Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,065 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

A movement started by an attention seeker from the North who last year married a pirate ghost from 300 years ago, unfortunately it didn't work and they got separated.

Who are you actually referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I see Tralee has been chosen as a finalist in the 2019 Foodie destinations of Ireland.

The winner will be chosen by an online vote, so much potential for business if this award was won.

https://www.radiokerry.ie/tralee-named-finalist-2019-foodie-destinations/

Its been a while since there was conversation about places to eat on here

Has anyone eaten in the re opened Allegro or what ever its now called?

Tralee is just as good as any of the "foodie" towns plenty of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,065 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The drag queen bloke or the person calling herself Alisa Rose, who might also be a drag queen for all I know? :p

Both seem to be on a mission to get free publicity by milking the situation for all it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The drag queen bloke or the person calling herself Alisa Rose, who might also be a drag queen for all I know? :p

Both seem to be on a mission to get free publicity by milking the situation for all it's worth.

Exactly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

What happened to the Edenburn Hospital building after it was closed. Is the building still there or was it demolished?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Radio5 wrote: »
    What happened to the Edenburn Hospital building after it was closed. Is the building still there or was it demolished?

Never heard of it. Was it in Tralee?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Its been a while since there was conversation about places to eat on here

Has anyone eaten in the re opened Allegro or what ever its now called?

Tralee is just as good as any of the "foodie" towns plenty of options.

It’s called Grill n’ Thrill now. I’ve heard it’s good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    It’s called Grill n’ Thrill now. I’ve heard it’s good.
    It's fantastic. Best falafel I've tasted and the coffee is great. The staff are lovely, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Never heard of it. Was it in Tralee?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edenburn

Ballymac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It's fantastic. Best falafel I've tasted and the coffee is great. The staff are lovely, too.

I was wary. Must give it a go!

Adiboo wrote: »

Thanks, never heard of it before!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭StrikingOut

Radio5 wrote: »

It’s a family residence again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Dunnes Stores moves on vacant sites after retailers' backlash

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/dunnes-stores-moves-on-vacant-sites-after-retailers-backlash-38330738.html

Wow, the long empty Dunnes in Tralee town centre is on the verge of being let to Danish homeware/furniture retailer Jysk according to today's Sunday Independent!

Great news! Idea if what they sell per their website below.

Jysk.ie

ongarboy wrote: »

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/dunnes-stores-moves-on-vacant-sites-after-retailers-backlash-38330738.html

Wow, the long empty Dunnes in Tralee town centre is on the verge of being let to Danish homeware/furniture retailer Jysk according to today's Sunday Independent!

Jysk.ie

Looks like they are very similar to Ikea! Would be great if it’s true. Glad to see Dunnes are finally seeing sense.

ongarboy wrote: »

Jysk.ie

Any idea how to pronounce that? 'Yusk'?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Any idea how to pronounce that? 'Yusk'?

Yep, that's a close approximation!

Quackster wrote: »
    Yep, that's a close approximation!

I knew my addiction to Scandinavian TV shows would pay of eventually!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I knew my addiction to Scandinavian TV shows would pay of eventually!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

I'm potentially moving to Tralee for work in early September and will need to find accommodation.

Any recommendations on areas to rent a house/apartment, and areas to avoid?

• Advertisement

The signs are up on the unit Homesavers is going into. Its right next to Corcorans in Mileheight retail park. The are due to open in a few weeks I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

It’s a family residence again.

Good to hear that it didn't go to ruin like many buildings when they are closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

I'm potentially moving to Tralee for work in early September and will need to find accommodation.

Give pro-plan a ring, should be able to sort you out.

No real areas to avoid, but better to get onto an estate agent in the town to see what they have available and they can advise as to what the area is like. Would advise you go see the properties though as you can get a feel for the area yourself. Most estate agents won’t rent without you seeing it first anyway.

Has anyone heard anything about when Castle street will reopen to traffic? I noticed yesterday that they have taken away the big beams that were supporting the building and some of the scaffolding which was on the road. I wonder will it be reopened again soon, especially before the festival starts!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Has anyone heard anything about when Castle street will reopen to traffic? I noticed yesterday that they have taken away the big beams that were supporting the building and some of the scaffolding which was on the road. I wonder will it be reopened again soon, especially before the festival starts!

Baileys reopening this weekend

g1983d wrote: »
    Baileys reopening this weekend

That’s good news

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Is there a reason that the festival is a week later this year? Some schools are back on the Monday, even before the 1st televised selection. A lot of schools would be back on the Wednesday and Thursday of that week. It was nice to have the bones of a week after the festival before school started to enjoy the bazzar etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

bobdcow wrote: »
    Is there a reason that the festival is a week later this year? Some schools are back on the Monday, even before the 1st televised selection. A lot of schools would be back on the Wednesday and Thursday of that week. It was nice to have the bones of a week after the festival before school started to enjoy the bazzar etc...

That usually happens every couple of years. The only reason I know is I usually have a few days or so off after working for puck fair, if it were to follow its normal pattern I’d be going straight from puck into the festival.

• Advertisement

Castle street has fully reopened to traffic this evening. Baileys corner is also reopening as of 8pm!

Advertisement