Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

[HTML][/HTML]

Yes. Some of the same faces there today that were out for the same sex marriage/abortion protests. You just need to convince a few to help push through the agenda of the day.

Don't understand your point. The 3 are not related.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Anyone know what the incident was in the new Corrib filling station was tonight ... I never seen so many Garda cars and vans in one spot in Tralee ... filling store closed as a result?
    Man due in court after three men attacked with hammer at Tralee filling station https://jrnl.ie/4848679

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ComputerTech

Well fair play to the Garda in Tralee they were really "on the ball" on this one in fairness ... well done to all involved a good nights work !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

uchimata83 wrote: »
    There was a climate protest in today circling the pedestrian crossings by the huddle. Ironically slowing traffic on an already tight roundabout. There were more gards there than protesters and not many of them looked like they took time off work to take part.

I laughed listening to Kerry radio reporting an "incident" in Tralee and warning motorists to avoid the area. I thought it was something serious and then they refer to their being s protest. Dramatic to say the least :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I laughed listening to Kerry radio reporting an "incident" in Tralee and warning motorists to avoid the area. I thought it was something serious and then they refer to their being s protest. Dramatic to say the least :)

The change that was introduced for the traffic lights at the train station corner has done more to jam up the traffic in that part of the town than any "protest" could do. I wouldn't actually call it a protest - just a show of awareness pointing out the damage that is being done to the Earth by carbon pollution.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Golden Disks are opening this weekend in Abbey court (old Jack & Jones unit). 6 jobs created and more to be added during Christmas season.

Looking forward to it opening now!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

I notice small Tescos in the town centre is being reduced in size. Its loosing two aisles on the Guineys side. The staff seem to think a new unit is being put in there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The new woollen Mills shop in ashe St has closed already. Barely there 6 months I'd say.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    The new woollen Mills shop in ashe St has closed already. Barely there 6 months I'd say.

That was destined for closure,,,,, walked past that frozen yogurt shop yesterday, how they’re still opened is also beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I notice small Tescos in the town centre is being reduced in size. Its loosing two aisles on the Guineys side. The staff seem to think a new unit is being put in there.

Are you sure they're shrinking it? That would require planning permission. Was in earlier and they seem to be rejigging the entire layout, moving alcohol to the far end, as they have done in other stores, to comply with the Public Health Alcohol Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I know no one can predict with certainty how a business will do but you'd wonder how much market research that company did when deciding to open in Tralee? The town does not attract the Aran sweater diddle-e-eye tourists that throng Killarney or Dingle.

Good news on Golden Discs. The Jack and Jones store is a fine sized shop and glad to see it quickly re-occupied.

Specsavers opening soon posters on the Mirage building so work underway there as well.

ongarboy wrote: »
    I know no one can predict with certainty how a business will do but you'd wonder how much market research that company did when deciding to open in Tralee? The town does not attract the Aran sweater diddle-e-eye tourists that throng Killarney or Dingle.

Good news on Golden Discs. The Jack and Jones store is a fine sized shop and glad to see it quickly re-occupied.

Specsavers opening soon posters on the Mirage building so work underway there as well.

Wonder will the building they had occupied get a new tenant

adam88 wrote: »
    Wonder will the building they had occupied get a new tenant

Yet another vacant unit there will turn Lower Castle St into a rather miserable part of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Forge83

adam88 wrote: »
    That was destined for closure,,,,, walked past that frozen yogurt shop yesterday, how they’re still opened is also beyond me.

I think they are one with the tanning salon next door so maybe that’s propping it up financially. Always felt there was something off with that frozen yoghurt place as there is zero chance it can support itself.

Forge83 wrote: »
    I think they are one with the tanning salon next door so maybe that’s propping it up financially. Always felt there was something off with that frozen yoghurt place as there is zero chance it can support itself.

Frozen yoghurt place is owned by the tanning place next door. Probably has the same landlord too. Any time I drive past it, I think to myself I must pop in there sometime, but I never seem to remember to!

Did anyone hear anything about Denny Lane closing down? Apparently they have a closed for renovations sign up but that people have said they won’t be reopening and many people have bookings for Christmas etc.
    *Edited to add that according to posts on Facebook, they are closed for good.

I also heard that Mozart’s are closing too (Saturday apparently). Sad news all round. Not nice to hear this bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Did anyone hear anything about Denny Lane closing down? Apparently they have a closed for renovations sign up but that people have said they won’t be reopening and many people have bookings for Christmas etc.

I also heard that Mozart’s are closing too (Saturday apparently). Sad news all round. Not nice to hear this bad news.

That's a shame, I moved away from Tralee a few months ago, but I used to love going into mozarts for breakfast or lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Adiboo wrote: »
    Don't understand your point. The 3 are not related.

I'm guessing his point is that it tends to be the same blue haired halfwit cause chasing bandwagon jumping clowns that latch on to these events. No doubt a shot of them will be protesting at the greyhound stadium too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I'm guessing his point is that it tends to be the same blue haired halfwit cause chasing bandwagon jumping clowns that latch on to these events. No doubt a shot of them will be protesting at the greyhound stadium too.

Could the same then be said for the people on the other side? A lot of the same people campaigned for a no vote to both marriage referendum/8th Amendment. And again, a lot of that side seem to be climate change deniers, and I'm sure they will be advocating for greyhound racing/coursing.

There seems to be a clear ethical divide in society today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Adiboo wrote: »
    Could the same then be said for the people on the other side? A lot of the same people campaigned for a no vote to both marriage referendum/8th Amendment. And again, a lot of that side seem to be climate change deniers, and I'm sure they will be advocating for greyhound racing/coursing.

There seems to be a clear ethical divide in society today.

Maybe ya.

Try to Refrain from going off topic! Stick to chit chat about Tralee rather than who goes to what protest. Thanks! MOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

That's pity. i'm not in Tralee too often but Denny Lane was one place I would have gone to quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Quackster wrote: »
    Are you sure they're shrinking it? That would require planning permission. Was in earlier and they seem to be rejigging the entire layout, moving alcohol to the far end, as they have done in other stores, to comply with the Public Health Alcohol Act.

According to my mother in law who knows such things the Rock St post office is moving in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭TigerTim

According to my mother in law who knows such things the Rock St post office is moving in there!

Heard that as well.

T.

TigerTim wrote: »
    Heard that as well.

T.

That'd be an interesting move. Although I would have thought it makes sense where they are beside Supervalu, given that it's the favoured supermarket of pensioners. Subdividing the Tesco unit would require planning permission as well and there's no application to do so as of now.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the current Guiney's. Would make more sense IMO for JYSK as opposed to the old Bridge St Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Your mother in law reads the Kerry’s eye!!!!

Quackster wrote: »
    That'd be an interesting move. Although I would have thought it makes sense where they are beside Supervalu, given that it's the favoured supermarket of pensioners. Subdividing the Tesco unit would require planning permission as well and there's no application to do so as of now.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the current Guiney's. Would make more sense IMO for JYSK as opposed to the old Bridge St Dunnes.

Are JYSK still in talks to go into the old Dunnes unit?

I'd forgotten about that!

Clab mor wrote: »
    Your mother in law reads the Kerry’s eye!!!!

Is it in this week's Kerry's Eye? Haven't read it yet. Maybe it'll be a concession-type setup accessed via Tesco rather than a completely separate unit?

• Advertisement

Kellihers hardware are opening a toy shop upstairs in their store! 5hey have done a bit of upgrading of the store in general. They moved the paint department into a stand-alone unit out the back near the carpark.
    That shop has so much stock!

Advertisement