Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Didn't "Sammy the Turk' have it at one point. He played ball with Tigers back in the 80's...I can't remember was it there or La Scala...

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Just remembered the make it yourself pizzas you could get in Quinnsworth next door jeez they weren't great.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

E mac wrote: »
    Just remembered the make it yourself pizzas you could get in Quinnsworth next door jeez they weren't great.

We used to get one every Friday! I actually remember them being ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

xxyyzz wrote: »

That link isn't working. What is it about?

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    That link isn't working. What is it about?

It works alright...it's in a Facebook group for rent already

( You're not in the group I'd guess)

It works alright...it's in a Facebook group for rent already

( You're not in the group I'd guess)

I'm using my laptop, the page wouldn't even open.

Just had a look at their fb page & it said on one post they were closed for holidays until the 8th Oct, and another post is just a photo saying 'work in progress'!

I'm using my laptop, the page wouldn't even open.

Yeah...closed group, so if you're not a member it won't open

Yeah...closed group, so if you're not a member it won't open

no, the actual link wasn't working! If you edit the address above and take out the 'm.' at the start, then it works. Otherwise an error message just comes up.

no, the actual link wasn't working! If you edit the address above and take out the 'm.' at the start, then it works. Otherwise an error message just comes up.

Works fine for me :D

M is for mobile I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Hi guys. Does anyone know how the parking works at Kerry airport? I imagine that there's a ticket system in place with a barrier etc. Is there a different area for a 5 day stay than the one directly in front of the termina,l or can you use that one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Hi guys. Does anyone know how the parking works at Kerry airport? I imagine that there's a ticket system in place with a barrier etc. Is there a different area for a 5 day stay than the one directly in front of the termina,l or can you use that one ?

Just get your ticket and find a space is what I remember.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

The back carpark is for the longer stay. Front carpark is short term parking. Barrier & ticket system.

Another bistro/cafe opening on Ashe St where the Italian sandwich shop was. 7th heaven it's called.

Has anyone else come across a red-haired guy in town always wearing a blue furry check jacket? 3 times in the last year he's attempted to approach me asking the time and all mannerly and then "by the way" can you give me some money. He's some plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

The back carpark is for the longer stay. Front carpark is short term parking. Barrier & ticket system.

Would 5 days be considered long term or short term?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Another bistro/cafe opening on Ashe St where the Italian sandwich shop was. 7th heaven it's called.

Has anyone else come across a red-haired guy in town always wearing a blue furry check jacket? 3 times in the last year he's attempted to approach me asking the time and all mannerly and then "by the way" can you give me some money. He's some plague.

Your lucky. He approached me twice in one day. An utter plaque and scam artist. Always looking for money for a phone call, the first time I offered him my phone by the way, the next I left rip at him

adam88 wrote: »
    Your lucky. He approached me twice in one day. An utter plaque and scam artist. Always looking for money for a phone call, the first time I offered him my phone by the way, the next I left rip at him

Yeah when he comes up to me now I just cut him off at the knees before he can get started on his spiel.

I always find a quick "fck off" works very well with him

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

A traveller from Ardfert, likes a drink

Would 5 days be considered long term or short term?

I think 5 days is long term. Nearly sure it’s more expensive to park in the short term carpark for more than a couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CinderKone

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Any recent experiences with Dublin Coach, punctual, reliable, clean? All I see in the thread on them is horror stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Any recent experiences with Dublin Coach, punctual, reliable, clean? All I see in the thread on them is horror stories.

I used them a couple of weeks ago from Tralee to Limerick and they were clean and on time - no issues at all. Use them regularly enough from Limerick to Dublin and have had exclusively positive experiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

keane2097 wrote: »
    I used them a couple of weeks ago from Tralee to Limerick and they were clean and on time - no issues at all. Use them regularly enough from Limerick to Dublin and have had exclusively positive experiences.

Agree. I've used them from Limerick to Dublin (and return) quite a bit and have never had any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Agree. I've used them from Limerick to Dublin (and return) quite a bit and have never had any problems.

Likewise. I use them semi-regularly and haven't had a major issue with them recently. I would never, ever rely on them to get me to Dublin Airport to catch a flight though!

Has anyone seen the large sign up on the Lee Strand building on John Joe Sheehy Road that says something about a medical centre and it’s in conjunction with Clounalour medical centre. I couldn’t read it all as I was driving but curious to know what it’s about. Is the Clounalour medical centre moving in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Went from Tralee to Dublin a month ago on the 1 am bus and found it grand out, comfy seat that reclined almost flat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Quackster wrote: »
    Likewise. I use them semi-regularly and haven't had a major issue with them recently. I would never, ever rely on them to get me to Dublin Airport to catch a flight though!

I've used them a few times in the last couple of years and they have never been a minute late, and usually arrive a minute or two early somehow.

The drivers are brilliant, buses have comfy seats, wifi, wc and sockets to charge phones etc.

They drop you closer to the door at the airport than a taxi will and they're cheap as chips.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Stan.

Any good massage Parlours in town? Bad back.

Advertisement