Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Ya was a bit weird alright, the square got really busy later and the only entertainment was some lads dismantling the stage.
    Seems bizarre to have no music on after 10pm, is this a stragety to push people in the pubs or what ?

It wouldnt be a great strategy if it is, given that they market it as a family event.

Surely when the stages are in place, it wouldnt break the bank to have a few bands playing in both all evening.
    The only music I saw on Monday evening when we were in town was a trad band playing in the marquee area in the Mall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of the town bus goes from the Oakpark area over to Manor retail park?

It goes from the small Tesco car park, outside Heatons, and then up to the College down Racecourse Road to the the hospital and then to Manor Retail Park.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »
    It goes from the small Tesco car park, outside Heatons, and then up to the College down Racecourse Road to the the hospital and then to Manor Retail Park.

Thanks! I eventually managed to find a route map online! Its not too far for me to walk to the stop and it looks to be every 35 mins past the hour.
    It only just dawned on me today that I could get the bus up to Manor some day with the little man. He's a bit obsessed with the wheels on the bus at the moment, and although its not a huge bus by any means, it might be a bit of a thrill for him to go on it, even if its just for a few mins! Plus I get to go to the shops for a while! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Thanks! I eventually managed to find a route map online! Its not too far for me to walk to the stop and it looks to be every 35 mins past the hour.
    It only just dawned on me today that I could get the bus up to Manor some day with the little man. He's a bit obsessed with the wheels on the bus at the moment, and although its not a huge bus by any means, it might be a bit of a thrill for him to go on it, even if its just for a few mins! Plus I get to go to the shops for a while! :)

Do they stop near the Gaelscoil?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Do they stop near the Gaelscoil?

It looks like it does, but not sure where about it stops.
    Here's the link to the map. http://traleeactivetravel.ie/public-transport/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

kn wrote: »

Thanks. It’s hard to know where in Oakpark it stops, it just says Oakpark. Pretty big area so they could make it clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Thanks. It’s hard to know where in Oakpark it stops, it just says Oakpark. Pretty big area so they could make it clear!

There aren’t any set stops besides tesco, you can basically flag either bus down anywhere along their routes

th283 wrote: »
    There aren’t any set stops besides tesco, you can basically flag either bus down anywhere along their routes

ah I see, good to know, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

There is a new tattoo studio gone in to boherbee. I think the premises used to be a tanning salon. Does anyone know who the artist is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭StrikingOut

Hi, does anyone know the name of the gym based in John Mitchels GAA club?

bobdcow wrote: »
    There is a new tattoo studio gone in to boherbee. I think the premises used to be a tanning salon. Does anyone know who the artist is?

Saw that, although it’s not the old tanning salon, few doors up I think. No idea who the tattoo artist is though.

Hi, does anyone know the name of the gym based in John Mitchels GAA club?

DOnt know if there’s an actual name for it, but this is their Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/johnmitchelsgaaclubgym/

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭StrikingOut

Thanks Ciarrai, I was sure an external company took over the running of it a few years back. I’ll ring the clubhouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

Hi. Does anybody know how I'd go about finding a cleaner to give a general clean to my house once weekly or fortnightly? I live in Tralee town.

Is there a website where cleaners advertise or anything like that? I did have an excellent cleaner who I found by word of mouth, but haven't been able to replace her since she moved back to her own country.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

acequion wrote: »
    Hi. Does anybody know how I'd go about finding a cleaner to give a general clean to my house once weekly or fortnightly? I live in Tralee town.

Is there a website where cleaners advertise or anything like that? I did have an excellent cleaner who I found by word of mouth, but haven't been able to replace her since she moved back to her own country.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

I often see cleaners recommended on the Tralee do you know page on facebook. I don't know if there's a site they advertise on. Maybe try the Kerry's Eye though as there may be some in the classifieds.
    I do know ABC cleaning are meant to be good, but I don't know prices etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Anyone have the name of a good electrician in Tralee? Small job, need to rewire socket for electric shower but want it done properly.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Noticed in the past week or two that O'Neill's Pharmacy in Abbey Court seems to have closed down. Have heard nothing about it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Quackster wrote: »
    Noticed in the past week or two that O'Neill's Pharmacy in Abbey Court seems to have closed down. Have heard nothing about it though.

They closed down at the end of August , she was going to pursue other projects.

Quackster wrote: »

I hadn’t even noticed!

I think that Kerry Spices in Castle Street seems to have closed too. It hasn’t been open for weeks.

• Advertisement

I hadn’t even noticed!

I think that Kerry Spices in Castle Street seems to have closed too. It hasn’t been open for weeks.

Closed down the week before the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Anyone been to the new Grill restaurant in old Allegro/Gaudinos? Worth trying?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I loved popping in there every time I was down.

Were they the same people who have the Indian restaurant up Barrack Lane?

Were they the same people who have the Indian restaurant up Barrack Lane?

I don't think so, the spice guy is Bangladeshi & married to a Czech girl...don't think there's a connection

Has anyone been into the Nova Foodstore up in Boherbee? What’s sort of foodstore is it?
    Is the tyre repair shop totally gone from there now?

Has anyone been into the Nova Foodstore up in Boherbee? What’s sort of foodstore is it?
    Is the tyre repair shop totally gone from there now?

Repair shop closed and he's working from home now.
    Only saw Nova at the weekend...seems to be a meat wholesalers... but everyone welcome according to the signage

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

ongarboy wrote: »
    Anyone been to the new Grill restaurant in old Allegro/Gaudinos? Worth trying?
    I found it poor. The branding would suggest a Nandos style restaruant, however in reality it was closer to an Indian style.

I found it poor. The branding would suggest a Nandos style restaruant, however in reality it was closer to an Indian style.

It's owned by the same guys who have Tasty Bite , it's a combination of Indian grill style and peri peri

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

It looks like McCowans Coal Yard yard in Dromthacker has closed down. McCowans operated in Tralee over the last century and half. The name lives on however McCowans lane.

Advertisement