Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Guys and girls, can I ask if you've had the predicted thunder showers in the Tralee area in the last few days? I'm planning to head to Banna tomorrow if the weather is still nice, but weather app predicting showers it seems. Though it's not always that reliable, so I'm probably better off getting some local knowledge.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Guys and girls, can I ask if you've had the predicted thunder showers in the Tralee area in the last few days? I'm planning to head to Banna tomorrow if the weather is still nice, but weather app predicting showers it seems. Though it's not always that reliable, so I'm probably better off getting some local knowledge.

No rain in Tralee today, yet. It is forecasted tonight. Not sure about tomorrow, Wednesday, it is forecasted according to my phone.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    No rain in Tralee today, yet. It is forecasted tonight. Not sure about tomorrow, Wednesday, it is forecasted according to my phone.

Thanks. Should have mentioned that I'm in Limerick! Mr Crumble is leaning more towards Inch. Beautiful beach too, but I have a slightly ulterior motive. Can't leave Tralee without visiting Penneys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Looks like the new shop next to Bmobile, John Doughs will be open for the weekend

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Apparently Michael Guineys are moving into the old Corcoran’s unit opposite Siamsa on the corner. They have some stock in windows at the moment. Not sure when they are due to move in. They are advertising for staff on their Facebook page too.

• Advertisement

Looks like the new shop next to Bmobile, John Doughs will be open for the weekend

Looks like it will be a nice place. Donuts, Ice Cream, coffees & pizza slices. Hope they do well. Looks forward to trying it out.

Beautiful day. Just leaving Tralee now. Managed to pick up a few tops on the on the obligatory Penneys stop ;)
    I love Kerry. Would move down in the morning but can't get himself to budge :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Apparently Michael Guineys are moving into the old Corcoran’s unit opposite Siamsa on the corner. They have some stock in windows at the moment. Not sure when they are due to move in. They are advertising for staff on their Facebook page too.

I hated that upstairs shop. Always so cramped and messy. Guineys wouldn't be my favourite store but glad to see the Corcarans unit occupied again to bring life to the street there.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I see some work has started on the recently sold Goblin/Kerryman site.
    There is some amount of ground there! Looking likes its the Boyles alright..

I spotted that last week. They had done a bit of clearing & grass cutting and have metal fencing up around the site. Would love to know what their plans for it are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

ongarboy wrote: »
    I hated that upstairs shop. Always so cramped and messy. Guineys wouldn't be my favourite store but glad to see the Corcarans unit occupied again to bring life to the street there.

I'm completely drawing a blank on the Corcoran's unit - where exactly is it?

What's meant to be going in there again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Corcoran's...walk past small Tesco...the big apartment building...the very last unit on the left, before you cross the road was Corcoran's

Corcoran's...walk past small Tesco...the big apartment building...the very last unit on the left, before you cross the road was Corcoran's
    Great to see that getting a new tenant!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ah right in the actual apartment building itself.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Ah right in the actual apartment building itself.

It was Indeed

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I spotted that last week. They had done a bit of clearing & grass cutting and have metal fencing up around the site. Would love to know what their plans for it are!

It's zoned mixed-use and the planning requirement for the site in the municipal area development plan is that it's developed as a mixed-use urban streetscape.

What this means is mainly offices and/or high-density residential apartments (with the possibility of some small-scale commercial/retail), with buildings fronting onto the road so as to define a strong building-line, rather than set back like the current industrial buildings.

Industrial or any form of large-scale retail will not be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I see Radio Kerry reporting minister for justice Charlie Flanagan saying the Dennys site would be suitable for a new courthouse! Not sure that was Kerry Groups intention to give the site to the criminals of Tralee rather than the citizens of Tralee!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

ongarboy wrote: »
    I see Radio Kerry reporting minister for justice Charlie Flanagan saying the Dennys site would be suitable for a new courthouse! Not sure that was Kerry Groups intention to give the site to the criminals of Tralee rather than the citizens of Tralee!!!

Bit of a turn up for the books alright. I reckon they should go all out in that case and do a completely new barracks and courthouse and services combined block with the one cells area linking the two.

And leave the existing courthouse for family law.
    1 day a month at the moment and hundreds of cases to be heard, it's quite laughable how backward and inefficient it is.

kn wrote: »
    Bit of a turn up for the books alright. I reckon they should go all out in that case and do a completely new barracks and courthouse and services combined block with the one cells area linking the two.

It would actually make sense to have a purpose built courthouse right next to the garda barracks!

• Advertisement

I noticed work has started up in Manor retail park next to carpet right where I think Costa is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Has anyone been to the Kerry General been there lately?
    I'm in shock today after having accompanying a friend to the emergency department at Kerry General.
    The nurses and staff do a stellar job and are a credit to their profession, but the conditions in the waiting area are appalling. Hard uncomfortable, metal chairs - some without backs or seats, and not enough of them for the people who attended as patients and had to stand, waiting for 4 or 5 hours to be seen by a doctor.
    There were mothers with children who had injures and I felt so sorry for their discomfort, and older ladies in wheelchairs. One who was quite distressed.
    I had occasion, once before, in 2008 to visit the old emergency department in 2008, and it was much more comfortable for patients with cubicles and trolleys.
    This visit reminded me of something you might see in an impoverished third world country - really awful.

The HSE management are the problem, not the dedicated medical staff who do their jobs so well under difficult conditions. According to someone I know who is in that business the management personnel have increased exponentially since the HSE was founded and medical staff has not grown to a necessary level.
    Sorry for this negative post, but I just had to get it off my chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

From Kerry County Council ‘s Facebook page.

From Monday next, 28th May, the Brandon Car Park in Tralee (opposite the Brandon Hotel) will be closed for approximately one week to facilitate resurfacing works. Parking, if required, will be facilitated at Fels Point and will be signposted.

Its amazing the work carried out between Killarney and Tralee for Charles and Camilla.

Its amazing the work carried out between Killarney and Tralee for Charles and Camilla.

They're coming to Killarney. They asked me, but I couldn't possibly put them up.
    My place will only take about 10 or 12 people, and there entourage will be much larger. I might have them over for tea, though. :)

Gosh, I just realised that some of my spelling and grammar for the last couple of posts was awful..:o

Martin Ferris to bend the knee when Charles arrives ?

I see Viva Burg in Boherbee is up for sale. Saw the for sale sign earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

I see Viva Burg in Boherbee is up for sale. Saw the for sale sign earlier.

Jaysus, that has been going since I was a young lad in Slatts and Horan's

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

The current owner is a sound guy, but I'd say the business has been struggling for a while now

• Advertisement

The current owner is a sound guy, but I'd say the business has been struggling for a while now

Moyderwell secondary leaving...Pres and the Gael Scoil heading down the curry mile or to subway...no Horans.... always going to be difficult...I believe he looked into kfc some years ago but the conditions they laid down were too much.
    An ordinary takeaway won't survive there...needs a gimmick or something.

Advertisement