Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The old Minstrels bar building is being demolished tonight. I think they will be doing more tomorrow night too. It was an eye sore the last few years. It will be good to see a new modern building when it’s rebuilt.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Its not permanent, they will be reopening again in another spot. I don’t know when or where, but they are due to reopen. Apparently the lease was up where they were and the landlord wanted to increase the rent so they decided not to renew the lease there.

A bit strange though that Vera Moda, which is the same company, is still open in the unit next door. Indeed the two units are interlinked.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Quackster wrote: »
    A bit strange though that Vera Moda, which is the same company, is still open in the unit next door. Indeed the two units are interlinked.

Yeah it’s a bit strange. But I think Vero Moda May have opened after Jack & Jones and could possibly do the same thing when lease is up. They may both move.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Is there any nightclub in Tralee anymore? Fabrik is gone and the Horan's Centre one seems to be closed also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is there any nightclub in Tralee anymore? Fabrik is gone and the Horan's Centre one seems to be closed also.

No only Late Bars. The Abbey, Hennessy’s, The Blasket and Benners Hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CinderKone

The great Spirals is long gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Benners open their nightclub occasionally on bank holiday weekends or for other special nights.

The road works in Boherbee are really dragging on now. It looks like they are behind schedule as they haven’t even started on lower Castle Street Down as far as AIB yet and they are meant to be finished in 2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Last I heard about Fabric was that there is noting left inside the building now

And the plan was to set it up as a hub and have rental office units in there

Last I heard about Fabric was that there is noting left inside the building now

And the plan was to set it up as a hub and have rental office units in there

There’s a gym opening in there in & around June!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

The road works in Boherbee are really dragging on now. It looks like they are behind schedule as they haven’t even started on lower Castle Street Down as far as AIB yet and they are meant to be finished in 2 weeks!
    Looks like they have the water main in and are now connecting the houses and shops.

Looks like they have the water main in and are now connecting the houses and shops.

Yeah, that’s what they have been doing for over a week now!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭StrikingOut

There’s a gym opening in there in & around June!

Interesting! Any idea who? Is it a franchise I wonder?

Interesting! Any idea who? Is it a franchise I wonder?

Yeah I know the woman opening it, Maeve Frawley. She is a personal trainer & runs classes in Monavalley, She is also a sports & leisure lecturer in the ITT and owns a gym in Newcastle West called the Arena. I think that's what she will be naming this gym too.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭StrikingOut

Yeah I know the woman opening it, Maeve Frawley. She is a personal trainer & runs classes in Monavalley, She is also a sports & leisure lecturer in the ITT and owns a gym in Newcastle West called the Arena. I think that's what she will be naming this gym too.

That’s great news, I’m delighted for her. It’s great to see people with a bit of ambition. I hope she makes a success of it.

That’s great news, I’m delighted for her. It’s great to see people with a bit of ambition. I hope she makes a success of it.

She's a lovely lady and a very hard worker. I hope it does well for her. I have been going to her classes for years and love it, so I am looking forward to joining her gym too. Its been years since I joined a gym, and I can't wait to see how it looks when its finished.

I just read on Facebook that Fitzgibbon interiors are moving into the big glass unit in Manor, which used to be a car sales showroom. They said on their page they will be open there this summer! It will be good to finally see the unit filled again.

Not looking good for Debenhams globally which have gone into administration with 50 yet to be announced stores to close. It said the most under-performing stores would shut - hopefully Tralee isn't part of that list!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47864580

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

ongarboy wrote: »
    Not looking good for Debenhams globally which have gone into administration with 50 yet to be announced stores to close. It said the most under-performing stores would shut - hopefully Tralee isn't part of that list!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47864580

They were on the list some years ago when they were going into administration... could be dodgy unfortunately.

If Debenhams went, what would go in there? They would need something to attract customers.

• Advertisement

If Debenhams went, what would go in there? They would need something to attract customers.

M&S...don't think that's ever been mentioned for that area?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Erik Shun wrote: »

I’d be fairly sure Tesco have an exclusivity agreement for the centre.
    Maybe they could section it off into 5/6 new units;there would be plenty of interest. The place is crying out for a fast food restaurant. KFC or Supermacs would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Forge83 wrote: »
    Maybe they could section it off into 5/6 new units;there would be plenty of interest. The place is crying out for a fast food restaurant. KFC or Supermacs would be great.

BK is only over the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

BK is only over the road.

It’s not in the shopping center though..... like most shopping centers.
    Sure McDonalds is closer than BK.

Erik Shun wrote: »

You would never know. It is the most obvious option.

Forge83 wrote: »

I don't think there are any exclusively agreements in place anymore.... Gloria Jean's, Costa and Starbucks
    Curry's, Harvey Norman...if someone throws a ball of money there way, it want be refused

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The adminstration (and fifty store closures) only apply to the core UK business. The Irish operation is a legally-separate subsidiary.

It wouldn't surprise me though if the Debenhams Ireland unit were offloaded to Sports Direct. (They're mad to get their claws into any part of the carcass!)

In that case, hopefully it would be rebranded as House of Fraser but the fear would be that some or all of the stores would get a Sports Direct makeover!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ComputerTech

Do anyone know, when is the new "Tralee Primary Medical Centre" is due to open in Edwards street? or is it like the Children Hospital in Dublin !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Do anyone know, when is the new "Tralee Primary Medical Centre" is due to open in Edwards street? or is it like the Children Hospital in Dublin !!

Wasnt there a piece in the Kerrys Eye about that a few weeks back, there will be a cafe in the building as well

• Advertisement

Regarding the Primary Care Centre, it seems like they have signs for Flynn Construction plastered on the windows for the last 2 years suggesting work underway but no actual visible progress!

Advertisement