Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Burger shack way better than MJ and that's from a blow in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,974 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Listen up. For a Kebab, kaleli’s Kebab. For a burger, either New Yorkers, MJ’s Diner or the burger shack. For Chips, Quinlnas fish and chips by a country mile.

Nail on head, credit where it's due they do what they do very, very well.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Myself and the MIL have been disappointed by Quinlan's chips on a few occasions. Not worth the hype imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Without a doubt Quinlans IMO is the best fish and chips in town.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Quinlans chips are the best!! Great fish too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Lovely chips in Quinlans, and lovely 'real' fish, but the amount of oil in the fish can be almost sickening sometimes

but the amount of oil in the fish can be almost sickening sometimes

This was exactly our complaint, just with their chips. Same on 2 occasions, I won't be back despite the glowing reviews!

I'm a Green Rooster chips kinda guy, love their homemade vinegar.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I need to get our kitchen cupboards all repainted, does anyone know of a painter who is good in that area? I haven't had them done before, so not sure who to use. We tend to paint rooms in our house as needed, but I don't really want to do this myself and I don't have the time anymore.
    tia!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I need to get our kitchen cupboards all repainted, does anyone know of a painter who is good in that area? I haven't had them done before, so not sure who to use. We tend to paint rooms in our house as needed, but I don't really want to do this myself and I don't have the time anymore.
    tia!

There's an ad in the Advertiser for a painter who does kitchen units - Jer Reen.
    I know absolutely nothing about him; have never used his service, and I don't know where he's located. Mobile no.0876808631

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Seems like Denny Lane is reopening again and looking for staff.

https://helpwanted.indeed.com/jobs/viewjob/a2078bb5693637d2?jk=e87497bd2d179e7e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

ongarboy wrote: »
    Seems like Denny Lane is reopening again and looking for staff.

https://helpwanted.indeed.com/jobs/viewjob/a2078bb5693637d2?jk=e87497bd2d179e7e

Yes, had spotted that last week..the number provided was linked to an antiques store in Trim I think

• Registered Users Posts: 24,043 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Adiboo wrote: »
    Myself and the MIL have been disappointed by Quinlan's chips on a few occasions. Not worth the hype imo.

I left a less than glowing review about them on Trip Advisor, as me and the missus weren't impressed with what we had in their Killarney place. The quality of the fish and chips wasn't worth anywhere near what we paid.

They contacted me to apologise and offered to let me have a voucher, but I wasn't going to shed my anonymity, and possibly get filleted. :pac:

The Tralee place was okay when we went there, and I had no reason to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

the amount of oil in the fish can be almost sickening sometimes

That's caused by the oil not being hot enough to seal the food. A mortal sin for a chipper.

Plans released today for the Denny site. No word of the courthouse moving there yet.

http://traleetoday.ie/plans-for-first-phase-of-island-of-geese-site-revealed/

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Plans released today for the Denny site. No word of the courthouse moving there yet.

http://traleetoday.ie/plans-for-first-phase-of-island-of-geese-site-revealed/

Tbe decision on that ultimately rests with the minister for justice.

A pity though that no consideration seems to have been given to providing a new fit-for-purpose garda station adjacent to the existing poor excuse for one (which could then be demolished and the site landscaped).

Quackster wrote: »
    Tbe decision on that ultimately rests with the minister for justice.

A pity though that no consideration seems to have been given to providing a new fit-for-purpose garda station adjacent to the existing poor excuse for one (which could then be demolished and the site landscaped).

What is issue with current station? Never been beyond main entrance, I have no idea what it's like in there.

What is issue with current station? Never been beyond main entrance, I have no idea what it's like in there.

Everyone stationed there would agree that it's way too small and pokey and not fit for purpose as a modern garda facility. Not good for morale having to work in a woefully substandard building.

It's been earmarked for replacement for some time, with a site in Ballymullen previously suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Everyone stationed there would agree that it's way too small and pokey and not fit for purpose as a modern garda facility. Not good for morale having to work in a woefully substandard building.

It's been earmarked for replacement for some time, with a site in Ballymullen previously suggested.

It’s only just recently after being refurbished!!!!

In April of 2018 the court services offered the Dept of Justice €4 mill for said site.... still waiting for that.

There seems to be work going on in the old Sweeneys shop in Castle Street. Looks like there will be a shop going in there again.?

• Advertisement

Clab mor wrote: »
    It’s only just recently after being refurbished!!!!

It got a lick of paint but you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear! The building is simply not fit for purpose.

It got a lick of paint but you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear! The building is simply not fit for purpose.

Dunno..if Sinn Féin get in it could go back to being an IRA safehouse again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

It got a lot more than a lick of paint, there was over a Million spent on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,974 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

That's a lot of paint.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Jesus it was a lot more than a lick of paint, there was a complete refurb of the office and admin spaces.

Yeah, a million wasted unfortunately. It's the building itself that's deficient. Too small, unsuitable layout etc. A new build is the only adequate long-term solution.

Clab mor wrote: »
    Jesus it was a lot more than a lick of paint, there was a complete refurb of the office and admin spaces.

I was being ever-so-slightly euphemistic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    There seems to be work going on in the old Sweeneys shop in Castle Street. Looks like there will be a shop going in there again.?

A new laser hair removal clinic chain, Therapie are due to open soon in Castle St...Maybe it's going in there?

https://www.therapieclinic.com/our-clinics/kerry/tralee/

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭StrikingOut

ongarboy wrote: »
    A new beauty bar chain, Therapie are due to open soon in Castle St...Maybe it's going in there?

No it’s reopening as a shop. A local man is reopening it, it will be great to see it open again. I’d love to know where Therapie is going? Is the old Lee Record shop still empty ?

• Advertisement

No it’s reopening as a shop. A local man is reopening it, it will be great to see it open again. I’d love to know where Therapie is going? Is the old Lee Record shop still empty ?

Well that's fantastic news for that end of Castle St.

Advertisement