Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Felix Jones is God.

starlit wrote: »
    Did they say where Starbucks will be located in Tralee and when they open or is yet to be announced on Facebook? First I heard of it coming to Tralee. I didn't get to the town only to Manor West that day. Should have been a good Christmas vibe around in Tralee town.

It's in the old xtravision store in Manor... planning was applied for originally in March of last year...because of an objection... planning only granted in Feb this test ..and ttye had to reapply again due to a change

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Currently in Tralee town centre to pick up a few bits for Christmas and shop local and all that!!!!

The whole place is closed, a week before Christmas!!! What a joke!!!! Hard to spend money when the shops aren’t open!!!!

Only for Pennys the town would be right f***ed!!!

Heading to Manor........

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Clab mor wrote: »
    Currently in Tralee town centre to pick up a few bits for Christmas and shop local and all that!!!!

The whole place is closed, a week before Christmas!!! What a joke!!!! Hard to spend money when the shops aren’t open!!!!

Heading to Manor........

I thought I read that the chamber alliance were pushing that the town is open late? That's a bit mad for this week. No point them only opening late Thursday/Friday (which happens anyway for some shops)! And then no point them moaning that the town is quiet....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,974 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Clab mor wrote: »

Heading to Manor........

You're still supporting local people.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

You're still supporting local people.

Absolutely I never said I wasn’t local by shopping in Manor???

I would have liked to have spent my few quid however in the town centre for which we hear all too often is struggling.

Sometimes I think town centre business want everything handed to them on a silver platter!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

It looks like some shops may be opening late from tomorrow (Tuesday). I saw Ross Jewellers post up on fb that they will be open until 7pm tomorrow, and until 8pm Wed, Thurs, Fri, Mon.

If anyone wants to add more shops opening late this week, feel free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Would the Tax office on Spa Road be open tomorrow?

Would the Tax office on Spa Road be open tomorrow?

Probably not until Monday. Don't think members of the public can just go in there anymore. I'm almost sure You have to ring now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Probably not until Monday. Don't think members of the public can just go in there anymore. I'm almost sure You have to ring now.

Tomorrow is Monday? ...... Where would one go? The online revenue is a joke of a site.

Tomorrow is Monday? ...... Where would one go? The online revenue is a joke of a site.

Sorry, I meant Monday week (no idea what day it even is! lol). Although they may be back at work on Thursday 2nd, but I'm not sure. You have to call them these days, they don't take any walk ins or appointments anymore, not for a long time now. Their online site is useless. There should be phone numbers on it though, so maybe call tomorrow just in case they are working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Pretty sure they will be open tomorrow.......working is another matter......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I notice Tesco in Abbey Court now has signs calling it Tesco Express. A staff member told my mother "off the record" it means prices have now risen for lots of items as it's now considered a convenience store.

There are fireworks in town this evening at 6pm. Some music and family fun starting at 5pm. Should be nice :)

Happy new year to you all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Denny Street was wedged & the fireworks were unreal. It's the one thing they get right every year - the Christmas lights & fireworks.

Well done to anyone involved in subsidising and organising it.

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Denny Street was wedged & the fireworks were unreal. It's the one thing they get right every year - the Christmas lights & fireworks.

Well done to anyone involved in subsidising and organising it.

It was lovely, nice atmosphere and lovely weather for it! Happy New Year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

It was lovely, nice atmosphere and lovely weather for it! Happy New Year :)

Kids had a ball.
    Many happy returns.

Apparently there's been a green light given for a new retail development in Tralee. I don't know any details as I just saw that headline on Radio Kerry's facebook page. Anyone know anything more about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Apparently there's been a green light given for a new retail development in Tralee. I don't know any details as I just saw that headline on Radio Kerry's facebook page. Anyone know anything more about it?

Garden centre and DIY store similar to woodies down the back of woodies, they are not too happy about it and objected as far as I know

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

g1983d wrote: »
    Garden centre similar to woodies down the back of woodies, they are not too happy about it and objected as far as I know

It's for several bulky-goods retail units and a garden centre behind Adams on the planned new road that will connect with the Camp roundabout.

• Advertisement

I really can't see the need for two DIY/Garden centre type operators in the same location. Also, hasn't the Carpetright shop next to Currys lain vacant for a year now even though it is in a very visible location with lots of foot traffic from the new Costa next door? I welcome development... I'm just wondering how they expect to fill these other units...?

ongarboy wrote: »
    I really can't see the need for two DIY/Garden centre type operators in the same location. Also, hasn't the Carpetright shop next to Currys lain vacant for a year now even though it is in a very visible location with lots of foot traffic from the new Costa next door? I welcome development... I'm just wondering how they expect to fill these other units...?

Build it and thet will come 😂

I'd imagine screwfix would go in there if they decide to open in Tralee and itll be prime location once new entrance onto bypass opens. In hindsight a great move by the Nissan dealer to move

Build it and thet will come 😂

I'd imagine screwfix would go in there if they decide to open in Tralee and itll be prime location once new entrance onto bypass opens. In hindsight a great move by the Nissan dealer to move

It's also possible they might try coax Woodies to move and then redevelop the existing Woodies and adjacent empty site for, say, an M&S.

Quackster wrote: »
    It's also possible they might try coax Woodies to move and then redevelop the existing Woodies and adjacent empty site for, say, an M&S.

I dont think they will be redeveloping the existing woodies, did they not sell the existing retail park to an american investment company?
    I'd imagine they will fill the units and sell in again if they get the right price

I dont think they will be redeveloping the existing woodies, did they not sell the existing retail park to an american investment company?
    I'd imagine they will fill the units and sell in again if they get the right price

They sold the existing centre off in phases over the years. But it's likely they're very much working in partnership with the current owners with regards to future development of adjacent lands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Was walking through town and seen the old specsavers has planning up in it to turn into a “fruit machine” arcade. Just what that part of town needs. Town council should be ashes of themselves on how they left that part of town go like that.

adam88 wrote: »
    Was walking through town and seen the old specsavers has planning up in it to turn into a “fruit machine” arcade. Just what that part of town needs. Town council should be ashes of themselves on how they left that part of town go like that.

Am awful precedent if the council give planning permission to that on the town's main shopping thoroughfare!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,974 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

ongarboy wrote: »
    Am awful precedent if the council give planning permission to that on the town's main shopping thoroughfare!

They should be outlawed full stop and at the very least the laws that govern them should be enforced until they are changed.

In my personal opinion they offer absolutely nothing to society and do more harm than can be quantified, preying on the addiction of the weak and the vulnerable and destroying lives.

https://www.thejournal.ie/slot-machines-ireland-4717125-Jul2019/

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

They should be outlawed full stop and at the very least the laws that govern them should be enforced until they are changed.

In my personal opinion they offer absolutely nothing to society and do more harm than can be quantified, preying on the addiction of the weak and the vulnerable and destroying lives.

https://www.thejournal.ie/slot-machines-ireland-4717125-Jul2019/

I agree, plus there is already one in Bridge st, I think one is enough!

• Advertisement

Mod snip! Removed link due to potentially libellous content. Will seek further opinion. Please don't repost in the meantime! - Quackster

Not Tralee related but still an interesting read of our neighbours.

Killarney has this unique ability to make everything go away and not have things make front page news. Hush hush.......

There can be holy murder on the streets of Killarney and you wouldn’t see reports of it in the papers or online.

If two cats were fighting in Denny St twod be front page of Kerry’s Eye!!!!

Can you imagine if this was Tralee!!!!

Advertisement