Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

They are great except that changing for the Airport @ Red Cow is extremely uncomfortable experience... Waiting long time in the middle of nowhere (no shop, no restroom, BIG NOTHING).

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Stan. wrote: »
    Any good massage Parlours in town? Bad back.

Would a physio not be better for a bad back?

Maire Griffin is very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

g1983d wrote: »
    Would a physio not be better for a bad back?

Maire Griffin is very good

Some accounts that are "new" ask some "funny" questions....

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Some accounts that are "new" ask some "funny" questions....

Ditto "new" and "funny" answers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Stan. wrote: »
    Any good massage Parlours in town? Bad back.

A physio or chiropractor for a bad back would be better. But there is a woman called Alexandra Rowan from Muscle Therapy who is very good for massages.
    https://www.facebook.com/muscletherapytralee/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I suspect Stan is suffering from a "bad back" as opposed to a bad back.

Not the place to find answers for those sorts of "maladies", Stan.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Thanks for the replies on Dublin Coach, they were a small bit late getting into Dublin, but otherwise fine. I would travel with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the large sign up on the Lee Strand building on John Joe Sheehy Road that says something about a medical centre and it’s in conjunction with Clounalour medical centre. I couldn’t read it all as I was driving but curious to know what it’s about. Is the Clounalour medical centre moving in there?

I read about it when they first announced it. From what I gather it is a HSE type medical clinic where they will send you for things that you don't need to go to the hospital for. Open to correction.

Edit* had a quick Google, official term is HSE Primary Care centre.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Adiboo wrote: »
    I read about it when they first announced it. From what I gather it is a HSE type medical clinic where they will send you for things that you don't need to go to the hospital for. Open to correction.

Edit* had a quick Google, official term is HSE Primary Care centre.

Looks as though it’s in conjunction with Clounalour medical centre too. Not sure if it means they are moving the practice there though

I was in Manor today & noticed that bmobile are gone out of there. I know they are renamed tech co now but I hadn’t realised they had closed their Manor unit.

Costa should be open up there before Christmas. They are already advertising for staff. Any word on whether Homesense are going Into the carpet right unit or what is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I was in Manor today & noticed that bmobile are gone out of there. I know they are renamed tech co now but I hadn’t realised they had closed their Manor unit.

Costa should be open up there before Christmas. They are already advertising for staff. Any word on whether Homesense are going Into the carpet right unit or what is?
    Even though it was just a Kiosk, the rent was probably a killer for them

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Is No 4 in the square closed down?
    I passed Tuesday lunchtime and Saturday evening and closed both times.

Forge83 wrote: »
    Is No 4 in the square closed down?
    I passed Tuesday lunchtime and Saturday evening and closed both times.

I was wondering the same. I passed a few times during the day recently & despite their signs outside saying opened for food, they were closed. I wonder what’s happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

I think Brexit is delaying homesense

Yes indeed, No.4 went about 3-4 weeks ago...the staff were told on the day it was shutting...the owner is keeping a low profile by all accounts.
    Another local businessman is looking to take it on, so hopefully it might be open before Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Yes indeed, No.4 went about 3-4 weeks ago...the staff were told on the day it was shutting...the owner is keeping a low profile by all accounts.
    Another local businessman is looking to take it on, so hopefully it might be open before Xmas

Had my 30th there was a great night and when our in town we would always head in there for one or two drinks. Was always a few in there.

the owner is keeping a low profile by all accounts.
    That must be killing him :rolleyes:

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Yeah when he comes up to me now I just cut him off at the knees before he can get started on his spiel.

He tried the I need to call my mother spiel on me earlier today. I didn’t let him finish & told him no I’m in a rush. He’s a very rude guy. Have had dealings with him in work. No time for him.

Not nice for the staff. I hope they get their jobs back if reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If No.4 was in Killarney it would have probably thrived. There just isn't really the market in Tralee all year round for a place like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

A restaurant with an upstairs area always seems to have a hard time surviving. People don't like to climb stairs when they have had a few drinks, etc. The most important aspect of a restaurant, next to good food and nice service is easy access, in and out with no obstacle courses to challenge the customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

A restaurant with an upstairs area always seems to have a hard time surviving. People don't like to climb stairs when they have had a few drinks, etc. The most important aspect of a restaurant, next to good food and nice service is easy access, in and out with no obstacle courses to challenge the customers.

Hardly that much of a deterrent. The Brogue steakhouse, Spa Seafood, Finnegans and others have survived for years even though they require access by stairs.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Hardly that much of a deterrent. The Brogue steakhouse, Spa Seafood, Finnegans and others have survived for years even though they require access by stairs.

And the person taking it over may have been involved in one of those very establishments :)

And the person taking it over may have been involved in one of those very establishments :)

Ca*****'s

There's yet ANOTHER coffee shop opening in town! This time in the old Chez Christoph's unit in Courthouse lane. I can't quite remember the name I saw on it today. Looks nice in there. I suppose that area is a good catchment for all the solicitors etc.

I also noticed as I was walking through the lane, that there's a new reflexology practice gone in to the small little unit next to the back entrance to Baily's.

Ca*****'s

Was involved in Finnegan's ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

There's yet ANOTHER coffee shop opening in town! This time in the old Chez Christoph's unit in Courthouse lane. I can't quite remember the name I saw on it today. Looks nice in there. I suppose that area is a good catchment for all the solicitors etc.

I also noticed as I was walking through the lane, that there's a new reflexology practice gone in to the small little unit next to the back entrance to Baily's.

And another bistro opening across from the courthouse called 7th heaven where the Italian deli was

Andy's Chinese takeaway has closed down Castle Street...I believe it's reopening as an Indian takeaway... about time there was one in the area
    :D

Andy's Chinese takeaway has closed down Castle Street...I believe it's reopening as an Indian takeaway... about time there was one in the area
    :D

That place is jinxed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

The Indian castle is just across the road from it .

Advertisement