brogue. I figure it was either the house that is now the beauty salon, or the barber next door.

She was a lovely lady and loved the visits and always gave me a cup of tea before school and a few bob to buy an ice cream in O'Regans on the way home. The school bus used to drop us early near Dominicans so I always had plenty of time to spare before school.

There is no one in the family who remembers her, my mother is long dead and I'm sure she would have known her name. The lady was not a Tralee native to the best of my knowledge and that's how my parents knew her as they had also moved here, she was gone from there by 80s, either moved away or died, I'm not sure which. I have actually looked through the burial records in Rath in case she was buried there but I'd be inclined to think she may have moved back to her original place before she died.

Anyone any ideas? It's not an important issue obviously, I'd just like to remember her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

if it were me I would start by asking in Kirby's first, depending on how long the pub is there, some one of the older Kirby's may know - Is Mrs Kirby still alive? Any one of the bars like the Rock Inn may remember her? Kellihers electrical maybe some of the older staff? If that wouldn't work you could ask the barber or the beauty shop who their landlords are and work back from when they bought the building? Your only going back 40 odd years so there may be someone who remembers her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

This lady would not have been a frequenter of bars so doubt either of those options would work :)

I have asked in the beauty shop would you believe as I'm pretty sure it's that building but no info to be got there either, seems to have changed hands more than once.

• Advertisement

phormium wrote: »
    This lady would not have been a frequenter of bars so doubt either of those options would work :)

I have asked in the beauty shop would you believe as I'm pretty sure it's that building but no info to be got there either, seems to have changed hands more than once.

You'd be looking to historians I'd say... Perhaps John Cleary the photographer could help. ... John O'Keeffe's brother used do some archiving of the area I believe ...other than that it's probably asking some of the old stock...maybe staughtons row... Ger Caball might know...out of ideas after that

Advertisement