Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

pickled101 wrote: »
    False rumours can ruin a business
    When my wife heard they had been to Cheltenham she said that was it, never going to his restaurant again.

looking forward to the infamous taco fries with cheese once again

Anyway this is the Tralee thread so anything related to Tralee is surely allowed.

Yes a Tralee thread, not a ruin someones business and reputation thread with rumours. He doesn't need to tell us anything, he didn't even need to come on here to say anything, he chose to. Please respect that. If he wants to talk about their health etc he can, but he doesn't need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,369 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

amadain wrote: »
    Sadly the first death in St. Brendan's Park reported today

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

Another bit of sad news coming from Tralee tonight in the form of a death. To say it's tough times is a huge understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Sos88sos88 wrote: »
    Another bit of sad news coming from Tralee tonight in the form of a death. To say it's tough times is a huge understatement

Hopefully not a second one?

• Advertisement

Hopefully not a second one?

Afraid so, middle aged man in Tralee. Apart from some hearsay stories I dont know anymore so cant comment on under lining health issues etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Afraid so, middle aged man in Tralee. Apart from some hearsay stories I dont know anymore so cant comment on under lining health issues etc

Why comment at all so if you don't know for a fact what you are talking about?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Do we have any idea the amount of people recovered .

https://www.bing.com/covid/local/ireland

Has had the same recovery figure the last 2 weeks while the count and death rate increase correctly

Surely more people must have recovered now .

Why comment at all so if you don't know for a fact what you are talking about?

I know for a fact name, age, address, it was coronavirus. Not sure what else you want me to comment on? Hearsay was speculation about where they had been etc. I didn't want to go into any more detail so thought best leave it at that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I know for a fact name, age, address, it was coronavirus. Not sure what else you want me to comment on? Hearsay was speculation about where they had been etc. I didn't want to go into any more detail so thought best leave it at that

You are correct..we shall leave it at that.

• Advertisement

I'm not looking for any comments, that's my point.

Too many people are trying to be first with the news, we had it yesterday with people saying they knew for a fact that a nurse/some nurses had died, and this morning then all over the news we had responsible reliable sources pleading with people to stop spreading false news on social media.

Fair enough if you know who this person is and know for a fact why they died but maybe consider they have family who haven't yet been informed or there are other families who know relatives in Tralee who have the virus and for one reason or another can't contact them.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 86,369 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP

Fair enough if you know who this person is and know for a fact why they died but maybe consider they have family who haven't yet been informed or there are other families who know relatives in Tralee who have the virus and for one reason or another can't contact them.

Your point makes no sense. No name address etc was shared. Impossible for anyone to identify etc. On Facebook a post was shared ,I didn't link due for exact reasons outlined above. If me posting that unnamed individual has passed in tralee drives home the message again to the people on this forum to be careful then great , mission achieved. Let's move on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The first death in Tralee of Covid-19 (the person from St. Brendan's Park) was named as Nicky Comerford on the front in the Kerry's eye. RIP to the poor man and condolences to his family :(

Your point makes no sense. No name address etc was shared. Impossible for anyone to identify etc. On Facebook a post was shared ,I didn't link due for exact reasons outlined above. If me posting that unnamed individual has passed in tralee drives home the message again to the people on this forum to be careful then great , mission achieved. Let's move on

If you read the first two paragraphs that you excluded when you quoted me you might have a better understanding of the point I was making.

You’re posting something that was shared on Facebook despite the very high profile specific requests from the authorities for people to please stop doing this very thing as it is causing unnecessary stress and widespread panic to others.

And somehow you still think you’re on a mission of goodwill?

You’re posting something that was shared on Facebook despite the very high profile specific requests from the authorities for people to please stop doing this very thing as it is causing unnecessary stress and widespread panic to others.

I'm going to reply just once more to you on the assumption you mean well and I want to give you a full explanation, however I am not replying anymore after this.

Something shared on Facebook.... by the deceased person family member.... very high profile specific requests.... this relates to false information, hysteria etc.... I posted one person had died, which is 100% true, on the basis its important for a town like Tralee to fully understand what's happening and it can happen to any of us. We need to be careful.

This thread is full of speculation which you haven't seen appropriate to jump on, maybe have a look at that before jumping on this.

Honestly, we are going through a global pandemic which is hurting our tiny town, and really think everyone should be doing everything to help, we got bigger problems in life and let's move on with them. Hope you have a good day.

I'm going to reply just once more to you on the assumption you mean well and I want to give you a full explanation, however I am not replying anymore after this.

Something shared on Facebook.... by the deceased person family member.... very high profile specific requests.... this relates to false information, hysteria etc.... I posted one person had died, which is 100% true, on the basis its important for a town like Tralee to fully understand what's happening and it can happen to any of us. We need to be careful.

This thread is full of speculation which you haven't seen appropriate to jump on, maybe have a look at that before jumping on this.

Honestly, we are going through a global pandemic which is hurting our tiny town, and really think everyone should be doing everything to help, we got bigger problems in life and let's move on with them. Hope you have a good day.

I’m sure you meant well yourself and have no doubt the unfortunate death will be officially announced in due course.

Enjoy the rest of your day and stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

The 2km map website:

https://2kmfromhome.com

Personally, walking from my house to Forge Cross and back again would be comfortably within the range.

You can go where you like. The Gardai have absolutely no legal basis to:
    1. Ask you any questions not related to the road traffic act
    2. Tell you where to go or where you cannot go. We live in a free country!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

leavingirl wrote: »

Oh Jog on . What a stupid response.

So you go where you want and you potentially infect god knows who. why cant you just stay at home . Chances are given the mentality of your responses you spend most of the time at home in normal circumstances .
    Why should that change now.

Don't forget your Tinfoil Hat either ..

leavingirl wrote: »

And here lies the bad attitude which is why we have these restrictions, which will no doubt be extended beyond the 12th of April. Because of this couldn't care less attitude, more people will contract covid-19 and more will die.

Do you think you can go wherever you want at the moment? Despite being told to stay at home unless you need to go to essential work or to get food? We have been told not to go wherever we want, not politely asked. Do you think going wherever you want because you think the Gardaí can't tell you otherwise is clever?

What a mature attitude you have!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Oh Jog on . What a stupid response.

So you go where you want and you potentially infect god knows who. why cant you just stay at home . Chances are given the mentality of your responses you spend most of the time at home in normal circumstances .
    Why should that change now.

Don't forget your Tinfoil Hat either ..

She was just giving the correct legal position. The emergency powers relate only to detaining the person on the instruction from a medical person of someone infected who is refusing to isolate. Of course in practice if you ignore the Gardai as a non-infected person we all know they will go out of their way to 'find' an offence to nail you on so you better not have any bald tyres etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

pickled101 wrote: »

looking forward to the infamous taco fries with cheese once again

On a lighter note - and maybe Paul can join in and elaborate.....

surely cheese would be the norm on a taco fries, would you not have to request them without cheese?? :)

P.S - i'm looking forward to them too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

Apart from comments on a free country etc being stupid and selfish in this current climate, what the selfish often forget, is that the quicker they stop being selfish and just stay the fcuk home, the sooner they and the rest of us can get back to our freedom!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Paulrio456

bobdcow wrote: »
    On a lighter note - and maybe Paul can join in and elaborate.....

surely cheese would be the norm on a taco fries, would you not have to request them without cheese?? :)

P.S - i'm looking forward to them too!
    Tks guys. Yes the standard taco fries are mince taco sauce and cheese on chips. You can take off or indeed add on whatever you like.

I must be in the minority of people who does not like taco fries (no offence Burger Shack!!). Prefer my fries with salt and vinegar, that's it! Although I do remember having chips and coleslaw from Viva Burg after a night in Horans on many an occasion!! They usually tasted better after consuming alcohol! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I must be in the minority of people who does not like taco fries (no offence Burger Shack!!). Prefer my fries with salt and vinegar, that's it! Although I do remember having chips and coleslaw from Viva Burg after a night in Horans on many an occasion!! They usually tasted better after consuming alcohol! lol

I think anything in viva tastes better with alcohol :D

There are now 72 confirmed cases in Kerry, with 402 more COVID-19 cases confirmed nationally today...
    http://traleetoday.ie/four-more-confirmed-coronavirus-cases-in-kerry/?fbclid=IwAR1kfLSOnCdwqv7SVyVaKS4TlDTSYhZjZ-xJkdlxSLn407y4pxo8N0iagXU

Four new cases in Kerry doesn't seem bad, given 402 nationwide.

Four new cases in Kerry doesn't seem bad, given 402 nationwide.

yeah and only 2 yesterday so its not too bad here, but a big jump nationwide unfortunately, almost doubled since yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Paulrio456

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

We will forgive you as you certainly are in a minority!!

Advertisement