Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

The Indian castle is just across the road from it .

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Well aware that was the joke. :-) . it was supposed to come across as what's the point .

Well aware that was the joke. :-) . it was supposed to come across as what's the point .

I suppose the new lad thinks he can make a go of it....where every-fckin-body who has been there has failed before him.
    Romanians
    Polish,
    Russian,
    Indian,
    Chinese...
    And even an Irish guy... but it fails each and every time

Maybe a fusion Indian -chinese-scabby chicken burger gaff is exactly whats needed there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

sudaltsov wrote: »
    They are great except that changing for the Airport @ Red Cow is extremely uncomfortable experience... Waiting long time in the middle of nowhere (no shop, no restroom, BIG NOTHING).

There is an alternative of getting Dublin Coach to/from Limerick and then Eireagle from Limerick direct to the Airport. Works out about the same moneywise on return tickets and the times mostly workout as well for changing at Limerick.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Roadworks on the Oakpark road at the moment from Forge cross roundabout & making its way down to Mcelligotts. It started today (Thursday) and will continue tomorrow Friday, 9th Nov.

We live in the area and it was crazy today. Badly signposted where the diversions were. You couldn’t basically come down Oakpark off the Listowel road and had to go around by the ITT & down Ballybeggan. I saw very few diversion signs so pure confusion. I couldn’t even turn off for local access where there was a local access sign! It will probably be worse tomorrow as in a busy area with the traffic light so and not far from school access etc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

For many years this was a very successful leather shop McAuliffes!

My vote for the most jinxed retail outlet in tralee must go to the two units across from Barry's on Rock St! Has there ever been a successful business here?

I may have been joking about a fusion restaurant in castle street...but it seems it's going to be called Potasta... Potatoes, Pasta, Kebabs & Pizza :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I may have been joking about a fusion restaurant in castle street...but it seems it's going to be called Potasta... Potatoes, Pasta, Kebabs & Pizza :)

Most of the food groups covered so! Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Did that girl that went missing from Clash lat week turn up, Maria Brosnan.

I didn’t hear any updates. Hopefully she was found safe.

• Advertisement

She's from Fossa, last seen in Clash, don't think she's been found yet

Seems Potasta gave the outside a coat of paint earlier....the footpath now runs white :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I didn’t hear any updates. Hopefully she was found safe.

What age is she

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I see Michael Healy-Rae's appeal has been refused permission by An Bord Pleanala to convert Nancy Myles pub in Ballymullen into apartments.

http://www.pleanala.ie/documents/reports/301/R301583.pdf

PS - anyone hear anything about Cassidy's taking over No. 4 on the Square and convert it into a steakhouse? A friend heard rumours but wondering if it was just speculation.

ongarboy wrote: »
    I see Michael Healy-Rae's appeal has been refused permission by An Bord Pleanala to convert Nancy Myles pub in Ballymullen into apartments.

http://www.pleanala.ie/documents/reports/301/R301583.pdf

PS - anyone hear anything about Cassidy's taking over No. 4 on the Square and convert it into a steakhouse? A friend heard rumours but wondering if it was just speculation.

It's a very, very strong rumour ;)

It's a very, very strong rumour ;)

I don't think its even a rumour anymore!

When they hoping to open? I'd say they would want to catch the Christmas party trade asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Only to be open daytimes to start with apparently

I noticed there is a unit To let sign above the Regatta shop on Ashe Street. Does this mean they are closing?

• Advertisement

That lady from Fossa is still missing. It’s been a week since she was last seen in Tralee
    https://www.radiokerry.ie/gardai-renew-appeal-help-tracing-young-woman-missing-week/

That lady from Fossa is still missing. It’s been a week since she was last seen in Tralee
    https://www.radiokerry.ie/gardai-renew-appeal-help-tracing-young-woman-missing-week/

It's thought she left the country, they are making enquiries around farranfore

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I'm assuming the cronic traffic congestion in the vicinity of the JJS Road is a direct result of the Corrib Oil Black Friday fuel sale.

Just filled up at Top Oil Cahersalee who are price-matching and, most importantly, queue-free! :D

Quackster wrote: »
    I'm assuming the cronic traffic congestion in the vicinity of the JJS Road is a direct result of the Corrib Oil Black Friday fuel sale.

Just filled up at Top Oil Cahersalee who are price-matching and, most importantly, queue-free! :D

The traffic has been crazy there since they opened! I try to avoid that road now.

Lovely atmosphere in town today for the CH Christmas parade. We brought our 2 year old boy down for the first time to see it & he loved it! Weather was perfect too.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Lovely atmosphere in town today for the CH Christmas parade. We brought our 2 year old boy down for the first time to see it & he loved it! Weather was perfect too.

We went down around 5pm to the switching on of the lights, nice atmosphere around, and decent crowd too

Does anyone know why the over flow carpark in Manor shopping centre isn’t tarmac & laid 8nti a proper carpark? It’s full of potholes and huge puddles and mud in places. I often wonder why nothing is done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Does anyone know why the over flow carpark in Manor shopping centre isn’t tarmac & laid 8nti a proper carpark? It’s full of potholes and huge puddles and mud in places. I often wonder why nothing is done with it.

I think they are putting a garden centre in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Ch chemist santa land is completly booked out already. Jebus its not even December yet

Advertisement