Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Looks like Homesavers will be opening soon in manor. Behind Corcoran's

• Registered Users Posts: 24,065 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The big sign outside saying "opening soon" is the big give away :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The big sign outside saying "opening soon" is the big give away :p

IT is, but the shelves are now fully stocked.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Saturday the 10th going by their Facebook.

IT is, but the shelves are now fully stocked.....:)

It actually looked like they were open when I drove up there on Friday, until I saw the sign.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The amusements/ euroshow funfair is already up in the Brandon carpark! I was surprised to see it this morning and its starting today! More attractions are to arrive next week. Seems so early?

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    The amusements/ euroshow funfair is already up in the Brandon carpark! I was surprised to see it this morning and its starting today! More attractions are to arrive next week. Seems so early?

Don't you mean the Bazaar? :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Adiboo wrote: »
    Don't you mean the Bazaar? :pac:

Oh yes, of course, forgot the 'Bazaar'! :D

As kids we used to call it either the hurdy gurdys or Birds bazaar!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

Does anyone have the code for Kerrys Eye fantasy football league?
    Thanks and sorry for posting here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

fatalll wrote: »
    Does anyone have the code for Kerrys Eye fantasy football league?
    Thanks and sorry for posting here

I think this is still valid

296962-92094

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

Looks like they've changed the format this year

Our Fantasy Football code ⁦@Kerrys_Eye⁩; is - asgqe4 - why not join in the fun https://t.co/x1Qe1eug3V

Mirage in the mall is closing down due to retirement. I remember when they opened down in abbey court, they've been around a long time. There are a lot of buildings between there and Bridge street up for sale now. Caballs, Quinlans pub, Derrys shoes building (is he closing?), the hairdressers, which used to be a chemist, the building next to Caballs, Dunnes stores building and Pat Lovett's up the lane by Shaws (he's moved up Boherbee). Hopefully they will be bought/leased soon!

There's also the old Shindig building next to Shaws, I thought the Brogue bought it and were going to be opening something in there? What's happening with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Clab mor wrote: »

What am I missing here, is there an anti Rose of Tralee brigade?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Who hates it??:rolleyes:

I am really looking forward to going to see the Hothouse flowers on Friday night! Its years since I've seen them play. Can't wait! :D

Every year the majority of Roses are either primary school teachers or nurses. Are they the only profession to apply? Or are other professions not "lovely"enough to make it to the final stages.

Though I did see a Rose from Australia (via Limerick) works in a men's maximum security prison. Interested to hear from her.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Who hates it??:rolleyes:

I am really looking forward to going to see the Hothouse flowers on Friday night! Its years since I've seen them play. Can't wait! :D

To be fair its a dramatic collapse since the halcyon days of the god father of soul James Brown and the ambient strumming of the Beautiful South in 1999.

If the roof was their child, they would have raised it. Unfortunately I was little more than a child myself at the time and did not appreciate it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

What am I missing here, is there an anti Rose of Tralee brigade?

Sure it does nothing for the town!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Hello All.
    Does anyone know if the council has finished the roadworks at the level crossing in Farranfore? We had to divert to the Castleisland roundabout on Friday.

• Advertisement

Adiboo wrote: »
    Every year the majority of Roses are either primary school teachers or nurses. Are they the only profession to apply? Or are other professions not "lovely"enough to make it to the final stages.

Though I did see a Rose from Australia (via Limerick) works in a men's maximum security prison. Interested to hear from her.

I think that you can probably blame the selection process on all the Rose of Tralee "cliques" around the World, and that many potential candidates wouldn't get a look in if they didn't fit a certain limited criteria. My experience of observing "cliques" in the UK is that the organisers seem to fit the bill of what I describe as The Rose of Tralee Diddly-Aye Mafia. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Sure it does nothing for the town!!!

Is that an actual quote from someone who lives in Tralee?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Was in Tesco Manor West last week and noticed that they have reduced their fresh meat selection considerably. The fresh fish selection is pretty sparse also. Does Supervalu have a good fresh meat or fish section?

Was in Tesco Manor West last week and noticed that they have reduced their fresh meat selection considerably. The fresh fish selection is pretty sparse also. Does Supervalu have a good fresh meat or fish section?

Never bought from there, but does look a good selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Supervalu fish counter selection is excellent. You'll pay, but quality is superb..

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Something I've noticed happening a lot over the last 2 weeks - The junction by Ivy Terracy, at Counihans shop where you turn left for the Aqua Dome and right for town - Cars turning right are stopping at the lights intended for traffic lining up on the Brandon Hotel side of the road. This is causing a back log of traffic down to the bazzar and they only go when the light turns green.

This used to happen a lot when that junction was first made, they solved it by putting a screen over the red light facing down to the Brandon so when you turned right at Counihan's shop you couldn't see it and you kept driving!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

bobdcow wrote: »
    Something I've noticed happening a lot over the last 2 weeks - The junction by Ivy Terracy, at Counihans shop where you turn left for the Aqua Dome and right for town - Cars turning right are stopping at the lights intended for traffic lining up on the Brandon Hotel side of the road. This is causing a back log of traffic down to the bazzar and they only go when the light turns green.

This used to happen a lot when that junction was first made, they solved it by putting a screen over the red light facing down to the Brandon so when you turned right at Counihan's shop you couldn't see it and you kept driving!

And I've seen the exact opposite happening at the junction of Castle St and Denny St. Some fools don't seem to realise that the traffic signals between Costa & AIB and the signals between AIB & Paddy Mac's are entirely separate and independent of each other.

The end result have been some near misses with these fools coming from Denny St driving through red lights at AIB/Paddy Mac's and narrowly avoiding colliding with pedestrians crossing on a green man.

bobdcow wrote: »

Yeah I see this happening a lot! I don't see how a person thinks its even logical!? So stupid!

Hello All.
    Does anyone know if the council has finished the roadworks at the level crossing in Farranfore? We had to divert to the Castleisland roundabout on Friday.

Sorry seeing this late, but it was open yesterday, Sunday.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    And I've seen the exact opposite happening at the junction of Castle St and Denny St. Some fools don't seem to realise that the traffic signals between Costa & AIB and the signals between AIB & Paddy Mac's are entirely separate and independent of each other.

The end result have been some near misses with these fools coming from Denny St driving through red lights at AIB/Paddy Mac's and narrowly avoiding colliding with pedestrians crossing on a green man.

Saw this debated ages ago on Tralee do you know and most people agreed it was traffic from Denny st that has the right of way. Some guy kept trying to argue that it was the mall...which its not as it has yield signs!
    I've seen a lot of Taxis just pull straight out without looking!

Advertisement