Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Went to spa seafoods today. they don't do calamari so that's a dead end.
    Ordered from Lana on the way back and ended up spending 300 next store in Regatta.
    All together a good day. I'm going to enjoy living in Kerry :)

Regatta have some serious bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

You'll never regret buying very good outdoor wear.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

You'll never regret buying very good outdoor wear.

I normally buy from their UK site which always has good discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

See some muppet was caught doing 200kph on the Castleisland Abbeyfeale road, hope they throw the book at him.

See some muppet was caught doing 200kph on the Castleisland Abbeyfeale road, hope they throw the book at him.

He'd never catch it going that fast.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

I had hoped the boy racer thing had died off. Twas massive in the time before the downturn. Recession came late 2008 and it disappeared like a fart in the wind.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I had hoped the boy racer thing had died off. Twas massive in the time before the downturn. Recession came late 2008 and it disappeared like a fart in the wind.

I don't think it disappeared unfortunately. I always hear cars doing 'donuts' near where we live. Plenty of evidence of it too on the Killarney/Cork roads etc with all the tyre marks from their donuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

its still only 120mph in my younger days often did alot more, never borthered with donuts only a waste of rubber, young and stupid be young and stupid i guess

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I don't think it disappeared unfortunately. I always hear cars doing 'donuts' near where we live. Plenty of evidence of it too on the Killarney/Cork roads etc with all the tyre marks from their donuts.

Ya I guess. Twould always rear up again during the rally of the lakes.

But seeing swathes of sh@tty civics/starlets/skylines lined up late at night outside horans or revving up and down Castleisland in 1st gear died a rapid death.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Kerry V Dublin game is a sell out already

Should be a good night in town

• Advertisement

Kerry V Dublin game is a sell out already

Should be a good night in town

No point Kerry making the journey up to Croker ;)

I must get a Dublin flag while I'm up here to stick outside my house at the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ComputerTech

Do anyone know whats going on in Lohercannon? ... part of it is closed off with a fulltime Garda presence and 4 Garda cars and a van ?

Do anyone know whats going on in Lohercannon? ... part of it is closed off with a fulltime Garda presence and 4 Garda cars and a van ?

Google is a wonderful invention :)

https://www.radiokerry.ie/tralee-gardai-preserving-scene-outskirts-town/

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Listowel Man

the manor west shopping center is a credit to the people of tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

the manor west shopping center is a credit to the people of tralee

Completely. They took the cookie cutter out of town faceless shopping/retail concept and really ran with it. Hopefully some day all retail in the town will close (maybe the council could introduce a flat ten euro per hour parking fee) and everyone can just go to manor.

A fine shopping center in fairness. Big employer too I'd say, I always enjoy shopping in there.

The free parking is par for the course in all out of town shopping centers and they have nearly every other facility too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

First time walking down town on a Sunday in a good while. There was a nice footfall around but well over 60 percent of the shops were closed. Absolute joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

adam88 wrote: »
    First time walking down town on a Sunday in a good while. There was a nice footfall around but well over 60 percent of the shops were closed. Absolute joke

It doesn't pay to open....you should ask the businesses

It doesn't pay to open....you should ask the businesses

I popped into a few shops. There was people spending money.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Do people seriously have nothing better to be doing than to go shopping on a Sunday afternoon? For the benefit of those working in retail, I'm glad not all the shops feel the need to open on a Sunday.

• Advertisement

I popped into a few shops. There was people spending money.

Pennys...... yeah.... most businesses have tried the Sunday opening in town... doesn't pay for the electricity, ..you should ask, you might find out all about fiscal reality

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

People just go to town for food and drink

Theres not much in town one couldnt get cheaper /easier in manor.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I tend to go to Manor on a Sunday, but not more than once a month really. Its not a bad shopping centre, but it could be better. I tend to be in town more often. I think the main shops in town that are open on a Sunday is enough really. A lot of shops are independent retailers and some tend to have the owners or very few staff working in them. They might already work 6 days a week themselves, so I can't blame them for closing on a Sunday. It really doesn't pay all businesses to open if there aren't enough customers.

So that Woolen Market is opening up in the old Regatta unit on Ashe Street. Apparently they will begin their refit of the unit on Thursday. They say on their Facebook page they will open from 10am-8pm 7 days a week. I can’t imagine why they would open until 8pm 7 days a week. They will find that extremely quiet most evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Hi Ciarrai, how long of a walk from the Ashe hotel to the GAA grounds? Will be there on Saturday and don't know whether I'd be better off walking or driving. Thanks.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Hi Ciarrai, how long of a walk from the Ashe hotel to the GAA grounds? Will be there on Saturday and don't know whether I'd be better off walking or driving. Thanks.

10 mins. Certainly no more than 15

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

10 mins. Certainly no more than 15

Thank you.

Fann Linn wrote: »

You are better off walking. You won’t get much parking up around there anyway. As said, only about a 10 minute walk to the grounds from the hotel.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    You are better off walking. You won’t get much parking up around there anyway. As said, only about a 10 minute walk to the grounds from the hotel.

Defo walk. You’ll only end up parking the same distance on the other side of town. Easily 10 minute walk

• Advertisement

Irish water will be working in the boherbee area of town starting next Monday... traffic will be 1 way until the works are completed...in approx 3 months

Advertisement