Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Quackster wrote: »
    Section 18 of the Intoxicating Liquor Act 2000 only allows a new licence to be created for a premises that never previously had a licence.

But could you buy an existing licence and put it on that building????? Licences aren’t that dear anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

A theatre license would be an option if someone was to open it as a live music venue.

But no alcohol? I'm not sure they'd be much of a go for that around tralee. We already have Siamsa Tire

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deuces wild

But no alcohol? I'm not sure they'd be much of a go for that around tralee. We already have Siamsa Tire

A theatre license allows you to sell alcohol only when you have an event on e.g. The Olympia would have a theatre license.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deuces wild

adam88 wrote: »
    But could you buy an existing licence and put it on that building????? Licences aren’t that dear anymore

No.When you transfer a license you create a new one.The current one ceases to exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

No.When you transfer a license you create a new one.The current one ceases to exist.

Interesting, what’s the thinking behind not allowing a building not get a licence back ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Clab mor wrote: »

Read that a couple of months ago in paper that they were one of the big names coming to Tralee. No idea where they are planning to go into. Great news though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

That's mad, who buys CD's these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

xxyyzz wrote: »

I was in the one in athlone recently and they'd a good selection of vinyl but I was the only one there the whole time I was in the shop, no one came in. Unless they are going to do a pop up shop, I can't see it lasting

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ger's Place up in Shanakill has closed down

Must have been hard to compete against the Burger Shack up that end of the town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Forge83

Ger's Place up in Shanakill has closed down

Must have been hard to compete against the Burger Shack up that end of the town

Food was poor. Took the family there when it opened and said never again.
    You only get one chance in a food business to gain returning customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I asked myself that question too but it seems there is still a demand for physical product for music and films/tv boxsets etc from some people. Vinyl is making a comeback too. Golden Discs having been opening stores across Ireland lately so there must be some profit to be made. Glad to see it come to Tralee though! I wonder will they go into where Jack'n'Jones used to be? Gas if they moved into the old Lee Records unit which I believe is still vacant.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I would. I’m probably the minority, but I really like listening to my cds still and have kept most of mine. I rarely download much and since Apple stopped allowing us use any cds we burned onto iTunes, I rarely listen to my downloads and go back to my favourite albums in cd form. My husband has got back into vinyls as have many people I know. I see Hugh Cullotys have started selling Vinyl too.

ongarboy wrote: »
    I asked myself that question too but it seems there is still a demand for physical product for music and films/tv boxsets etc from some people. Vinyl is making a comeback too. Golden Discs having been opening stores across Ireland lately so there must be some profit to be made. Glad to see it come to Tralee though! I wonder will they go into where Jack'n'Jones used to be? Gas if they moved into the old Lee Records unit which I believe is still vacant.

I was thinking Jack & Jones too, but maybe the old Lee records would also be an option. There is also the unit where Benetton were until recently. Dying to know where they are going!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I'm not surprised Gers is gone tbh, it was higgledy-piggledy from the start, a pointless poorly stocked 'shop', not a proper restaurant or a proper takeaway
    The choice of paint on the outside was always poor. Questionable food...
    And all this with an top quality restaurant like the burger shack dowm the road

I'm not surprised Gers is gone tbh, it was higgledy-piggledy from the start, a pointless poorly stocked 'shop', not a proper restaurant or a proper takeaway
    The choice of paint on the outside was always poor. Questionable food...
    And all this with an top quality restaurant like the burger shack dowm the road

Is burgers shack all its cracked up to be? I've heard good things but I've never eaten there.

Is burgers shack all its cracked up to be? I've heard good things but I've never eaten there.

Believe me it is, some evenings you cant get your foot in the door it does be so busy.

Never found the fascination with the place. I've eaten there a few times, nothing very spectacular. I'd much rather the green rooster if its burgers and chips im after

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Average chipper fare. Agree with above, prefer Green Rooster. Their homemade chips and homemade vinegar are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Its consistently good IMO, they also do homemade chips and there isnt much between them and Green Rooster IMO.
    I have got a few take away lunches there recently (Turkey and ham) and they were the best quality I have had, and we have tried Griffins, Rays, Gers, and Corrib Oil

• Advertisement

The shnakes in the council are at it again. They tried to get a 5% LPT tax increase through last year and were stopped only by the fact that Norma Foley was the chairperson.

This year they are trying to get a 13% increase. If they actually enforce the parking laws around the town, maybe they wouldn't be under such financial pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,065 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

uchimata83 wrote: »
    The shnakes in the council are at it again. They tried to get a 5% LPT tax increase through last year and were stopped only by the fact that Norma Foley was the chairperson.

This year they are trying to get a 13% increase. If they actually enforce the parking laws around the town, maybe they wouldn't be under such financial pressure.

The people at KCC have always treated the people of Kerry as if we were mere mortals, and always seem to come up with hare-brained schemes for making money, and always seem to end up paying more to make nothing, or even a loss. I think their latest scheme is to allow companies to splatter wind turbines and battery storage depts all over North Kerry, after deciding that that's all that NK is good for. They must be expecting to make a sh/tload of money out of that particular project, and trample over the objectors in the process.

I think that the entire KCC operation should be put under a microscope, as I wouldn't trust them as far as they could throw me.

Its consistently good IMO, they also do homemade chips and there isnt much between them and Green Rooster IMO.
    I have got a few take away lunches there recently (Turkey and ham) and they were the best quality I have had, and we have tried Griffins, Rays, Gers, and Corrib Oil

Where is Griffins?

Adiboo wrote: »
    Where is Griffins?

Next door to Argos

Believe me it is, some evenings you cant get your foot in the door it does be so busy.

Right. I'll bite the burger this weekend and flake away in and report back.

But I should warn you I work away up the country by week and I'm used to these Italian chippers up here.

It's going to be a tough act to follow.

uchimata83 wrote: »

A 10% increase was agreed for the property tax next year! Apparently 5 councillors were absent from the vote today! Great to see them work so hard for us! :mad:

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    A 10% increase was agreed for the property tax next year! Apparently 5 councillors were absent from the vote today! Great to see them work so hard for us! :mad:

Do we know who?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Forge83

I like both the Green Rooster and burger shack, but you cannot compare their homemade chips, the Green Rooster are miles better.
    I could be wrong but I’d say the burger shacks are vacuum packed bought in while the Green Roosters are fresh made in house.

Burger shacks dinners are lovely but a little expensive. I normally go for Griffins in Horan center as very fast, good food and portion size at great prices. Easy parking too.
    For massive portion sizes Rays on rock street is great if you are in town.

Recently had a quarter pounder in Corrib oil(from Terry’s butchers). Probably the best burger in town if you don’t mind a slightly longer than normal wait.
    On Corrib oil, I wonder how their Chopped counter does, I’m yet to see anyone ordering from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CinderKone

Anyone know what Pure Telecom is like, as they have somehow persuaded my father to take an account with them. He is usually with Eircom and does not use the internet.
    thanks

• Advertisement

Adiboo wrote: »
    Do we know who?

I only heard it on Radio Kerry around 5.30pm, and I don't think they named who wasn't there.

Advertisement