Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Troberto

Same here, no problems at all.

Always find the credit union app and online service brilliant. Use it most days and had no issues .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I see the playground is getting a bit of a makeover, which is great but more needed with cctv for antisocial behaviour.

Extra benches going in around the park also.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I spotted that there’s a sale agreed up on the old Quinlans bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Where's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Next to Walsh Brothers Shoes on the Mall.

T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

TigerTim wrote: »
    Next to Walsh Brothers Shoes on the Mall.

T.

Thanks never noticed the name! I have a vague memory of my nan going in there to pay St. Anthony for helping her find something. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

I'm guessing his point is that it tends to be the same blue haired halfwit cause chasing bandwagon jumping clowns that latch on to these events. No doubt a shot of them will be protesting at the greyhound stadium too.

There are people with blue hair in tralee and enough of them to form protests??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was it true that pub used close at 6pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭StrikingOut

Was it true that pub used close at 6pm?

I think it used to close early alright. I remember being in there about 15 years or so ago with my pal and her new boyfriend. The boyfriend gave the mrs a bit of a snog and we were all thrown out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I think it used to close early alright. I remember being in there about 15 years or so ago with my pal and her new boyfriend. The boyfriend gave the mrs a bit of a snog and we were all thrown out!

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Quinlans is also next to the old dunnes too of course, so If they are both sold to same people, it will be a fine development space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Quinlans is also next to the old dunnes too of course, so If they are both sold to same people, it will be a fine development space

The bar is being revamped and reopening -
    keeping some of the old style front part from what I understand.
    It'll be a welcome addition to a 'dead' part of town.
    I know some of the people at it, and they won't do things by halves.. That game needs new blood, to shake off the misfortunes of the apes that tried to bleed the town dry for years..
    Best of luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

That is so funny! My cousin was also there with her boyfriend(now husband) quite a few years back and they were just holding hands where they were sitting having a drink and the elderly male owner came over and said something to the effect they they'd have to leave if they "carried on like that". :D:D:D

Glad to hear a new crowd will do something with it to help revitalize that end of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

That part of town could become very trendy with the 30-40 age group if done properly.

Castle street is just tragic now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

adam88 wrote: »
    That part of town could become very trendy with the 30-40 age group if done properly.

Castle street is just tragic now

The Moyderwell end is well run down with fast food and ethnic shops. Rents must be cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

kn wrote: »
    The Moyderwell end is well run down with fast food and ethnic shops. Rents must be cheap.

The silliest shop name in Tralee must be an ethnic shop up near that junction that is simply called "Tralee Supermarket". I wonder did they hire a consultancy firm to come up with that name....

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.2690193,-9.7008094,3a,75y,351.59h,93.4t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1su6ezvSZN0f8XVTuY11a_hA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

You couldn't swing a cat (or a bag of couscous) in there so how you could call it a supermarket....:confused::confused:

Has Mary Anne's Tea Rooms next to Finnegan's closed? I passed a few times recently but it never seems to be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I was told before the summer or early September that is was closed - but afterwards I saw people in there but recently again it looks like it is closed up. I wonder are they using it for the hostel as a dining area?

It will be a pity if it is closed - It was a lovely place

Abbey Inn closing down down tonight. Believe it or not.

A Tralee institution gone forever!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭CinderKone

Used to love the Abbey before it expanded.

I just literally heard about it. Sad news. Its been a long time coming though.

Lots of good times in there when I first started going out in my late teens. Sad to see an old business going.

Update: it is closing down after Saturday night...so last chance to get a pint, and a shift, at the bar .........

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

If it's put up for sale, I wonder will JDW give it the once over...

Quackster wrote: »
    If it's put up for sale, I wonder will JDW give it the once over...

It would certainly be an option for Wetherspoons. Which I really love in the UK.

BTW it looks as if the Denny Street Cafe may be reopening.

kn wrote: »
    BTW it looks as if the Denny Street Cafe may be reopening.

New management or same guys?

New management or same guys?

To the best of new knowkedge.....same people. But don't quote me on that....

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭CinderKone

Tempting...as I'm over in Tralee visiting relatives but I'd prefer memories of the pre spirals amazing craic. The whole place rocking to Twisted Firestarter!

• Advertisement

CinderKone wrote: »
    Tempting...as I'm over in Tralee visiting relatives but I'd prefer memories of the pre spirals amazing craic. The whole place rocking to Twisted Firestarter!

And the sawdust on the floor.. yeah I was there back then....

Advertisement