Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The B&B to which you refer is leased to the HSE...so it gets all their dross.
    And it seems ABC cleaning in Boherbee is now a "European students hostel".... with a lot of drunken travellers...wonder what college they are going to?

I had a feeling the hse or the council had a big involvement with that B&B. It seems to be a mix of people, and a few families with kids. I only noticed that hostel further up the road just recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

phormium wrote: »
    Long shot here but is there anyway I can find out who lived in a house in Tralee in early/mid 70s? Are the electoral registers for that time available to look at anywhere, that's assuming of course the person was registered.

Electoral register is your best bet to start. Ask in the library.

Would there be a priest or sacristan in the church who might remember her?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I just read on Tralee do you know on FB that a parent took their child to the town park playground this afternoon, and she went down the slide, only to find that there had been bleach poured down the slide & her jeans were destroyed. It could have been very serious and she could have burned her skin.

It looks like the local media will run it and hopefully something will be done to make the playground safer. I am very wary of bringing my little one down there again. I'd rather go to Fenit or Ardfert. Sick thing for someone to do. Scumbags.:mad:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/581382515326141/permalink/1194392814025105/

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I just read on Tralee do you know on FB that a parent took their child to the town park playground this afternoon, and she went down the slide, only to find that there had been bleach poured down the slide & her jeans were destroyed. It could have been very serious and she could have burned her skin.

It looks like the local media will run it and hopefully something will be done to make the playground safer. I am very wary of bringing my little one down there again. I'd rather go to Fenit or Ardfert. Sick thing for someone to do. Scumbags.:mad:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/581382515326141/permalink/1194392814025105/

What kind of sicko does it take to do something like that.
    We were never a fan of that playground tbh.

What kind of sicko does it take to do something like that.
    We were never a fan of that playground tbh.

Yeah it’s got a bad reputation. Too many groups of teens hang around in it & overtake the place. There’s no reason for teens to be in a playground. I’ve heard stories of them being aggressive with parents if asked to move etc.

I think this issue will be brought up in the local papers and radio Kerry, so hopefully a bit of action will be taken.

• Advertisement

Yeah it’s got a bad reputation. Too many groups of teens hang around in it & overtake the place. There’s no reason for teens to be in a playground. I’ve heard stories of them being aggressive with parents if asked to move etc.
    Even if they are decent enough teenagers, something as innocent as chasing each other around can lead to a child being flattened.
    Its a bit of a spin, but the one is Castleisland is nice.

Even if they are decent enough teenagers, something as innocent as chasing each other around can lead to a child being flattened.
    Its a bit of a spin, but the one is Castleisland is nice.

We went to the one in Ardfert today. If ever back in Dingle, they have a really nice one near the back of garveys.

We went to the one in Ardfert today. If ever back in Dingle, they have a really nice one near the back of garveys.

I dont think we have ever been to the Dingle one, thanks for the heads up!
    We did the Ballyheigue one this evening, also a nice little playground, FREEZING there though!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

i saw that on facebook as well but i was wondering if it was bleach at all, the jeans were orinally pink but turned black after the slide, if it was bleach would it not turn white?
    it cud have an innocent explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Henwin wrote: »
    i saw that on facebook as well but i was wondering if it was bleach at all, the jeans were orinally pink but turned black after the slide, if it was bleach would it not turn white?
    it cud have an innocent explanation

The jeans were blue, the bleach turned them pink. If you've ever gotten a drop of bleach on your jeans it turns pinkish.

• Advertisement

I dont think we have ever been to the Dingle one, thanks for the heads up!
    We did the Ballyheigue one this evening, also a nice little playground, FREEZING there though!

Yes it was very cold, but my little one didn't seem to mind...I was dying to get back into the car!! I haven't been to the one in Ballyheigue, must check it out. The one in Dingle is very good, only about a year old I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Adiboo wrote: »
    The jeans were blue, the bleach turned them pink. If you've ever gotten a drop of bleach on your jeans it turns pinkish.

There was a bottle of domestos near the slide.

Has anyone tried out the new Italian restaurant, Amore Mia, in Rock street? I have passed it a few times, but keep forgetting about it! Looks like a nice place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Has anyone tried out the new Italian restaurant, Amore Mia, in Rock street? I have passed it a few times, but keep forgetting about it! Looks like a nice place.

Tralee Today needs to get back doing restaurant reviews :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Tralee Today needs to get back doing restaurant reviews :D

Nah, Dermot was getting a bit pudgy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

xxyyzz wrote: »
    There was a bottle of domestos near the slide.

The council should be petitioned to install closed circuit cameras at the playground.
    Those thugs need to be caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

The council should be petitioned to install closed circuit cameras at the playground.
    Those thugs need to be caught.
    Seems like there are cameras already there
    http://traleetoday.ie/gardai-investigating-bleach-slide-incident-town-park-playground/

xxyyzz wrote: »

That's good. Let's hope they catch whoever did it.

I was in Tralee yesterday and whilst walking along Market Lane ( not sure if that's the correct name ) I noticed a restaurant where there used to be a flower shop, but it was closed. Is it out of business?

I was in Tralee yesterday and whilst walking along Market Lane ( not sure if that's the correct name ) I noticed a restaurant where there used to be a flower shop, but it was closed. Is it out of business?
    If you are talking about Tony Ennis ('Forget me not' was the shop name iirc) he retired as far as I know.

• Advertisement

Reading your post again I guess you are talking about what replaced Ennis's.
    Cant remember a restaurant being open there, a Polish shop comes to mind

Reading your post again I guess you are talking about what replaced Ennis's.
    Cant remember a restaurant being open there, a Polish shop comes to mind

Not a Polish shop anymore. It’s called Cesco Catering. They have cafe in there too. https://m.facebook.com/Cescos-Catering-129709010969604/

Not a Polish shop anymore. It’s called Cesco Catering. They have cafe in there too. https://m.facebook.com/Cescos-Catering-129709010969604/

it sounds like a good place. It was closed yesterday ( Tuesday) at 3pm. although their opening hours sign said 9-5pm. I was wondering if they had ceased trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Remember in the past they used be lists of pubs and former pubs on this thread

Someone needs to do a list of restaurants,chippers and coffees shops in Tralee at the moment

If you go hungry in town then there is something seriously wrong :D

There is always that establishment on the corner opposite McGrath vets....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

There is always that establishment on the corner opposite McGrath vets....

The one and only "Café Delights"....not the most apt name

Take care during the Status Red warning! Its been extended too all counties now and until 3pm Friday! I hope its not as bad as predicted. I'm still not over the snow of 2010! I don't think I could cope with no heat or water with a 20 month old child this time around....

After a long day of no snow, we finally have it falling in Tralee!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

After a long day of no snow, we finally have it falling in Tralee!

We have enough of it by now. This was taken around 10am. It wasn't looking like that an hour later.

attachment.php?attachmentid=443898&d=1519943606[\img]

• Advertisement

beertons wrote: »
    We have enough of it by now. This was taken around 10am. It wasn't looking like that an hour later.

attachment.php?attachmentid=443898&d=1519943606[\img]

Yeah its not fun after a while. I really don't care about it anymore after that awful bout we had in 2010. I don't really want too much here!

Advertisement