Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Speaking of Rock street, has anyone been into that Yogoland place yet? I keep forgetting its there.

I can't believe it's still there!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

I thought it was Yogaland!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Speaking of Rock street, has anyone been into that Yogoland place yet? I keep forgetting its there.

Delicious self-serve frozen yoghurt. Was there twice in Summer. Not the weather for it now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Hi, does anyone know what charity shops take books and CD's in Tralee? Be ok to drop them into the TK Maxx Enable Ireland charity box?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

starlit wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know what charity shops take books and CD's in Tralee? Be ok to drop them into the TK Maxx Enable Ireland charity box?

Any of the charity shops would take them in. There is a new charity shop up Courthouse lane which helps homeless families. I'm sure they would be glad of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

I think rock st if developed properly is ideal for small local enterprise such as service providers. The buildings are not attractive to big brands as their restrictive in their layout etc.
    it’s just a pity the council are not keen to help develop outside the mall and manor west

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

adam88 wrote: »
    I think rock st if developed properly is ideal for small local enterprise such as service providers. The buildings are not attractive to big brands as their restrictive in their layout etc.
    it’s just a pity the council are not keen to help develop outside the mall and manor west

I read that the pathways in Rock street will be redeveloped next year. Hopefully it brings a bit more life to the area and look better.
    They could do with fixing the pathways all over the town centre. Some are a trip hazard they are in such disrepair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

are all the shops opened late these evenings and what time are they closing,

goat2 wrote: »
    are all the shops opened late these evenings and what time are they closing,

I’m sure they will be open later tomorrow, Friday in the town centre. Not Saturday or Sunday night though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

Is there any place in Tralee or around to buy Aloe plant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

sudaltsov wrote: »
    Is there any place in Tralee or around to buy Aloe plant?

Garden centres

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

is the pizza place in rock st. gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I just checked their Facebook (Amore Mio) page and there was some posts from.October saying they had closed. Pity as I never got to try it!

On another note, walking through town yesterday, I spotted 2 new cafes. 7th Heaven on Ashe St and Lost Society on.Courthouse Lane. Menu looks good in Lost Society and it was busy in there. There was no menu on window of 7th Heaven which is a shame as you'd like to know what sort of food or price range is on offer before you go in. I'd say that puts off a lot of potential custom and place was consequently empty too even though town was buzzing with sales shoppers.

Happy New year to you all. Hope you had a lovely Christmas.
    The Christmas lights in town were lovely again this year. The town seemed to have a nice buzz about, and plenty of traffic jams!

I see the Fiddler pub has opened. Has anyone been in yet? Are they doing food during the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Happy New year to you all. Hope you had a lovely Christmas.
    The Christmas lights in town were lovely again this year. The town seemed to have a nice buzz about, and plenty of traffic jams!

I see the Fiddler pub has opened. Has anyone been in yet? Are they doing food during the day?

Happy New Year Ciarrai76 and thanks for all your mod support of this forum over 2018!

I was in there the Saturday night before Christmas for drinks only so can't comment on food. It essentially is the same as No. 4 from a drinks/atmosphere perspective so far and the interior/decor etc is still the same which is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Where can I recycle a Christmas tree?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Usually at the back of the Ashe on Denny St.

Higgins waste have an ad in the Kerry's Eye that they will collect your tree for €10. As the other poster said, you can also bring your tree to the back of the Ashe Hall where the council are collecting them.

There is due to be a huge water pip repair job to be done in the Boherbee area for the next couple of months. I'm not sure when its due to start, but it sounds like its going to close off sections of the road in the area for quite some time.

Does anyone know where further information about it would be found or is it best to contact the council? We are quite worried at the impact it will have on our business so we need to get more information. We did speak to an Irish Water representative today when he called in, but he wasn't altogether sure on all the facts either.

I did hear some sort of ad about it on radio Kerry this evening, but I missed some of it so I don't know what's going on really!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Does anyone know of a hair salon that does the Kerastraight hair treatment? Or outside the town?

Does anyone know of a hair salon that does the Kerastraight hair treatment? Or outside the town?

Is that the 12 week blowdry treatment?

I did a quick search in the Tralee do you know page and Emma Quirke hairdressers came up, as well as Bizzare. They are both in Tralee. I think Emma Quirke is opposite Radio Kerry and Bizzare not far away, just up Pembroke street (near the Balloonagh junction).

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

There is due to be a huge water pip repair job to be done in the Boherbee area for the next couple of months. I'm not sure when its due to start, but it sounds like its going to close off sections of the road in the area for quite some time.

Does anyone know where further information about it would be found or is it best to contact the council? We are quite worried at the impact it will have on our business so we need to get more information. We did speak to an Irish Water representative today when he called in, but he wasn't altogether sure on all the facts either.

I did hear some sort of ad about it on radio Kerry this evening, but I missed some of it so I don't know what's going on really!

Ciarrai 76 -Heard about one year ago that all of Castle St is top be dug up from AIB up past Dom O Donnells to replace old lead pipes which have many leaks.
    Also told that theres a huge leak (losing thousands of litres per hour)outside what was Irwins chemist However hadnt heard of a timescale for these works.can only imagine the traffic disruption though

Ciarrai 76 -Heard about one year ago that all of Castle St is top be dug up from AIB up past Dom O Donnells to replace old lead pipes which have many leaks.
    Also told that theres a huge leak (losing thousands of litres per hour)outside what was Irwins chemist However hadnt heard of a timescale for these works.can only imagine the traffic disruption though

Its apparently due to start in a few weeks. Apparently starting from the Sportsfield bar in Boherbee & down towards Castle street. We are quite concerned as they said road will be closed off. Big worry for us. I can't seem to find any info on the Irish water page yet.
    Obviously its a job that has to be done, but so little information for business owners and residents in the area. No idea if a portion of road will be open for local access or deliveries. We will have to speak to others in the area and see how its all going to work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

There was a story in the Kerry’s Eye before Christmas (think it might have been December 19th) about a little boy who had issues with his eyesight. The story centered around the setup of a GoFundMe page to fund treatment.

Anybody have a link, screenshot or info on the story?

Thanks.

More Music wrote: »
    There was a story in the Kerry’s Eye before Christmas (think it might have been December 19th) about a little boy who had issues with his eyesight. The story centered around the setup of a GoFundMe page to fund treatment.

Anybody have a link, screenshot or info on the story?

Thanks.

I think You can look up the articles on their website. Coincidentally there is a column in this weeks paper clarifying that actual article. Something about the Bons hospital saying that the child isn’t a patient of there’s. I don’t know what the original article was about but it looks as though that one was incorrect.

Apparently there’s a new shop called the Woolen market opening in Tralee in a month or two. I heard it was in Ashe Street but I don’t know where. They are advertising for staff on indeed.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Apparently there’s a new shop called the Woolen market opening in Tralee in a month or two. I heard it was in Ashe Street but I don’t know where. They are advertising for staff on indeed.ie.

Has any business gone into the shop on the corner across from the courthouse?
    If not, then perhaps it will open up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

That's s solicitors office for the last few months I believe

• Advertisement

The one on the corner, which used to be a crafts shop, is now a solicitors office.

Advertisement