Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Eamonn8448 wrote: »

There are a few cases from that bar, yes.....
    the extended family is local too.
    I have no idea about the hotel tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

The 2km map website:

https://2kmfromhome.com

Personally, walking from my house to Forge Cross and back again would be comfortably within the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The 2km map website:

https://2kmfromhome.com

Personally, walking from my house to Forge Cross and back again would be comfortably within the range.

You'd be surprised at the amount of amenity walks people can do within 2km of their homes...canal walk, Lee river walk, Nuns wood, Fat mile, the old rail track greenway...even the Clash, Oak park and Caherslee roads are more pleasant to walk with much reduced road traffic to stretch your legs for half an hour.

Now up to 66 cases in Kerry, almost as many as Limerick, which has 67.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

amadain wrote: »
    Castle St, Rock St and estates like Connolly & Brendan’s Pk riddled, but in self LOCKDOWN, unreported and untested btw. Seems Facebook is more in tune locally. Stay at home.

Sadly the first death in St. Brendan's Park reported today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

That lot from the burger shack have a lot to answer . Same owner that was drinking in the castle bar after returning from Cheltenham. I hope his horse racing was worth it .

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

That lot from the burger shack have a lot to answer . Same owner that was drinking in the castle bar after returning from Cheltenham. I hope his horse racing was worth it .

They were drinking in the bar, they weren't in Cheltenham. There may have been people in their company who returned from Cheltenham.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Was there confirmation of a death in Tralee due to Covid-19? or even a death in Kerry? Until there is confirmation, lets not speculate.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

That’s completely incorrect information and until you know full proper and truthful facts you should refrain from spreading bull**** fake news. Don’t be so gullible as to believe what your aunties mothers sisters boyfriend told you!!!!!

What happened to #bekind and “we are all in this together”.

This is a highly contagious virus that effects different people in different ways, for all you know, YOU could have the virus right now with no symptoms and be spreading it to those around you without even knowing.

The poor gent that passed away in Tralee today as a result of Covid 19 is also rumoured to have drank in the same bar you are referring to above. The poor man was over 90 years old and hadn’t left the house in weeks.

People of Tralee get a life!!!! it’s only a matter of time before it’s on your doorstep. Stop spreading bull**** stories and further making what is already a very difficult and worrying time in people lives worse with hearsay and damaging statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Paulrio456

They were drinking in the bar, they weren't in Cheltenham. There may have been people in their company who returned from Cheltenham.

Hi everyone. This is Paul the owner of the Burger shack. I would just like to clarify a few things. Myself and my wife were not in Cheltenham. In fact the last time we left the country was a weekend in amsterdam last November. According to rumours we were in Cheltenham/Italy/Tenerife/Austria and apparently my wife was in Spain the week before Cheltenham to “top up her tan”. Look everyone. People are dying. I’m not looking for pity because we are being slated unnecessarily I just want people to shut up and look after your loved ones. Work together as a community. If you hear gossip about someone don’t spread it. Look that person in the eye (from a safe distance of course) and ask them is it true before you add legs to the story and destroy someone’s reputation or there life. This terrible virus will eventually disappear. Let’s get through this together. Stop the hate. Hopefully mine and other businesses can recover after this is over. But lies and terrible gossip helps no one. RIP to those who have lost there lives. Please stay safe everyone. Paul and Aileen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Paulrio456 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. This is Paul the owner of the Burger shack. I would just like to clarify a few things. Myself and my wife were not in Cheltenham. In fact the last time we left the country was a weekend in amsterdam last November. According to rumours we were in Cheltenham/Italy/Tenerife/Austria and apparently my wife was in Spain the week before Cheltenham to “top up her tan”. Look everyone. People are dying. I’m not looking for pity because we are being slated unnecessarily I just want people to shut up and look after your loved ones. Work together as a community. If you hear gossip about someone don’t spread it. Look that person in the eye (from a safe distance of course) and ask them is it true before you add legs to the story and destroy someone’s reputation or there life. This terrible virus will eventually disappear. Let’s get through this together. Stop the hate. Hopefully mine and other businesses can recover after this is over. But lies and terrible gossip helps no one. RIP to those who have lost there lives. Please stay safe everyone. Paul and Aileen.

Fair play to you Paul for coming on here and clarifying the situation in such a calm and responsible manner.

We're all in this together, stay safe.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Paulrio456 wrote: »

Thanks for posting Paul! Unfortunately the small town gossip gets people all worked up. People love to blame others, instead of having facts etc. Its not fair on you and your wife, nor is it fair on both businesses who are the subject of this gossip.

I hope Aileen is feeling well and recovered now. I'm sure when this is all over, you will be able to open up again and people will be more interested in treating themselves to your delicious food, and we can all get back to some sort of normality!
    Stay safe!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting Paul! Unfortunately the small town gossip gets people all worked up. People love to blame others, instead of having facts etc. Its not fair on you and your wife, nor is it fair on both businesses who are the subject of this gossip.

I hope Aileen is feeling well and recovered now. I'm sure when this is all over, you will be able to open up again and people will be more interested in treating themselves to your delicious food, and we can all get back to some sort of normality!
    Stay safe!

Yes.. clearing up things that were never said in here ??

Yes.. clearing up things that were never said in here ??

They were, his business name was mentioned here....he was just clearing up the other rumours which have been circulating around town....

They were, his business name was mentioned...

Holidays and such like... trips to Cheltenham.. never saw those mentioned, sorry if it was

Holidays and such like... trips to Cheltenham.. never saw those mentioned, sorry if it was

I just edited my other post to add that it was rumours around town that he was clearing up.

I just edited my other post to add that it was rumours around town that he was clearing up.

Well those were Facebook rumours... he'd be better served addressing those rumours on that platform, no?

Well those were Facebook rumours... he'd be better served addressing those rumours on that platform, no?

The mans business was mentioned above by another poster along with incorrect facts.

He’s entitled to address those incorrect facts along with clearing up any other misconceptions posters may have about him his family or his business.

I can only assume he felt the need to post to stop further false information being spread on this forum.

He should be applauded for his openness and honesty.

No death notice so far today from Brendan's Park, so perhaps that was just another rumour?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

As he is on could he give a timeline of when the symptoms started, how long to get tested, how long to results, how long to recover etc ?

• Advertisement

No death notice so far today from Brendan's Park, so perhaps that was just another rumour?

Unfortunately the mans death due to the virus is not a rumour. He did have underlying conditions. Anything else you hear take with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Paulrio456

As he is on could he give a timeline of when the symptoms started, how long to get tested, how long to results, how long to recover etc ?

If anyone wants to pm me I have no problem in answering any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

Was on rip.ie this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Why should someone have to disclose their personal medical history on public forum? Anyone who needs to know would have been contacted by the HSE. People are still entitled to their dignity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Anyone know what that huge pole is across from kerry motor works.

I’m thinking it’s a 5g mast

He doesn’t need to do this. The man was addressing false rumours. He doesn’t need to tell us anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

adam88 wrote: »

It's to hang people on who spread rumours or so it's said ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

adam88 wrote: »

Badly needed distraction from coronavirus discussion

Looks like some kind of phone mast to me to, yiud imagine there would be a planning application on council website or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

He doesn’t need to do this. The man was addressing false rumours. He doesn’t need to tell us anything else.

False rumours can ruin a business
    When my wife heard they had been to Cheltenham she said that was it, never going to his restaurant again.

looking forward to the infamous taco fries with cheese once again

Anyway this is the Tralee thread so anything related to Tralee is surely allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

He doesn't need to do it but no harm in asking if he was willing to share his first hand experience.

Advertisement