Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Was looking at this http://traleetoday.ie/food-comedy-fusion-kicks-off-new-concept-il-forno/

Whats the grub like in Il Forno?

The food is lovely in there. Although saying that I have only had the pizza, but I really liked it both times I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    The food is lovely in there. Although saying that I have only had the pizza, but I really liked it both times I was there.

Must try it out

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Quick one for ye. The wife is thinking of having a go at something like this.
    b4784fd6d87ba0d603aa07defaac3cec.jpg

Anyone know where we could pick up some old Tyres in town

Cheers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Quick one for ye. The wife is thinking of having a go at something like this.

Anyone know where we could pick up some old Tyres in town

Cheers

Either check with the likes of Dillons Waste or Higgins & see if they have any they could give you. Or contact any of the tyre shops that might have some they are dumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Any tyre place will love to see you coming, because they have to pay to get them collected!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Someone was asking about the old Mannix shop in Clash, there is a new sign on the side of it that says Newsagents, so looks like it's going to be a shop again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

bobdcow wrote: »
    Someone was asking about the old Mannix shop in Clash, there is a new sign on the side of it that says Newsagents, so looks like it's going to be a shop again.

"Toni's" mentions deli and coffees etc....havent a clue who Toni actually is though

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Any tyre place will love to see you coming, because they have to pay to get them collected!

According to Article 17 of the regulations governing the disposal of waste tyres it is illegal for tyre suppliers to give waste tyres to anyone unless that person has obtained permission from their local authority to use the tyres in the way intended.

http://www.dublincity.ie/sites/default/files/content//WaterWasteEnvironment/Waste/WasteRegulationsOffice/Documents/SI%20664%20WM%20Tyre%20Regs%202007.pdf

Info on the activities etc for this years Feile Na Blath is up on their fb page
    https://www.facebook.com/The-Park-Family-Festival-Tralee-640023269430893/

The Stationhouse in Blennerville is reopening this Wednesday (not Thurs!). They will be open from 12pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

The Stationhouse in Blennerville is reopening this Wednesday!

Will it be Chinese food or a normal restaurant as before?

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Will it be Chinese food or a normal restaurant as before?

Its being run by a Chinese guy (same guy that runs Tomasins back west), but its not a Chinese restaurant. It will be similar to it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Hello,
    Does anyone know somewhere to buy sun-dried tomato paste in Tralee? Cheers

Hello,
    Does anyone know somewhere to buy sun-dried tomato paste in Tralee? Cheers

Not sure, never had to look for it, but I would suggest maybe one of the Asian foodstores? Either on Castle Street or Moyderwell cross.

The service station in Monavalley has reopened today. I think its being run by Apple green, although its not clear on their signage.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ruffmut

The service station in Monavalley has reopened today. I think its being run by Apple green, although its not clear on their signage.

Yes this is another Apple Green station.

ruffmut wrote: »
    Yes this is another Apple Green station.

AppleGreen seem to be taking over service stations, especially here! I saw a lot of them when driving up the country recently too.

I see the An Post Ras finished in Dingle today,

The Tralee Chamber of Alliance should try and get them to finish a stage in Tralee some year,have a stage from Limerick to to Tralee along the Limerick coast road into Tarbert,Ballybunion,Ballyduff to Kerryhead,Ballyheigue,Ardfert and finish in Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

I see fibre cable installers working around town on behalf of siro. They all seem to be working in locations that are already fibre enabled. What's the point in that ...

Has anyone here got the Imagine LTE broadband that keeps getting advertised on Radio Kerry?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

I see fibre cable installers working around town on behalf of siro. They all seem to be working in locations that are already fibre enabled. What's the point in that ...

Different companies, methods, services and agendas...

We had some crowd in the estate last week and they were working on behalf of ESB/Vodafone and needed permission to do some work, said we could get interned through the ESB cables. he didn't elaborate anymore, he just wanted a signature for the permission slip and left.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

JonathonS wrote: »
    According to Article 17 of the regulations governing the disposal of waste tyres it is illegal for tyre suppliers to give waste tyres to anyone unless that person has obtained permission from their local authority to use the tyres in the way intended.

http://www.dublincity.ie/sites/default/files/content//WaterWasteEnvironment/Waste/WasteRegulationsOffice/Documents/SI%20664%20WM%20Tyre%20Regs%202007.pdf

I guess he better ask the council then. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

bobdcow wrote: »
    We had some crowd in the estate last week and they were working on behalf of ESB/Vodafone and needed permission to do some work, said we could get interned through the ESB cables. he didn't elaborate anymore, he just wanted a signature for the permission slip and left.

Fck it! You didn't sign it did you ?
    They now have permission to lay cables thru your house , put a mast in your back garden, eat all the food in your fridge, shag your dog and sign you up for Mormon Bible class.....rookie mistake man, we've all been there!

Ah not the bible classes, I can handle the rest....at least the dog will be happy :-)

Dillane.gif

He has come a long way from collecting glasses in Baileys Corner :D

Congrats Ultan Dillane and Connacht

The Stationhouse in Blennerville is reopening this Wednesday (not Thurs!). They will be open from 12pm.
    Tried it today, I won't be rushing back.

Tried it today, I won't be rushing back.

Why's that?
    I've been hearing good things about it. I did pop my head in yesterday, only as I was picking someone up, but I did think it looked lovely in there. Much brighter than it used to be.

I do know they don't have a full bar licence, its only being run as a restaurant now. I saw people moaning about it on FB and a few people I know were in and were told alcohol can only be served with food.

I ordered linguine with prawns and crabmeat. What I got was pasta covered in sweet chilli sauce from a bottle with maybe 2 or 3 prawns and a couple of crab claws for €17!!!! It was a very poor meal and terrible value considering that a pasta dish in il pomo d'oro costs less than a tenner and is far superior.

My wife ordered the same so to be fair I can't speak for any of the other options on the menu which was pretty limited.

• Advertisement

I ordered linguine with prawns and crabmeat. What I got was pasta covered in sweet chilli sauce from a bottle with maybe 2 or 3 prawns and a couple of crab claws for €17!!!! It was a very poor meal and terrible value considering that a pasta dish in il pomo d'oro costs less than a tenner and is far superior.

My wife ordered the same so to be fair I can't speak for any of the other options on the menu which was pretty limited.

I think someone did mention it was a bit pricey! That's a pity that your food wasn't up to scratch.

Advertisement