Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

^^^^^

Its the ESB I think u would have to get onto aboit them.

ESB don't deal with it, its Airtricity who are meant to be looking after them. You can report faulty lights on their website.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Adiboo wrote: »
    http://www.kerrycoco.ie/report-it/

Forms here for reporting faulty street lamps.

That link doesn't work.

The council get Airtricity to do the main street light repairs, and their webpage has a report option, but despite doing that, nothing has been fixed. I've reported it to the council also. Some of these lights have bene out 6 months or more. This is just Oakpark, there are so many more out around the town and are like it for months & months on end. Its crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Airtricity doesn't have the contract for all the lights. There are a couple of independent contractors doing bits too..

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Airtricity doesn't have the contract for all the lights. There are a couple of independent contractors doing bits too..

Ok, thanks for that. Either way, the council have been made aware of these lights. I have reported them via fixyourstreet.ie and the council always send a notification to each report to say its been passed onto the relevant department. They just don't seem to be doing their job. Its in the interest of public safety that street lights are working. There are two not working at the junction of Racecourse road & Oakpark road, on either side of the junction and they have been like that since about October. Its very dark there.

I remember when a cyclist was killed in town a couple of years ago, the judge at the inquest said that it was the council's duty to ensure the lightening in the town was maintained and that they need to be on keeping on top of it for public safety. I don't think they seem to be bothered!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    That link doesn't work.

http://www1.kerrycoco.ie/report-it/

It was missing a 1!

• Advertisement

Adiboo wrote: »

Thanks. That seems to just go to the fixyourstreet.ie website, which I already use.

Best of luck with the process.. It's never ending with the council in this regard..

Best of luck with the process.. It's never ending with the council in this regard..

I don't really know why I bother! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

It's a common problem now, as councils have basically ditched much of their responsibilities for public services - except for fee collections etc. With many services now privatised it is increasingly difficult to get things repaired. Sorry for the rant. I just dislike not getting reasonable value for taxes etc. that we pay.

It's a common problem now, as councils have basically ditched much of their responsibilities for public services - except for fee collections etc. With many services now privatised it is increasingly difficult to get things repaired. Sorry for the rant. I just dislike not getting reasonable value for taxes etc. that we pay.

I agree. I’m fed up of paying property tax etc etc & they can’t do simple jobs like replace bulbs.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Digiweb’s nationwide fibre network is now connected to SIRO in Tralee, bringing customers instant access, reliability, more choice and faster speeds than ever before. Electric Broadband -powered by SIRO is available now and comes with award winning equipment and a world class network you can trust. Confirm availability at your home or business here https://www.digiweb.ie/siro-powered-broadband/

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

We were far from delighted! We made a huge mistake changing to Siro in work. Our card payment machine runs off wifi so it causes us big problems if it goes down. We need to look into getting out of the contract. Fed up of it now.

Digiweb has had 100% uptime with our Electric Broadband SIRO network in Tralee. https://www.digiweb.ie/siro-powered-broadband/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Joseph Goebbels could take lessons on propaganda here!

Digiweb wrote: »
    Digiweb has had 100% uptime with our Electric Broadband SIRO network in Tralee. https://www.digiweb.ie/siro-powered-broadband/

We are tied into a contract with Vodafone so nothing we can do for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Brock Stevens

Digiweb wrote: »

I am a Digiweb Siro customer in Town and since I had it installed about 6 months ago I can vouch for what they are saying with 100% uptime. Have never had an issue with it. Even at times when people are complaining on Twitter that it’s down with other suppliers I have always had a connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

until such time that either the contract period elapses or Vodafone increases their charges at which point you can then cancel without penalties ...

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I decided to give Cesca cafe a try this week whilst in Tralee, but it seems to have closed down. It was closed a few weeks ago when I walked past it, but I wasn't sure if it was just a temporary thing.

I decided to give Cesca cafe a try this week whilst in Tralee, but it seems to have closed down. It was closed a few weeks ago when I walked past it, but I wasn't sure if it was just a temporary thing.

They haven't posted on their facebook page for about 3 weeks, and nothing to say that they are closed either.
    Not the best location for a café, its too hidden away.

I noticed today that the old Dunnes unit in Bridge street/the Mall is up for sale! I don't know if it was mentioned on here before, I don't recall hearing about it. Is it up for sale long?

Ciarrai76 wrote:
    I noticed today that the old Dunnes unit in Bridge street/the Mall is up for sale! I don't know if it was mentioned on here before, I don't recall hearing about it. Is it up for sale long?

It has the for sale sign on it for at least 2 months. Question is, is it really for sale...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

If the service is not being provided to the standard outlined, you should have the ability to request release from contract. Have you recorded all the incidents and the duration of those incidents? If you have you have the basis to lodge a complaint with the view to dissolving the agreement.

jim salter wrote: »
    If the service is not being provided to the standard outlined, you should have the ability to request release from contract. Have you recorded all the incidents and the duration of those incidents? If you have you have the basis to lodge a complaint with the view to dissolving the agreement.

Someone I know rang them to try and leave their contract, but Vodafone said You need to have had 5 outages in a row and have rung them to complain to each one for them to even consider letting you out of your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Someone I know rang them to try and leave their contract, but Vodafone said You need to have had 5 outages in a row and have rung them to complain to each one for them to even consider letting you out of your contract.

What Vodafone say and what are grounds for contract termination (due to failing to provide adequate services) are two different things.

Having dealt with telco's in similar circumstances in the past I have learned that when you are persistent and push they will relent.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

It has the for sale sign on it for at least 2 months. Question is, is it really for sale...

Two months ??? Two years is closer

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Ahem... :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103738459&postcount=2408

:o Ah lads my brain is seriously gone to mush....I blame it on the baby! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Teenage Girl Goes Missing From Tralee Home

http://traleetoday.ie/teenager-goes-missing-tralee-home/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://www.therapieclinic.com/our-clinics/

Skincare clinic chain Therapie, opening soon in Lower Castle Street. I wonder is that either the old Lee Records or FAS office?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Teenage Girl Goes Missing From Tralee Home

http://traleetoday.ie/teenager-goes-missing-tralee-home/
    She has since been found according to Radio Kerry news. Thank God for her parents.

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    https://www.therapieclinic.com/our-clinics/

Skincare clinic chain Therapie, opening soon in Lower Castle Street. I wonder is that either the old Lee Records or FAS office?

Old Lee records unit as far as I know.

Advertisement