Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

On a more positive note, I ate a meal in I can't believe it's not Ruairi's and definitely nothing to do with Seamie, and it was superb. One of the best I've had in tralee in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

xxyyzz wrote: »
    On a more positive note, I ate a meal in I can't believe it's not Ruairi's and definitely nothing to do with Seamie, and it was superb. One of the best I've had in tralee in a long time.

They have a top notch chef there that used to work in Cassidys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

They have a top notch chef there that used to work in Cassidys

Yeah Cassidy's has gone backwards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

there is plenty choice now in tralee and competition is healthy. had a lovely meal in IL pomo doro saturday night, its great value and great food, not many places u cud get a 3 course meal for 17.95. loved their risotto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

bobdcow wrote: »
    Someone was asking about the old Mannix shop in Clash, there is a new sign on the side of it that says Newsagents, so looks like it's going to be a shop again.

Passed it today and all the signage to me looks as it its going to be a deli/coffee shop. Tralee really needs another one of those......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »
    Passed it today and all the signage to me looks as it its going to be a deli/coffee shop. Tralee really needs another one of those......

It won't be an actual coffee shop, just a newsagents/food store. Saw inside it when I passed a few days ago when the door was open & it's just a regular looking shop inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I think someone was asking here recently what was happening with Quarters nightclub. Apparently it was sold again and is due to reopen in a couple of weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Would it be worth having a dedicated Tralee broadband speed/quality thread in the Kerry forum? Seems like a lot of interest in that topic and it sometimes tends to dominate the Tralee thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I think someone was asking here recently what was happening with Quarters nightclub. Apparently it was sold again and is due to reopen in a couple of weeks!

Hmm...that didn't seem like a long run before it sold again. I wonder did it really do well since it opened? I had to laugh when my sister's 21 year old hairdresser said to her that she never goes there because the crowd was "too young"!:eek:

ongarboy wrote: »
    Would it be worth having a dedicated Tralee broadband speed/quality thread in the Kerry forum? Seems like a lot of interest in that topic and it sometimes tends to dominate the Tralee thread.

I would agree. Posts will only get lost if posting about broadband. Feel free to start a new one & post queries relating to Kerry broadband there.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Really? Tats surprising, thought tey were doing ok

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Henwin wrote: »
    Really? Tats surprising, thought tey were doing ok

Place was fair **** so it was, at a tenner in most nights most people wouldn't even bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

ongarboy wrote: »

Maybe, but I think the general consensus for Tralee/Kerry would be an average speed of crap :-)

I see Sopranos newest reincarnation Peshwari Kebab has shut down..... Next!!

Ah here! Didnt even spot that today!

Ah here! Didnt even spot that today!

Put it down to baby hormones :)
    Big sign in the window that it's To Let
    Toni's was open today...saw a few cars pull up and go in , hope it takes off as I have a bit of a grá for that building

Put it down to baby hormones :)
    Big sign in the window that it's To Let
    Toni's was open today...saw a few cars pull up and go in , hope it takes off as I have a bit of a grá for that building

And I'm walking a lot slower now so you would think I would see more! :D

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I hope it doesn't mean that idiots are parking dangerously outside it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Jesus couldn't even do the number of resurrections that place has had in the last 3-4 years. It must have gone through more than half a dozen regime changes in that time. The problem there is that Kaleli Kebab across the road is so good that everyone else is only trailing after them.

I noticed the last crowd were using the place for Friday prayers as well......Allah couldn't even save them.....:)

kn wrote: »
    Jesus couldn't even do the number of resurrections that place has had in the last 3-4 years. It must have gone through more than half a dozen regime changes in that time. The problem there is that Kaleli Kebab across the road is so good that everyone else is only trailing after them.

I noticed the last crowd were using the place for Friday prayers as well......Allah couldn't even save them.....:)

St John's could get in on that action.
    2 Our Father's
    3 Hail Mary's
    A Glory be to the Father
    & A quarter pounder with chips
    Joke about friars/fryers is obligatory and no cans of coke, just Communion wine , happy days!

St John's could get in on that action.
    2 Our Father's
    3 Hail Mary's
    A Glory be to the Father
    & A quarter pounder with chips
    Joke about friars/fryers is obligatory and no cans of coke, just Communion wine , happy days!

And sure by the time you've the prayers done the food would be ready.

Jaysus the Tralee Thread has turned into the How's Your Broadband Thread over the last few days.

Can all broadband queries/recommendations now be posted in this new thread please? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057605836
    Thanks. Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Has anyone used the Entertainment X-change in Tralee. I have a few DVD's (Sopranos, Homeland etc) and I would like to sell them.

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Has anyone used the Entertainment X-change in Tralee. I have a few DVD's (Sopranos, Homeland etc) and I would like to sell them.

Don't expect to get much for them! You can check their website to see how much you may get though.

Don't expect to get much for them! You can check their website to see how much you may get though.

Thanks, they are saying they buy the whole set for 15 euros, we paid about 50 pounds sterling for it, I might try elsewhere if anyone has any ideas?

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Thanks, they are saying they buy the whole set for 15 euros, we paid about 50 pounds sterling for it, I might try elsewhere if anyone has any ideas?

The only other place is Cash encounters on castle street, but to be honest I don't think they will be much better. You won't get near the value of what you paid. Try them anyway.

• Advertisement

The only other place is Cash encounters on castle street, but to be honest I don't think they will be much better. You won't get near the value of what you paid. Try them anyway.

Maybe I would be better selling on Line, do you think Done Deal or somewhere like that would be any good?

Advertisement