Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

This a real 'doctors differ, patients die' sort of thing. Home cake makers in some counties can make gluten free cakes for sale alongside making ordinary ones, yes they are supposed to be careful and all that but no separate kitchen is required. However in other counties it is not allowed, seems to be all down to the EHO you get or the interpretation of the rules by the local HSE office. Same applies to the use of your own eggs if you keep chickens, some EHOs allow it, some don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Some action taking place in the old Mannix shop at clash cross, porch gone, new shutters up and windows are "whited" out.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

on another note, I was walking up castle street this evening, traffic was busy, both up and down at the lights at St. John's. The first car was taking his illegal right turn into St. John's church but traffic was so busy coming into town the lights had changed back to red before he could go. He then went on the red, but he held up all the other traffic behind him.

When will people cop on and realise they cannot do this, or why can't we close the gates at St. John's unless there is a funeral?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

just came home after a great night in the Ballymac bar, they were celebrating Eugie Creighs 60 years in business.
    great music from Mossy and Derry O'Shea, good food and great craic.
    Well done to Eugie in keeping a great family bar all these years(and yes I'm pretty drunk):D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

bobdcow wrote: »
    Some action taking place in the old Mannix shop at clash cross, porch gone, new shutters up and windows are "whited" out.

I wonder who is taking it over?

There's also work going on in the old Taste of Italy/Giussepe's cafe in Edward St.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

slightly off topic but is the Tralee thread visible to the rest of you as a sticky on the new look Boards site? I couldn't see it in the Kerry forum so it's only when I clicked back into this legacy site, that I could see this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

No its not in the new site look.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ongarboy wrote: »
    slightly off topic but is the Tralee thread visible to the rest of you as a sticky on the new look Boards site? I couldn't see it in the Kerry forum so it's only when I clicked back into this legacy site, that I could see this thread.

Its been noted on the thread to fix any issues. In the meantime just keep using the older site until all issues have been resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

The new site is a balls and the legacy site will be kept anyway.
    The old adage, if it ain't broke don't fix it hasn't made it to Dav and his bosses it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I can see the thread on the new site: But unstickied threads are more visible. Might need to be something to look at down the line?

The site has grown too big for the v bulletin software. They've been saying it since I joined in 2009... It's not just change for the sake of it. All new software has bugs but it's far better on mobile than the old site I find, bugs not withstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Great line up of acts and entertainment announced for the extended festival this year well done to all involved!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭mullyboyee

Don't know if I'm allowed post this here (mods feel free to remove if not).

Tomorrow Thursday 28th there is a charity event on in Quarters organised by 4th year students in IT Tralee.

It's a lip sync battle between contestants. Doors at 9pm and it's 8 euro admission with all proceeds going to Pieta House.

Dj and all that til late but even if people wanted to donate and weren't out for the night they could pop in for the hour or so it will be on and know that their donation is going straight to Pieta House.

mullyboyee wrote: »
    Don't know if I'm allowed post this here (mods feel free to remove if not).

Tomorrow Thursday 28th there is a charity event on in Quarters organised by 4th year students in IT Tralee.

It's a lip sync battle between contestants. Doors at 9pm and it's 8 euro admission with all proceeds going to Pieta House.

Dj and all that til late but even if people wanted to donate and weren't out for the night they could pop in for the hour or so it will be on and know that their donation is going straight to Pieta House.

There's No problem posting. Its for a very good cause!

The new two way system for Denny Street is due to be done by the end of August!
    http://traleetoday.ie/denny-street-two-way-traffic-system-rose-festival/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    The new two way system for Denny Street is due to be done by the end of August!
    http://traleetoday.ie/denny-street-two-way-traffic-system-rose-festival/
    Feels like we've been here before :rolleyes:

Cut out parking in Denny Street and it's easily done

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

Changing to parallel parking will reduce the parking spaces on Denny street in half and it's already near impossible to get a spot there.
    A street cam showing all those attempts at parking would be a fun idea. Imagine the hold up while people try to parallel park :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

So basically, does that mean if you are coming from the Brandon hotel, you can turn right again at Counihans into Ivy Terrace and continue up Denny Street onto Ashe Street or Castle Street that way? That' should be handy as you will avoid Rock Street/Russell Street/Mall.

ongarboy wrote: »
    So basically, does that mean if you are coming from the Brandon hotel, you can turn right again at Counihans into Ivy Terrace and continue up Denny Street onto Ashe Street or Castle Street that way? That' should be handy as you will avoid Rock Street/Russell Street/Mall.

Yeah, same as it used to be years ago, apart from the parallel parking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Yeah, same as it used to be years ago, apart from the parallel parking.
    Didn't we also have parallel parking on Denny Street before

Didn't we also have parallel parking on Denny Street before

Don't know, must have been before my time! :rolleyes:

I noticed Cleary's Jewellers in Bridge street are closing down. There's a clearance sale on if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sweet girl

Hair and Make up in Tralee

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a place to get hair and make up done during the Rose of Tralee festival? I will be staying in the Ashe hotel so somewhere near that would be handy but main priority is somewhere that can do modern styles.

sweet girl wrote: »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a place to get hair and make up done during the Rose of Tralee festival? I will be staying in the Ashe hotel so somewhere near that would be handy but main priority is somewhere that can do modern styles.

You'll only be a 5 min walk from Peter Marks for hair and the glam pod for makeup about 30m from Marks

sweet girl wrote: »

There are loads of hair salon's in Tralee town, so you won't be far from any. I would however recommend one that is very close to the Ashe Hotel called Plush Brow & Beauty. It is literally at the end of the road to that hotel. They do hair, beauty & make-up. I find them really good.
    https://www.facebook.com/PlushBrowAndBeautyLounge/?fref=ts

Another one I'd recommend is Sean Taaffe's Hair, which is in Castle street, and only a few minutes walk from the hotel too. http://seantaaffe.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Can anyone recommend a minibus company. I'm looking for someone to take 10 of us from Tralee to Killarney and back. I'm trying to organise a day at the races for a birthday in August.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

jos28 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a minibus company. I'm looking for someone to take 10 of us from Tralee to Killarney and back. I'm trying to organise a day at the races for a birthday in August.
    Cheers

Jackie Power travelvet would do it I'd say 066 713 6300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks a million folks, I'll check those out

Advertisement